• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 22 May 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

You do know the question session is already over right?

Yeah, my tired self just realized it.. so I removed my post. I hope. There is no actual delete option...odd.

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Have we met?
You're LateTo TheParty, right?

Gah.. you folks are FAST. I literally just posted it and then realized what day it is.. so I removed it.

My bad. I blame my PTSD meds on this one. B)

#322 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 May 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Since collision mapping is all related, please refer to: http://mwomercs.com/...ision-feedback/

Thanks but what I wrote up is an overall review of Maps & Mode, not limited to collisions.
Turrets, Base Locations, typical fight areas, where Lances start, a much broader range of subjects I cover than just Collisions & Stuck Points.

Edited by Merchant, 22 May 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#323 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Russ said....
I can finally say that all of the engineering resources will be making the switch to CW straight away. Some may be switched over within 2 weeks, others just post June 17th clan release. Designs are in hand for the start of programming and we expect a quick progression to V1 of community warfare. I can at least state a fall 2014 release, thats as accurate as I can be at this time, but it's happening!

So, they havnt even started coding CW yet..LOL. So i goto take it that the numerous time he said that CW was 3 months or very soon it was just outright lies.
First UI was the thing holding up progress now its the clans.

Edited by N0MAD, 22 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#324 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

You would only have known that for sure if you were following me on Twitter after I lost my **** about that comment.
https://twitter.com/...641866439172097

I don't use twitter.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 22 May 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#325 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 22 May 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

[color=#959595]so, they havnt even started coding CW yet..LOL. So i goto take it that the numerous time he said that CW was 3 months or very soon it was just outright lies.[/color]
[color=#959595]First UI was the thing holding up progress now its the clans.[/color]

Exactly why I always say that 'The Plan' means nothing.. ...having a % value against progress means nothing when that item could be left for months to finish something else off.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

[color=#00FFFF]This event will begin to tomorrow, [/color]Thursday, May 22nd 2014 at 4 PM PDT / 7 PM EDT / 11 PM UTC[color=#00FFFF].[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]The AMA will last [/color]2 hours[color=#00FFFF] and we will cover questions provided during that window.[/color]

Don't forget your brothers down asia town.. ..AEST please! All good having times for east/west coast US and Europe - but what about your Oceania/Asia region players! Just saying...

#326 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 22 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Question:
How financially viable and healthy is PGI and MWO?

Many on the forums believe that MWO is on the verge of shutting down and any money spent (Clan Pack) is going to be lost as the game shuts down.

Given the lack of visibility of number of players (no lobbies, no view of how many are playing except the other 23 you are with in a launch), lack of communication from PGI on the forums, lack of progress towards goals (e.g. Community Warfare, UI 2.0), untested game breaking bugs introduced in patches and being left for days/weeks (Missile bugs, Matchmaker), and sales that appear to be cash grabs and or compensation/diversion from the patch bugs; confirmation bias shows this to be a game and company on the verge of shutting down.

Convince me that the forums are wrong and PGI and MWO are healthy.

Answer:
Well this is nothing new, people have been predicting our demise since the initial announcement of MWO. I can also remind everyone that we recently received an extension on the license from MSFT that can take us through to the year 2020. I will also point to the fact that PGI is currently hiring and has grown as a studio by 25% in the past 6 months. We have been around for 14 years and I expect we will be around for many more years to come. I know I plan on making MechWarrior content for a long time yet. You may continue to show your confidence in PGI or the lack thereof with your heart and wallet.

Translation:
Pay us, or don't, we are going full steam ahead! (I like this answer a lot)

Translation: CW in 2020! Will there be any players left? Especially since by Russ' own admission they have not done anything with CW except some doodles on paper. An entirely ambitious project by a company with no real resume to speak of...

Games developed[edit]
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike (Xbox 360, Wii, Windows)
Duke Nukem Forever (Windows, Xbox 360, PS3)
MechWarrior Online (Windows)
Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza (Windows)
EA Playground (Nintendo DS)
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (PSP)
Need For Speed: Undercover (PSP)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Windows, Xbox 360, PS3)
Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt (Xbox 360, Wii, PC)

There is way to much pride in this guy. My dad always said, "If you don't know then ask someone." If you don't know what you are doing then start hiring people who have worked on MMO projects. Faith is waning and the reddit session did little to inspire.

Edited by IceCase88, 22 May 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#327 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostIceCase88, on 22 May 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Spoiler

Careful, last time I brought up this kind of history my thread went to K-land.

#328 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostIceCase88, on 22 May 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Translation: CW in 2020! Will there be any players left? Especially since by Russ' own admission they have not done anything with CW except some doodles on paper. An entirely ambitious project by a company with no real resume to speak of...

Games developed[edit]
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike (Xbox 360, Wii, Windows)
Duke Nukem Forever (Windows, Xbox 360, PS3)
MechWarrior Online (Windows)
Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza (Windows)
EA Playground (Nintendo DS)
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (PSP)
Need For Speed: Undercover (PSP)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Windows, Xbox 360, PS3)
Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt (Xbox 360, Wii, PC)

There is way to much pride in this guy. My dad always said, "If you don't know then ask someone." If you don't know what you are doing then start hiring people who have worked on MMO projects. Faith is waning and the reddit session did little to inspire.

See even your list there is misinformation, they didnt develop most of that list, they did sub contract work on them and mostly just porting, am i wrong?.

#329 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

In a nutshell all I got was -

"Clan Mechs have taken all our resources and bottle necked all production. We are not sure why, but we cannot tell you any more information on clan mechs other than the variants. Once we have the clans out we can think about starting new maps and CW but do not know when any of this will be completed or what resources will be allocated where, so dont expect anything, we dont even really know when hit registration will be fixed but once clans are out of the way we will look into it. Fluff. Oh and warhorns are unique."

NB: Apologies for the sarcasm but there were some really good opportunities to give solid answers to some solid questions. At the end of the day at least Russ was honest with where it is all at...

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 May 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#330 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostBront, on 22 May 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

If I felt the had planned it that way rather than it just happening that way, I'd be happier.

Story wise though, the clan invasion would kinda suck though if it lacked the clan mechs though.

Yea, that's what gets me about it. We were supposed to have CW out well before this. Sorry dead horse... I know we won't have it anytime soon even. Just wishing the perfect world in my head where our already embroiled IS CW battles are turned on their sides as essentially CW 2.0 comes out and the clans invaded, refreshing portions of the maps, just portions that were static and not captured so players didn't lose progress, but opened up new border zones to fight over.

Either way, I suppose I'll stop wishing for what won't happen and look forward to what is coming. The game is still fun for sure, I just need to stop thinking it will be as in depth as I had hoped... hard to give up that hope though.

Back on track- those of you actually sifting through Reddit for the info that is of interest deserve a medal!

Edit- although now that I am reading some of those.. my optimism is declining... /sigh

Edited by Linkin, 22 May 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#331 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Despite my criticism and the things I don't like about how PGI has handled this project so far, I think it's unfair to twist his words in the way it has been done in some of the last posts.

Stating one's opinion or even venting and ranting is ok and understandable, as long as it stays well inside what's perceived as civil.
But deliberately trying to make someone look bad is like not giving him a chance in the first place. Why even bother? If it's that bad it would be best to just forget about the game and be done with it.

I'm not pleased with the game I have actually invested money in.
But I'm either still willing to give it a chance, or I'm gone.
To stay here just to make that odd snarky remark is a bit redundant, isn't it?

By all means, be blunt, be harsh, maybe even a bit sarcastic. But please try to stay constructive, honest and halfway polite.

#332 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostLinkin, on 22 May 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Either way, I suppose I'll stop wishing for what won't happen and look forward to what is coming. The game is still fun for sure, I just need to stop thinking it will be as in depth as I had hoped... hard to give up that hope though.

I have not been looking forward to the implementation of CW.
I cannot see how it can actually mean anything (IE: us actually pushing borders around)- without running the risk of wiping one of the factions out completely.

Which would be part of the reason it being delayed has not worried me in the least, to be sure. B)

#333 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

My question ->

How the hell do any of you still have jobs?

#334 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostOrdellus, on 22 May 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

My question ->

How the hell do any of you still have jobs?

Because some people will throw money at anything.

#335 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I cannot see how it can actually mean anything (IE: us actually pushing borders around)- without running the risk of wiping one of the factions out completely.

Which would be part of the reason it being delayed has not worried me in the least, to be sure. ;)

Hmm, yea, an implementation that allows one faction to totally be wiped out wouldn't be very fun. Given the history of implementation of ideas thus far, perhaps I'll join you in the not so worried about when CW comes out camp. I'll just look forward to ruining shiny clan mechs pre CW B)

#336 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostLinkin, on 22 May 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

I'll just look forward to ruining shiny clan mechs pre CW B)

I look forward more to just watching the slow evolution of the game - it isn't all going to be pretty, but then....

What game's evolution has been? ;)

#337 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Which would be part of the reason it being delayed has not worried me in the least, to be sure. B)

Orbital bombardment is against the ares convention. So some (insert the faction you don't like) Will always crawl back out of whatever hole (Insert your favored faction) left them screaming in.

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 22 May 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#338 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostJohn Norad, on 22 May 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

To stay here just to make that odd snarky remark is a bit redundant, isn't it?

By all means, be blunt, be harsh, maybe even a bit sarcastic. But please try to stay constructive, honest and halfway polite.

Not really. breaking it how I see it in the most polite way possible. It is far more constructive than those members who DEMAND content or who EXPECT everything and those that just plain and simply WHINE about it. All im doing is being frank about how I read between the lines of what was said, even if it is a brutally honest opinioin.

Note I did comment that at least Russ was honest with the info - that does take a fair amount of balls, knowing that by doing so would most like be at the ire of many community members that have been waiting for content and info for, quite franky.. ..years now.

Now personally I am a huge fan of the game and while delays may be disappointing I cannot say that I am going to quit the game, do a V***** M***** or anything like that because of what is happening with the content. One of the most important things Russ mentioned was that no other company was willing to pick up the franchise - so I am exceptionally grateful that PGI did and that we even have a mech warrior game. I love this sh*t and even if there are delays im still going to play and probably buy content from time to time.. ..so there you go.

That is all.

#339 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 22 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Orbital bombardment is against the ares convention. So some (insert the faction you don't like) Will always crawl back out of whatever hole (Insert your favored faction) left them screaming in.

I am not even talking about things like OB.

Consider this - what if the Davion players chose NOT to stop pushing into Liao territory during the 4th succession war?

#340 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Not installed with any more hope than I had before, it's alot of 'if we can do this, we'll start working on that'.

Deadlines slip, projects get pushed and delayed, I'm aware of that, but the consequence of that is customers leaves, profits vanish, and then resources get allocated to other, more 'profitable ventures'.

Look at MW:Tactics, a game that (I thought) had just as much (if not more) promise than MW:O, and that died by the wayside, stuck in BETA land, with very little hope of every getting out.

If you like what MW:O is now, good for you, you should have fun for years to come.

If you're unsatisfied as I am, well, 2020 can't come soon enough.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users