Fluctuating (Low) Fps + Laggy Mouse; Severe Input Lag Random!

3 replies to this topic

#1 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

I can go ~20 straight games with no issues, but every 10-20 games or so, I load in and immediately notice I'm getting ~40fps and it feels incredibly choppy. I usually get 70-100 so this is abnormal for me. I also notice my mouse has SEVERE input lag; if I click mouse button 1 to fire alpha it has about a ~1 second delay. It feels absolutely horrid and it's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!

I included a video here part [1] and [2] to show you guys the difference of FPS on the same map, with the same settings, roughly played 15 min apart on the same day. The input lag is much harder to show, since I would need to show you a webcam on my hand to show when I click mouse fire 1 to see the delay, so I will omit that for now:

It feels almost like I am rendering a huge video in Sony Vegas in the background and what me puzzles me more is that it happens completely randomly. Usually a reboot of my PC fixes this. It's driving me crazy and I 'm ready to un-install MWO and re-install or at most extreme re-install Windows 8, which will be a pain. I already delete the cache and it seems to make things better.

HERE you can see AFTER I re-booted, playing the same EXACT map but with MUCH higher FPS AND NO INPUT LAG, almost 15minutes after:

PC Hardware Specs:
i7 4770k @4.5ghz overclock
NZXT Kraken x60 CPU Cooler
8GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz RAM
ASuS z87 sabertooth motherboard.
OCZ 60GB Agility III SSD (operating system, windows 8.1)
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD 180GB (games)
NVidia GTX680 video card (overclocked +375MHz on the core and +75 on the memory)

Please let me know if anyone can help me out, I would imagine some other players have had to have the same exact issue at some point, thank you!

Edited by ll eNeRgY ll, 26 May 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#2 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 26 May 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I can go ~20 straight games with no issues, but every 10-20 games or so, I load in and immediately notice I'm getting ~40fps and it feels incredibly choppy. I usually get 70-100 so this is abnormal for me. I also notice my mouse has SEVERE input lag; if I click mouse button 1 to fire alpha it has about a ~1 second delay. It feels absolutely horrid and it's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!

I included a video here part [1] and [2] to show you guys the difference of FPS on the same map, with the same settings, roughly played 15 min apart on the same day. The input lag is much harder to show, since I would need to show you a webcam on my hand to show when I click mouse fire 1 to see the delay, so I will omit that for now:

It feels almost like I am rendering a huge video in Sony Vegas in the background and what me puzzles me more is that it happens completely randomly. Usually a reboot of my PC fixes this. It's driving me crazy and I 'm ready to un-install MWO and re-install or at most extreme re-install Windows 8, which will be a pain. I already delete the cache and it seems to make things better.

HERE you can see AFTER I re-booted, playing the same EXACT map but with MUCH higher FPS AND NO INPUT LAG, almost 15minutes after:

PC Hardware Specs:
i7 4770k @4.5ghz overclock
NZXT Kraken x60 CPU Cooler
8GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz RAM
ASuS z87 sabertooth motherboard.
OCZ 60GB Agility III SSD (operating system, windows 8.1)
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD 180GB (games)
NVidia GTX680 video card (overclocked +375MHz on the core and +75 on the memory)

Please let me know if anyone can help me out, I would imagine some other players have had to have the same exact issue at some point, thank you!

bump

#3 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

really? no one knows /no help eh?

pathetic. ungodly frustrating to have 100-200fps on MOST maps then get 40-50 randomly.

Guess I'll just have to uninstall this POS

#4 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

It's most likely a memory leak of some sort. On the other hand I do see that you are only using a 69GiB SSD as an OS drive. How full is it? And when was the last time you ran garbage collection?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users