Match Wide, Once A Day C-Bill Bonus On Gold 'mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Skiddlywibble

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Right now the gold clan 'mechs are a horrible purchase, even if you have the money to spare. It suffers from the same problem that every MC purchase suffers from, a lack of social or community value, but the sheer cost is so high that this problem is much more salient than it is for other purchases. Anyone driving one of these things is likely to become a focal point for community hatred.

What I propose is a small, once per player, per day c-bill bonus for all players who drop into a match with someone piloting a gold 'mech. Even if the bonus is small (say 5%, or even just a flat 1000 c-bill value), it means that gold 'mechs become something that people actually want to encounter. Instead of being a way to flaunt wealth in the face of other players, they become a way to improve the experience of everyone the owner interacts with. Taken along with the bragging factor, gold 'mechs would become a much more appealing prospect.

I'm actually surprised that there aren't any options like this already. A lot of successful F2P games enable altruistic spending in some way or another ('Secret Saxtons' in TF2 and the 'Money Bomb' are two great examples), and it's a great way to add social value to a purchase.

Edited by Skiddlywibble, 26 May 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#2 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

That actually sounds like a pretty neat idea... and I'm sure the newcomers with nothing in their inventories would appreciate the extra cash. <_<

#3 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostSkiddlywibble, on 26 May 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

Right now the gold clan 'mechs are a horrible purchase, even if you have the money to spare. It suffers from the same problem that every MC purchase suffers from, a lack of social or community value, but the sheer cost is so high that this problem is much more salient than it is for other purchases. Anyone driving one of these things is likely to become a focal point for community hatred.

But why? unchallanged and deephearted Envy? Whenever I gonna see a Gold I will just look at it sine it will be a very rare sight. limited and still nearly none of thems sold.

But yeah the idea of having like 5% extra money for the whole match would be great ^^

Edited by Grimmrog, 26 May 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#4 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

This is a great idea, reminds me of the analogy used by that popular F2P video, about the "Moneybomb" that you could only buy for other players. You basically throw it down in a public place and everyone around you can pick up the money.

I think it would create a LOT of positivity around those who want to support the game with ludicrous purchases like gold 'mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users