- - - - -

Connection

8 replies to this topic

#1 kenetiks

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Allow me to apologize in advance for posting this in the wrong place if it is.

I'm a new player merely trying to connect to the game. I've tracked the issue across the forums and no one seems to have been able to get around this issue.

My client is attempting to connect to the following ip address which, given it's port range, I am assuming is the actually game server(router, cluster, etc).

The IP address is this: 70.42.29.74 with a port of 45461.

I came to this address after tracking the connection issue across all of the common problems such as firewalls, etc. After everything, it seems this ip address is unreachable from any of my machines. So it's not a connection issue on one machine. I've tried using several and then tried to ping the IP from other servers and also returned it as losing 100% of the packets and tracerts all fail.

Any suggestions?

#2 Kurkotain

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts
  • LocationOmnicron persei 8

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

I had a problem like that waaay back in the days of closed beta (almost 2 years ago) which i resolved by going into the game folder and deleting the temp folder where the patches go while they are being downloaded. But that was way back and maybe it wouldn't work since you can't even connect to the game.
Sorry i have no more suggestions or insight about this, maybe someone more knowledgeable will come and help out.

#3 Rumplestiltskin

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

View Postkenetiks, on 26 May 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Allow me to apologize in advance for posting this in the wrong place if it is.

I'm a new player merely trying to connect to the game. I've tracked the issue across the forums and no one seems to have been able to get around this issue.

My client is attempting to connect to the following ip address which, given it's port range, I am assuming is the actually game server(router, cluster, etc).

The IP address is this: 70.42.29.74 with a port of 45461.

I came to this address after tracking the connection issue across all of the common problems such as firewalls, etc. After everything, it seems this ip address is unreachable from any of my machines. So it's not a connection issue on one machine. I've tried using several and then tried to ping the IP from other servers and also returned it as losing 100% of the packets and tracerts all fail.

Any suggestions?

You may want to reinstall the client software, also could run the repair tool

If it is saying webpage cannot be displayed or similar, you can try ( in internet exploder) changing some settings . Go to tools- internet options- advanced. Select use SSL 2.0 & 3.0,

and also TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 Apply & OK. Restart M.W.O. This has worked well for me

The SSl & TLS settings were an ongoing issue every patch, and finally quit entirely. Hope this gets you good to go.

#4 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Similar to Kurk, I cannot help - but as my post helps hold it near the top, I will post anyways

(that and I am curious as to what the answer is gonna be)

#5 kenetiks

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Actually rump, I get the login screen, login, it then drops me for an "unknown error".

I again tried to ping the IP from several different services as well as my own. All packet losses and tracert failures from my machine and servers in remote locations.

When I relaunched for the 20th or so time, I notice the updater connecting to the same IP on port 80. I went to firefox and on a whim of, "what could it hurt", I tried the IP. I got the landing page on the MWO site. I again tried the client and for some odd reason, the IP is now responsive and I got connected. So I'll try out the game and report any further issues.

Thanks.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

The game server itself cannot be pinged. This prevents it from being the target of many DDOS attacks. Even though we can connect to the server to play, it refuses pings. So, a ping is not a true diagnostic that the server is not receiving you at all.

Write an email to support@mwomercs.com

#7 kenetiks

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

The same problem has reoccured today as well. I tried to retrace my steps to get the server to respond again.

I've been able to get the connection back several times, only to lose it and regain it once again. I can't seem to find a pattern behind the network trouble the client seems to have. Since quite a few other players seem to be having the same problem from what I've read on the forums. It's not something that is one of those weird, one in a million conflicts that is producing it. I have tried multiple machines with the same result and can only conclude that the client needs to be patched when the devs figure out what the actual problem is. So I will try out the game at a later date since, for now, it takes hours to be able to play a handful of matches before being ousted again.

Good luck

#8 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

You say tracert gives fails in remote locations. Are these fails at the destination IP or one or two hops before it? If it the distance between you and the fail is closer than between the fail and the server, it might be your provider or DNS. Did you try to run ipconfig /flushdns from a command prompt and do it again?

https://www.whatsmyd.../flush-dns.html

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

Best bet at this point is emailing support@mwomercs.com. They will have you run some tests and feed them some info and try to track down the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users