Rebuild To Stock Button

14 replies to this topic

Poll: Rebuild To Stock Button (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a "load stock" button in Mechlab?

1. Yes, that would be great! (35 votes [94.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.59%

2. nope, I do it all myself (2 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Toolan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany, Lower Saxony

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Please install a "rebuild to Stock"-Button in the Mechlab.

According to many Community Build Contend using Stock limitations and in Hope for a "Stock only 3025/3050"- Dropmode it would be very nice ( and not so much work I think )

such a Button can also be a beta test for saveable Loadouts per Chassis :)

Edit: Poll added

Edited by Toolan, 31 May 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#2 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

I think the best implementation would be for Premium Private Lobbies to include a "Stock" option (in addition to selecting the map, mode, etc.) Once you drop, your selected Mech loads up with it's stock form with modules and efficiencies simply disabled. That's my idea for implementation in it's most basic form.

An additional great perk would be for the stock option to list "Stock: Tech 1", "Stock: All Tech". When Tech 1 is selected, any player who has a selected a Mech whose stock includes: AMS, Streaks, Pulse, ER, Double Heat Sinks, XL, Artemis, NARC, TAG, UAC, LBX, Gauss, ECM, Ferro, or Endo

...would have their name and chassis highlighted in red indicating to them that their Mech is not Tech 1. The Launch button would only appear once everyone has picked a Mech that is Tech 1. Additionally, some way to know what is Tech 1 and Tech 2 would be very useful when browsing your Mechs.

Also, a checkbox for Enable/Disable Modules and Consumables would be cool.

#3 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

IMHO, it should be implementable outside of the private lobby for the match itself since that will give players a way to reconfigure their weapon groups before the match begins. So, they toggle on the "stock mode overlay" button in the Mech Lab, and their mech reverts back to stock mode as long as that toggle is checked. Then, they reconfigure their weapon groups, and then they join up with their team and play in a stock mode only match. The match system can still check before hand to make sure everyone has that toggle on and forbid a launch until then.

Edited by oldradagast, 30 May 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#4 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ah, I see what you mean. So in addition to "Strip Equipment" there's a "Load Stock". That's also a great idea!

#5 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

I think the thing is, as well, is that players want to be able to "earn" when they play, hence a "historical/realism" mode like WoT or War Thunder where it is also possibly to still earn in-game money and xp in those game modes.

It would definitely feel very BT-like and bring something fresh to the game. "Stock" mode, as in the previous games, is essentially the "realism" or "historical" mode of MW for 3025 or 3050, etc.

Right now trying to earn c-bills/xp when simply dropping into a Stock Mech in the current "customization mode" puts those players at a disadvantage, since relatively speaking, the default configurations were designed to be optimal vs. other Stocks. A 97.2 km/h Commando, for instance, is far more balanced in stock mode, than it is trying to use it against 150+ km/h heavily armored/custom Light 'Mechs. Having a simple optional public mode that is just there to launch into can bring in many, many new players to try it out.

I haven't tried WoT's historical mode, but from what I understand your tank is automatically changed back to its default form as soon as you launch into a historical battle, but you can still earn in-game money/xp.

Edited by General Taskeen, 30 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#6 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 30 May 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Ah, I see what you mean. So in addition to "Strip Equipment" there's a "Load Stock". That's also a great idea!

I vote yes !!!!

#7 Toolan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany, Lower Saxony

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 30 May 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

"Load Stock " sounds better than "rebuild to Stock" and thats the Main Idea.

A "Stockmode" Drop Option is my Christmas-wish for 2015 ... together with 3028 CW :)

#8 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Also, it would be cool if in the matchmaker one setting would be "stock mode" and after that is selected, all mechs drop automatically in stock configuration without the need of actually really changing your current setup.

Would make it easier to join events like Stock Mech Mondays, because no need to reconfigure.

#9 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

I think there should simply be a stock 'mode' when you drop which sets you up in stock without having to switch between builds to do it.

#10 Cyphersphere

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Stock should be a game mode in itself.

This would really help preparing for Stock Monday/Wednesday/Saturday matches.

#11 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I've been wishing they had something like this for a long time. I personally wouldn't find a whole lot of use from it but it is something that should be there.

#12 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

All of CW should start as stock. You buy a CW mech (stock configuation) and can only change based on what you gain from cw (salvage or factories or resources won). Then you can change elo brackets to customization brackets based on the amount of changed items (1 changes, 2 changes, 3 changes...). The MM could balance by changes total for team, or have them all as close as possible.

Something like that would be neat.

#13 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 05 June 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

All of CW should start as stock. You buy a CW mech (stock configuation) and can only change based on what you gain from cw (salvage or factories or resources won). Then you can change elo brackets to customization brackets based on the amount of changed items (1 changes, 2 changes, 3 changes...). The MM could balance by changes total for team, or have them all as close as possible.

Something like that would be neat.

That could be cool. Eventually though, everyone will have High Tech and you'd need ELO back in. The other hiccup is Clans start at High Tech so Low Tech would never play them until they reached an appropriate tech level...of if they did, they would simply get ripped apart. UNLESS, they made it lopsided on team sizes.

#14 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 05 June 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

That could be cool. Eventually though, everyone will have High Tech and you'd need ELO back in. The other hiccup is Clans start at High Tech so Low Tech would never play them until they reached an appropriate tech level...of if they did, they would simply get ripped apart. UNLESS, they made it lopsided on team sizes.

Seeing as you can only upgrade with certain restrictions, and it is cw with no mixing, they could put star vs lance back in.

Eventually everyone is going to be in the same ELO bracket, they'd have to change the ceiling or keep gaining new players, cept with it based off tech changes, every new mech you purchase starts at the bottom again.

#15 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I like the idea of being able to save "templates" of each 'Mech I am messing with, so I can quickly revert to Default, or other variants that I built and saved accordingly. Needless to say, the C-Bills should be available to do this, but that would save a lot of frustration in the MechLab.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users