Elite Mech Unlocks

4 replies to this topic

#1 R0M30

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

There was a day, when I was grinding up experience, that I was able to unlock all the basics in one variant of a chassis, sell it, buy the next variant and so on. Once I did this with the 3rd variant, I was able to start unlocking the elite skills.

There was also a time when I was able to sell a mech chassis and still see the experience progress on the sold variant.

That seems to be no longer the case.

Situation 1 - I just got done unlocking the last basic on my 3rd variant of the Wolverine Chassis. I sold the 1st variant in order to purchase the 3rd variant and keep the second variant to see which of the 2 I did best. Once I finished basics in the 3rd, I sold the 2nd to make space for a new mech chassis. I then went to use the experience I built up to start unlocking elite skills to find that they are grayed out.

Situation 2- Many moons ago, I mastered the Trebuchet Chassis. I sold that chassis because either it sucks, or I suck at using it. Either way, after I sold it, I could look back fondily at the master status feel a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that I was able to master such a crappy mech. Once UI 2.0 came out, I tried to do that again and it seems that option has disappeared. (I just checked again to make sure I'm not complaining about something that's been changed).

So, can someone tell me what has happened, why and when it will be changed back so I can continue my quest for mastery of all mechs? I guess the other answer is "Your Quest is over and failed, get over it" But I'd rather not see that answer.....

Thank you

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostR0M30, on 26 May 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Situation 1 - I just got done unlocking the last basic on my 3rd variant of the Wolverine Chassis. I sold the 1st variant in order to purchase the 3rd variant and keep the second variant to see which of the 2 I did best. Once I finished basics in the 3rd, I sold the 2nd to make space for a new mech chassis. I then went to use the experience I built up to start unlocking elite skills to find that they are grayed out.

That shouldn't be happening anymore, but it could be an artifact of selling the first chassis (assuming, you did ALL the basics on it). Technically, "it helps" to have ALL 3 chassis present when you've basiced them out. There could be some underlying logic that PGI has failed to account for.

You should contact support. I'm not sure how they can help though (although, I assume they will try).

Situation 2- Many moons ago, I mastered the Trebuchet Chassis. I sold that chassis because either it sucks, or I suck at using it. Either way, after I sold it, I could look back fondily at the master status feel a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that I was able to master such a crappy mech. Once UI 2.0 came out, I tried to do that again and it seems that option has disappeared. (I just checked again to make sure I'm not complaining about something that's been changed).

XP for non-owned chassis is not listed. That's still true today. It's annoying as heck though. It shouldn't prevent you from doing anything in particular though. Contact support OR calculate the XP value from looking in your mech stats by adding up XP from both the current season and previous season (or whatever PGI calls it). That should "give you an idea"... outside of contacting support to find out.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 May 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#3 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

I remember seeing it's in the works, I think it was kinda overlooked.

#4 R0M30

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

OK, Thank you all for your responses.

I contacted support and got the answers I needed.

It seems I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first, I guess.... I'm an idiot. That may not be bad news for those of you who face me on the battle field, but it sure doesn't help my self image :P Turns out, I didn't unlock a basic skill on the WVR 6k before I sold it to open space for buying the 7k. Apparently I was in such a hurry to get rid of that thing, I overlooked the vital point.

Good News is, Once I repurchased the mech, I was able to unlock the skill and that un-grayed (De-Grayed?) the Elite skills in the 7K.

So, there ya go.

Thank you all again.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostR0M30, on 27 May 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

OK, Thank you all for your responses.

I contacted support and got the answers I needed.

It seems I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first, I guess.... I'm an idiot. That may not be bad news for those of you who face me on the battle field, but it sure doesn't help my self image :P Turns out, I didn't unlock a basic skill on the WVR 6k before I sold it to open space for buying the 7k. Apparently I was in such a hurry to get rid of that thing, I overlooked the vital point.

Good News is, Once I repurchased the mech, I was able to unlock the skill and that un-grayed (De-Grayed?) the Elite skills in the 7K.

So, there ya go.

Thank you all again.

Here's a simple tip: Make sure you have all basics done for the mech BEFORE you sell it. To verify, you need to rely on the "basics" counter in the chassis tree to verify it. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble when you don't.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users