#81 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostPh30nix, on 28 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

you can only get this module by preordering right?

if so this will be the strongest pay to win item in the game and it truely wil be pay to win.

if you can get it with cbills later then.... its just plain OP.

NO! they have announced it will be available for c-bills but will not have a unique visual effect so a c-bills one will look different to the one ya get for pre-ordering when ya look at ya mech in the bay, although i didn't realize any module made a difference to the appearance of mechs apparently this one will

#82 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 28 May 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Just going to lay down some facts here: Target Decay was intended to give you 2.5/3.6s of additional lock on time for when you fire (poorly) at a target that is about to gain concealment and not cover. Target Decay + TAG gave you 4.6s of padding which, combined with a 160m/s velocity, offered a major window for pounding people with LRMs. What the new module will do is force people to LRM smartly, which way too many people don't do. It also forces people to utilize spotters which most people don't do. In essence, this cuts out the re-tard baddies that take way too much ammo and only have a sub-30% hit chance on LRMs. In that case, these people will cry their eyes out. For those that actually know when and when not to fire, nothing changes.

If you're firing at a good/great poptarter, countering with missiles is a bad idea because they're going to shift positions the second that they land. That means, even without the module, if you're firing at an excessive range, the missiles would simply land on the ground doing no damage anyway. If you're firing at a poor poptarter, they're not going to move which means the missiles land on them with or without the module. And, as I wrote above, if you're doing any of this without Target Decay and/or a spotter, you are wrong.

WHOA

WHOA

Get out of here, with your LOGIC and REASON

LRMs do not counter poptarts. Quick aiming and blasting em out of the sky is, however, very effective

Edited by cSand, 03 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#83 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

what are these spotters of which you speak? I don't see them in Pugland... only in Teamland. I accidentally get spots from good Pugs, or get them myself... but generally, most Pugs have an R allergy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users