1 reply to this topic

#1 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Everyone knows arty and air strikes are crazy overpowered if used correctly. So how about some very small tweaks that could change their usage enough to make them fair and less of a must-have and more of a great-to-have:

1. Require the user to stare at the spot and hold the strike button down for 1 full second. Means that they would have to stop and couldn't just wade in, drop arty, run. Also makes it more of a ROLE-based weapon.

2. When a friendly views the smoke, it immediately displays on all friendly radars as a pulsing dot. This would act as a slightly early warning, though wouldn't negate the effect of strikes in any way. I hate that my teammates can't quickly communicate that I have smoke coming out of my crotch.

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Meh, I think that they are fine as-is, although the pulsing dot is nice.

Frankly, I would like to see additional strikes like a smoke shell, EMP, etc. The smoke shell would provide a covering of smoke that would obscure everything from view - very useful for covering a withdraw or an advance. The EMP could be a missile foil. If you drop against a team that has scads of LRMs, throw down the EMP round and knock out enemy locking capabilities. That round could also temporarily shut-down enemy Mechs. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users