Support Your Role Players!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

My one complaint about this game has not been its ludicrously slow feature roll out <_< it hasn't been against the blatant money grabs :D not even about the complete inability to take criticism from its own customer base :D

Nope, none of these. I have been patient, even defending certain decisions you have made in the past to keep this game balanced and fun to play. Just to be clear, I have ordered the Founders, Phoenix, Reinforcement and Full Clan packages. Why, because i love this franchise, and despite some GLARING inadequacies of PGI, i see what they are trying to accomplish here, hence my financial support.

What i cannot fathom, even on an infinitesimal amount of time is the lack of support you give your role players IN the game!!! The entire rating system is based on damage!?!? You wonder why people complain so much and why the wait times are so skewed?? It is because playing a light is all but worthless in this game. I remember your mission statement when i joined the Closed Beta. We *and i am paraphrasing here* don't want this game to be a rush to get in the biggest heaviest mech possible as soon as possible. But then you go and make an ELO and match ranking system based 90% on damage.....What the F@#$%!!!! How does that not go against the EXACT statement you made??? I LOVE piloting lights, love em, and i love their diversity!! Scout, harasser, ECM coverage, Narc and Tag options for missile boats ... etc. But it just burns me up when i have a match where i did about 2-250 damage, had a ton of assists, 3 points capped and one-handedly saved the match by doing my JOB and i get a match score of 35-45. Why did i just waste all of this time doing what I am supposed to be doing in a light when i could just plop in an Atlas and do 4-500 damage, get a kill or too and LOSE and get the same score?? How does that even make a remote bit of sense?? All this does, especially to the new players is make them want to pilot bigger mechs before they master the skills of a lighter chassis.

Now i have heard for over a YEAR that this was going to be addressed. And so far all i keep hearing is we are looking into it. I just cant see how programming specific perks and rewards for doing what your role is in a game that constantly makes an effort to say how this is a game based on differentiating roles can be so difficult.

Please PGI, get it together....ASAP!!! Support those of us who like playing the roles that make this game as fun as it can be, because if you don't, and soon, you will loose us. Then this game becomes as one dimensional as you feared the prior games were.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Yup.

#3 draimond

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

I use a UAV to help convert cbills into mech xp when im xp grinding a variant i hate. I'm guilty of using GXP just to get it over with sooner too. Also i often dont feel competitive in some of these variants as far as damage dealing goes and my average mech xp per game reflects this. Hence the use of a uav. It would make life easier if other roles were somehow better off then they currently are... more rewarding or even just acknowledged.

Lets say I ton up my light with narc and tag, maybe even a ppc to disable enemy ecm. I have every target on the enemy team lit up... but matchmaker didn't drop me with any lrm boats. So... I'm assuming i'll get ****** all xp because there are no boat to lock my targets?

mmo's (like world of warcraft) have a feature that allow to pick you roll when you look for a group. MWO could use this too. I'm not saying its the best possible solution but it may work. e.g. DPS and Scout. If i pick DPS every thing works as it does now. If i pick scout the match score reverses so that my damage counts for very little and spotting etc counts highly towards my Role Score?

You could go one step further and add LRM to the Roles, so that match maker has a static variable to work with when balancing teams. if 4 lrm roles jump into match maker, each team gets 2? use the existing system to pick 24 players and then divy it up by roll to keep the concentration of rolls per match somewhat random or varied. (btw, reconnect would be good or kick dc

Match score = damage score
win / loss ration = luck or match maker? client crash... definitely doesn't reflect your match contribution toward victory..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users