Idea For In-Game Prompts And Chat

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Idea For In-Game Prompts And Chat (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the prompt suggestion?

1. Yes (6 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Other (Please explain) (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Abstain (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Something that's bugged me has been how the in-game chat and prompts can come in cluttered and if chat is coming in fast it can compete with prompts, where chat will just disappear.

Side Note: For me, prompts are info such as 'player1 has killed player9' or 'player3 has disconnected.'

The other things that bugs me is why should we care about who killed who? As a team game, I want to know how many of my team is left and how many of the enemy is out there.

The Lance box is nice, and I have gotten into the habit of pressing Tab after reading a few prompts trying to decipher how the match is going, but I still hope for a change here.

So with all that typed, what I'd like to see is a separation of chat and prompts, with a tweak to what information is being presented in the hud.

Here is an example of what I mean:
Posted Image

So the breakdown is having one area for Match Prompts, a second for Chat, and a third for Match Rewards. There can still be a time delay for the info to disappear and be able to be revealed again, by hitting one of the chat buttons, but I feel that having their own spaces could work.

Match prompts will simply announce as shown how the respective teams are doing with what mechs are still alive in a match and if anyone has disconnected.

There could be an issue with announcing TKs, but I was hoping that it would only require something like 'Friendly Mech Lost' in red letters when it would happen, the other team could simply see the appropriate Opponent Prompt, but I'm definitely open to better ideas to add here.

Team Prompts - in Blue
Spoiler

Opponent Prompts - in Red
Spoiler

TKs - in Red for both teams
Spoiler

Chat should remain the same, but it would be nice to be able to scroll back in the future.

Match Rewards should remain unchanged with this idea.

And changing the amount of space each section takes on screen should certainly be explored, such as reducing the size of Match Rewards to increase the size of one of the other two areas.

#2 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

I agree... there are times when the combat is fast and furious and I don't have time to try to read the chat, and I would love to be ableto have a chance ot go back over it when there is a lull in fighting...

#3 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

I would honestly rather they do like wow does and send their UI open source so anyone could make add-ons. Then we could customize our UI however we wanted. No matter what they do to the UI someone is going to have a complaint. You certainly cannot please everyone but if you take the stance of "If you don't like what we did then do it yourself" then everyone can get what they want out of their UI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users