The Supernova....anyone Else Hope They Bring In Non-Omni Clan Mechs So We Can Have This Sexy Beast?

BattleMechs

66 replies to this topic

#61 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 May 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

Ever since MW3 (cuz let's face it, Loose's 3058 TRO illustration was NOT One of his finer works) this has been my favorite Clan Assault (tied with the Warhammer IIC, technically, but we ain't gonna get it).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

90 tons of Energy Based Face Wreckage.
6 Clan ER Large Lasers.
26 (!!!!!!!) DHS
3 JJs
464 pts of Armor (MWO armor scale)

THIS. This is why I dislike the PGI Mech Tree idea. Because Mechs like this only have ONE variant in Timeline. And because they cannot (figure out how to) increase the grind (and thus enhance likelihood of spending IRL money on the mech or GXP conversion to speed up the process) it's just one of several mechs that will NEVER see the light of day in MWO.

And this is why many of us have been telling PGI, since Closed Beta, that their Pilot Skill system is borked.

Please, White Knights of the PGI Table, come to their defense and explain how a Skill Tree design that EXCLUDES a HUGE portion of the extant Mechs PGI could be adding (and monetizing) to the game is a Good Idea.

*(Yes, this vile Black Knight just pulled a bait n switch. Deal with it. BTW, Black Knight would be cool to have in game too. But they would have to add a "PGI, We Totally Know What We're Doing!" Paint scheme to it to get it to sell...... but it might become the Mech du jour of us disgruntled masses, the sign of our own "Occupy" movement)

NO they shouldn't bring this sexy beast to MWO.
Because we both know what they will do to it's weapons. They'll be itty bitty pathetic pea shooters.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 27 May 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

I found a youtube video with links in the description to some patches and files made by fans (). These did the trick for me. There are still some glitches, APCs still bounce a little and I'm having some slow down issues but it's playable finally. For me Instant Action is more stable than the campaign but I'm going to give the campaign a go and see what happens.

awesome. will look into it! I have been jonesing for the campaign for some time.

View PostMavairo, on 27 May 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

NO they shouldn't bring this sexy beast to MWO.
Because we both know what they will do to it's weapons. They'll be itty bitty pathetic pea shooters.

reality check ....

:)

#63 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Cockpit is bigger than some 25 ton mechs...Needs better art scaling.

#64 Black Arachne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Another mech that will be hampered by Ghost Heat.....if Clan Nova Cat is smart they won't take part in CW since they love energy mechs.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

View Post911 Inside Job, on 27 May 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

Cockpit is bigger than some 25 ton mechs...Needs better art scaling.

in game cockpit is a single panel chosen. Visual cockpit is irrelevant.

Plus you should be able to see my Commando driving my Supernova.

#66 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 May 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

Ever since MW3 (cuz let's face it, Loose's 3058 TRO illustration was NOT One of his finer works) this has been my favorite Clan Assault (tied with the Warhammer IIC, technically, but we ain't gonna get it).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

90 tons of Energy Based Face Wreckage.
6 Clan ER Large Lasers.
26 (!!!!!!!) DHS
3 JJs
464 pts of Armor (MWO armor scale)

THIS. This is why I dislike the PGI Mech Tree idea. Because Mechs like this only have ONE variant in Timeline. And because they cannot (figure out how to) increase the grind (and thus enhance likelihood of spending IRL money on the mech or GXP conversion to speed up the process) it's just one of several mechs that will NEVER see the light of day in MWO.

And this is why many of us have been telling PGI, since Closed Beta, that their Pilot Skill system is borked.

Please, White Knights of the PGI Table, come to their defense and explain how a Skill Tree design that EXCLUDES a HUGE portion of the extant Mechs PGI could be adding (and monetizing) to the game is a Good Idea.

*(Yes, this vile Black Knight just pulled a bait n switch. Deal with it. BTW, Black Knight would be cool to have in game too. But they would have to add a "PGI, We Totally Know What We're Doing!" Paint scheme to it to get it to sell...... but it might become the Mech du jour of us disgruntled masses, the sign of our own "Occupy" movement)

All. Of my. Yes.

#67 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

Fake Supernovas:
[WARHAWK-PRIME]: 5xCERLL, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro

+ 2 free moveable arms
- only 2 CERLL at the Left Arm.

[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 6xCERLL, Clan XL300, DHS
+ 3 CERLL in each arm
- Left arm is not free to move

- they are all not as sexy as the real Supernova in their chassis.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users