Community Warfare Attack/defend

No replies to this topic

#1 Tzion

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

Here is an idea for how to do community warfare based on somethings that they have already mentioned.

Since they have already talked about the possiblity of respawns (a limited number), I think it would be interesting to do something like the following:

The map would have to be rather large, with multiple paths and cover to reach the objective. The first phase of the mission would be to take out a limited number of defensive turrets in order to get into the main objective area without problems. Once these are destroyed you would then move on to the next objective which could be something like destroy these couple of buildings. Finally, the final objective would be to capture a certain number of locations. This could either be used as just one battle for the planet or it could be used as an entire planet battle. If used for the whole thing then the map will need to be pretty big in order to provide adequate distance between objectives.

Also, in order to prevent either side from being torn apart one by one after people start dieing I think the spawn points need to be dynamic based on objective. For example, the defending team would spawn initially near the turrets and the attackers would start at the edge of the map. Once they start destroying the turrets the defenders would be spawned a bit further back. Once the turrets are all destroyed the attackers spawn point would be moved up near the turrets. When the buildings start getting destroyed the defenders would be spawned back near the capture points and once all of the buildings are destroyed the attackers would be spawned near the buildings. Finally, once the capture points start getting taken the defenders are spawned back at the edge of their side of the map. This is done so that the fresh attackers aren't torn apart one by one as they cross the entire map to get back to the objective they are on and same thing for the defenders.

As far as the number of spawns go I think we are looking at an interesting problem. For starters, with just one spawn your whole team would quickly be in trouble trying to accomplish any amount of objectives as people are killed. Too many spawns though would cause the realism factor to be lost. I like the idea that I've heard of the attackers having four spawns each. This would give them a fighting chance to achieve their objectives. The defenders on the other hand, need to have a couple more spawns then the attackers in order to give them a chance at successfully protecting their planet. If the attackers have four spawns each then I think the defenders should have six or seven spawns each.

As far as the winning conditions go, I think we need to make the defenders jobs easier and the attackers jobs much harder. Therefore, I am fully in support of making it so that in order for the attackers to win the mission they must accomplish all of the objectives. If they fail to accomplish all of the objectives then they do not win. There would be no victory condition for killing all of the enemy mechs. Also I think that there should be a time limit of roughly 20 to 35 minutes. This way the attackers must constantly be moving forward. Plus it makes sense in that eventually there would be reinforcements arriving for the defenders.

What do you guys think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users