Direct Communication Medium On The Website.

No replies to this topic

#1 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

I appreciate that the devs use twitter and reddit to get information out there, but it has grated on me since Open Beta that they don't use their own website.

I realize this is mostly because posting something 140 characters long in a CC post is a bit silly, and the AMA needs to have relatively quick and track-able in order to have good question/answer flow.

This leads me to my suggestions:

1:
Why not put a "Shout Box" for Developers and Staff to use as they use twitter for now? (In addition to twitter- I like being able to ask quick little questions on twitter.) This way the people who go to the site can also see the information being shared on Twitter.
From what I understand, the shout box is fairly easy to add in, perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

2: Is there a way to create a reddit-like system on the website for the AMAs? Something like a direct link to the reddit (or similar) styled dialogue between devs and player accounts. I'm taking a shot in the dark with the feasibility of that one, but the goal remains the same. Perhaps as an alternative, having a live reddit feed of the AMA.

(With a new temporary channel each time, so the petty people who have left MWO don't catch the AMA due to r/MWO or r/HPGOutreach subscriptions just to crash/troll it. I know I'm demonstrating my vast knowledge of reddit use here.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users