#241 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostVulix, on 28 May 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Dog fighting module is being released this week. They demo'd it at PAX over a month ago, where it constantly crashed and didn't demonstrate anything other than flying around in a manner that any space shooter made in a week on Unity could do.

Keep convincing yourself with whatever you want to believe xD

Made your post factually correct.

It looked neat, but it was not dog fighting and all he did was crash the ship, crash the game, crash the ship, shot at stuff that didn't shoot back, and crashed the game again. In fact, the entire video was just crashing.

#242 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostVulix, on 28 May 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

I can take your whole post and counter it with two words - Star Citizen

You must be trolling right?

#243 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostS3dition, on 28 May 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Made your post factually correct.

It looked neat, but it was not dog fighting and all he did was crash the ship, crash the game, crash the ship, shot at stuff that didn't shoot back, and crashed the game again. In fact, the entire video was just crashing.

There was indeed some dog-fighting in the demo. Not too mention CR kept reiterating it is being released as a beta to get players to help test. Nevermind though, keep distorting facts to fit your version of reality

Edited by Vulix, 28 May 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#244 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostVulix, on 28 May 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Dog fighting module is being released this week. They demo'd it at PAX over a month ago.

Keep convincing yourself with whatever you want to believe xD

Im starting to sound like /r/mwo when it comes to Star Citizen, and I do appologise for that but....

Dog Fighting was supposed to hit november last year, while PGI has that beaten hands down with a 2 year delay is that really something to hold up as a shining example?

The PAX demo was fun, I particularly liked the blue screen of death every other minute of their "show".

I am just as guilty as any other Star Citizen sponsor since I have supported them with money too, but lets be honest here. If we want to reserve the right to complain about CW in MWO (and we do, they have handled it beyond bad, beyond incompetent, its more of a joke these days then a feature we are all waiting on) why should we praise a company who is behaving the same way? Just because CR comes out and says "oh dear, it did not work out as we hoped, we have to start over..." does that make him a better person then Russ who lied to us, or is he just better at spinning things?

Personaly I hope MWO shapes up to something more then a 10-min deathmatch and I hope that Star Citizen will deliver a great space combat sim, but neither has really earned much trust so far.

#245 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostVulix, on 28 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

There was indeed some dog-fighting in the demo. Not too mention CR kept reiterating it is being released as a beta to get players to help test. Nevermind though, keep distorting facts to fit your version of reality

Just another correction, its not beta, its alpha "The Arena Commander badge gives new backers access to Star Citizen’s dogfighting alpha". You can even buy an alpha pass for $5 at their webpage if you want!

Edited by Cavendish, 28 May 2014 - 11:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users