Matchmaking Status And Launch Module

3 replies to this topic

#1 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

So is there any matchmaking constraints occurring?
The Dev VLOG#4 seemed to indicate no (as does my personal experience), however I am still experiencing longer than expected delays getting into a match, not so long it “fails to find match”, but still significantly longer than I expected.

Additionally despite being prompted by the MM to select a medium mech for fastest access (which I did), all my matches have had an overwhelming abundance of medium mechs (like 40-50% of the mechs fielded by both teams).

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

3/3/3/3 is disabled.

Your Elo for the specified weight class is too high.

The MM "suggestion" thing doesn't really work (since it shows the queue proportion, but NOT to your "Elo bucket", thereby being worthless, in addition to the top two points).

#3 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 May 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

The MM "suggestion" thing doesn't really work (since it shows the queue proportion, but NOT to your "Elo bucket", thereby being worthless, in addition to the top two points).

Not entirely worthless. It bamboozles players who don't know it isn't working into choosing a mech that helps balance the weight categories (such as what Agent 0 Fortune did). -_-

On a tangent, I like how it now effectively provides an expectation of team weights; so when it lists Assault at 49%, it's not terribly strange to find 22 Assaults in the match.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View Postdraiocht, on 31 May 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Not entirely worthless. It bamboozles players who don't know it isn't working into choosing a mech that helps balance the weight categories (such as what Agent 0 Fortune did). -_-

I see what you did there.

On a tangent, I like how it now effectively provides an expectation of team weights; so when it lists Assault at 49%, it's not terribly strange to find 22 Assaults in the match.

It does, unfortunately. If that's a positive, then you know exactly the health of the game with respect to mech classes and ROLE WARFARE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users