125 replies to this topic

#1 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

EDIT: I got a tad excited and didn't do my checks first. Was already posted in general.

Looks like someone updated the clan page in error, either that or they gave up on announcements. They're showing the Direwolf and put up the gold versions of both Nova and Direwolf in the gold section. Coincidentally there's apparently less than 5 TWs left, and under 50 of the Warhawk, Direwolf, Summoner, and Stormcrow now too.

Posted Image

View Post101011, on 27 May 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Pictures up in the media section:
Spoiler

Edited by Saber Avalon, 27 May 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

And the social rewards scroll over is still broken too.

Still, the models look nice.

#3 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 26 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

EDIT: I got a tad excited and didn't do my checks first. Was already posted in general.

Looks like someone updated the clan page in error, either that or they gave up on announcements. They're showing the Direwolf and put up the gold versions of both Nova and Direwolf in the gold section. Coincidentally there's apparently less than 5 TWs left, and under 50 of the Warhawk, Direwolf, Summoner, and Stormcrow now too.

Posted Image

...or have just gotten REALLY lazy. :D

#4 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostNinthshadow, on 26 May 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

And the social rewards scroll over is still broken too.

Still, the models look nice.

I strongly disagree. This bugs me far more than the Timber Wolf. This is comical, not menacing!

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

God, damn. I do not want to sound like a total ass, but there is quite literally nothing about that Dire Wolf model that looks good to me - aside from the legs. The torso on this one, just like the warhawk, seems too big, but as if that was not bad enough they stretched it out unnecessarily. The classic bubble nose is now what appears to be the front end of some sort of cargo airliner bolted to a cardboard box. Combined, it makes the arms look extremely tiny by comparison, throwing the entire model's proportions out of whack.

While I am hoping part of it is the ridiculous fish-eyed perspective, I doubt it makes up for all of the mess I am looking at over here

Posted Image

This looks good. By comparison, they made the torso taller and the "nose" about twice as big as it was going to be. Screwy proportions wrecking this mech's looks.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 26 May 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#6 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostNathan K, on 26 May 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

...or have just gotten REALLY lazy. :D

...or tired of hearing us annoyingly beg for more information lol

#7 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Funny. The thumbnail in the mech list on the page looks better, somehow. It still looks disproportionate, but a bit better. I am hoping to be surprised (in a good way) by better photos, but I am not counting on it.

#8 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostSaber Avalon, on 26 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostPariah Devalis, on 26 May 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

God, damn. I do not want to sound like a total ass, but there is quite literally nothing about that Dire Wolf model that looks good to me - aside from the legs. The torso on this one, just like the warhawk, seems too big, but as if that was not bad enough they stretched it out unnecessarily. The classic bubble nose is now what appears to be the front end of some sort of cargo airliner bolted to a cardboard box. Combined, it makes the arms look extremely tiny by comparison, throwing the entire model's proportions out of whack.

While I am hoping part of it is the ridiculous fish-eyed perspective, I doubt it makes up for all of the mess I am looking at over here

Posted Image

This looks good. By comparison, they made the torso taller and the "nose" about twice as big as it was going to be. Screwy proportions wrecking this mech's looks.

*looks at the model, looks at the art, looks at the model, looks at the art, falls into tears* :D

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! ;)

Edited by Nathan K, 26 May 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#9 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

View Post101011, on 26 May 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I strongly disagree. This bugs me far more than the Timber Wolf. This is comical, not menacing!

I might consider editing it out, but then my post would have been completely off topic. I can't help but feel the clanmechs somehow came out more 'cartoony' than the ones we currently have?

It might just be the side affect of seeing them in orange and green all the time.

I confess, my eyes don't want to cooperate looking at the model for more than about thirty seconds right now. It's like the perspective of the image is messing with me.

#10 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostNinthshadow, on 26 May 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

I might consider editing it out, but then my post would have been completely off topic. I can't help but feel the clanmechs somehow came out more 'cartoony' than the ones we currently have?

It might just be the side affect of seeing them in orange and green all the time.

I confess, my eyes don't want to cooperate looking at the model for more than about thirty seconds right now. It's like the perspective of the image is messing with me.

Aff, I do believe it is the absurd color scheme they decided to go with which makes them look like disproportionate toys. That Kit Fox in your sig, for example, looks sexy as hell.

#11 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

It's a Catapult, in a Winnebago, Sausage legs and with Lazors coming out of its hands, still, I'd pilot one.

#12 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostRonyn, on 26 May 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

It's a Catapult, in a Winnebago, Sausage legs and with Lazors coming out of its hands, still, I'd pilot one.

*you yell to your teammates* SHIELD YOUR EYES!

*you step into the center of the battlefield, all who look upon you turn to stone*

Edited by Nathan K, 26 May 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#13 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Looks horrific, sigh...........

#14 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

The Dire Wolf may look ugly, but when it hits the field, its gonna be a straight-up beast.

#15 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostWill9761, on 26 May 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

The Dire Wolf may look ugly, but when it hits the field, its gonna be a straight-up beast.

A straight-up beast with a giant hood that will be shot off from clear across a map >_<

#16 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

*takes another look at the Dire Wolf* Ow.

I can see what they have done and why. The torso has been made taller so that the arms do not dig into the back of the legs.

Does not make it look any less ugly though.

#17 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

It's going to be a bigger target than my Gold Timberwolf lol

#18 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostNathan K, on 26 May 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

*takes another look at the Dire Wolf* Ow.

I can see what they have done and why. The torso has been made taller so that the arms do not dig into the back of the legs.

Does not make it look any less ugly though.

They could have made the arms spaced farther out and solved the problem just as easily. Regardless, the Center Torso has no real excuse to be blown up in size like they did it. :\

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 26 May 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#19 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 26 May 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

They could have made the arms spaced farther out and solved the problem just as easily. Regardless, the Center Torso has no real excuse to be blown up in size like they did it. :\

No, they have an excuse. ^_^

Just not a good one. ^_^

#20 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

PGI better not F-up the Dire Wolf.

I spent 500 bones on this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic