• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

Any way to get the Team colors changed to something other than:

TEAL = MY LANCE
BLUE = EVERYONE ELSE

Not a biggie, but at times it is hard to see who is where.

Heck, even just changing the colors to:

TEAL = ALPHA
BLUE = BRAVO
GREEN = CHARLIE
RED = ENEMY

An orchestraed/consistent color scheme can do wonders for a team, and would really help I think the single players. You hit TAB and can see who is ALPHA/BRAVO/CHARLIE, but beyond seeing your own lance in a seperate color, it would be nice to look around the battle map and see the Lances in separate colors. Even moreso if one took on the role of Commander. Hard to give orders if you are telling ALPHA lance to attack Grid C3 if it's actually BRAVO lance in grid C4, and ALPHA is all the way over in Grid A1.

#2 Ljusdahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

I approve. And I think that players that you dropped with should have a golden outline on their triangles, or some other minor yet noticeable effect.

#3 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Lance colors would be a nice feature. I approve.

#4 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm not sure on this. I know that PGI had changed the colors of the icons for color blind individuals. I just can not remember if they changed them again. This would also have to be factored in to any individual lance icons.

I work in jobs that exclude colorblind individuals, but I have had people work under me that were color blind and know that there are issues from time to time.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 02 June 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#5 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yes I know this would be tricky, I'm just saying it would be soooo nice to have someway to look at the battemap or even while fighting to see all them triangles and be able to say:

There's ALPAH, there's BETA, and over there is CHARLIE. And as I said, I have done the Commander thing, and other than your own lance being a different color, the other two lances are indistinguishable on the Battle Map, so how are you to effectively give orders if you have to exit the map, TAB, look to see who's who, enter back into the Battle Map, activate the information overlay telling you the pilot's name, remeber that Joe, and Bob, and Gary are in CHARLIE lance, but Bill wo is right with them is actually in BRAVO lance, and SUZY is the missing member who is back at your base.

#6 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Wouldn't even be that difficult.
Something like this:
Posted Image
Would be easy and effective.

#7 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostOvion, on 02 June 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Wouldn't even be that difficult.
Something like this:
Posted Image
Would be easy and effective.

I like....a little busy, but still, I like the TOP, and BOTTOM 2 (lance and premade don't really need, but that is only my opinion).

I did find this though, so perhaps a good start for possible color selection for those of us not in the know on color blindlness:

Posted Image
Normal color-wheel (left),"normal" color-wheel for people with red/green deficiency (middle), "normal" color-wheel for people with blue/yellow deficiency (right)

Edited by NeonKnight, 02 June 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#8 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Knowing who's in your lance, and who's in your team are pretty useful tbh.

I've only just started dropping with teams (usually 3 of us), and not knowing which of the 3 members of my lance isn't a member of my team can be annoying if calling for help.

#9 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostOvion, on 02 June 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Knowing who's in your lance, and who's in your team are pretty useful tbh.

I've only just started dropping with teams (usually 3 of us), and not knowing which of the 3 members of my lance isn't a member of my team can be annoying if calling for help.

Are you on TS or simply dropping sans any sort of voice comms?

reason I ask is I never drop solo, always in premades of 2-4, but I do know that the odds of getting the above done are better if we folly K.I.S.S.

Keep
It
Simple
Silly

#10 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

We have voicechat (steam), but it'd be nice to be able to tell at a glance who is and isn't with you.

#11 Jake 451

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSidney BC Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

It would also be nice to see the names and loadouts of your team mates the same way you see the enemy mechs!

#12 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostJake 451, on 02 June 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

It would also be nice to see the names and loadouts of your team mates the same way you see the enemy mechs!

might be nice, but by pressing the Q button (default) you can see their name and their mech at the very least.

P.S. How's the Island....coming up on Tourist season for ya's over there!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users