Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

View Post1453 R, on 17 June 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

You know, technically speaking…would not Gyrok be Galaxy Commander Gyrok Carns of Delta Galaxy, with a single Khan and saKhan set above the entirety of Clan Wolf and nominally in charge of all existing Clan Wolf Galaxies?

Just saying. The touman thread looks awfully Khan-y to me. And I can say it with impunity – after all, what’s Gyrok gonna do? Beat me up in a fight? :angry:

Technically speaking you are right, but actually Clan player units have had Khans for long time and some still have one.. For instance we have our own Keshik, Khan SaKhan Loremaster and Oathmaster..

#22 Samandriel

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

You know, technically speaking…would not Gyrok be Galaxy Commander Gyrok Carns of Delta Galaxy, with a single Khan and saKhan set above the entirety of Clan Wolf and nominally in charge of all existing Clan Wolf Galaxies?

Just saying. The touman thread looks awfully Khan-y to me. And I can say it with impunity – after all, what’s Gyrok gonna do? Beat me up in a fight? :lol:

I agree completly and it is actualy the one thing I dislike about the majority of MWO clans. If I held any sway over the community I would appeal, in fact I would even bargain away my left testical, for the clans to agree to keep to lore based Khan's and then for each gaming community to be led by a Galaxy Commander. Most of the units claim to be 'lore based' but instead we have about 50 khans running around :angry:

Edited by Samandriel, 17 June 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#23 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

Ahh, but just imagine the Trials for who got to be the one true Khan of Clan Wolf if we had but a single opening for the job!

I’d watch me the hell outta dat. Would not compete in it, though. One galactic drubbing is enough for me, thanks :angry:

#24 Samandriel

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Post1453 R, on 17 June 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Ahh, but just imagine the Trials for who got to be the one true Khan of Clan Wolf if we had but a single opening for the job!

I’d watch me the hell outta dat. Would not compete in it, though. One galactic drubbing is enough for me, thanks :angry:

Now that would be epic!

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

I would agree with that actually :angry:
But it may lead to more drama than we need.

Edited by CyclonerM, 17 June 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#26 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Oh, probably. This is the Internet.

But if it didn't, it would be seriously crazy awesome. Heh, there's a lot of potential there for an Elite of the Elite. Have the one Khan assemble his command Trinary of players Trial'd out from the best of each Galaxy and have a tournament team (funny how a company + three alternates equals a proper Trinary, hm?) representing the very best of Clan Wolf for any future official tournaments.

Also identify the best rockstars in the Clan and ensure they stay sharp, because every single halfway competitive player with a Wolf flag will be gunning for those seats :angry:

#27 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

The Battle Has Been Decided!

Delta Galaxy's Khan met a total random scrub on the field of battle, which turned out to be Alpine rather than Frozen, fighting in a stock Stormcrow-Prime against my Squall Polly Final Stage. Neither pilot had seen the inside of their respective 'Mech's cockpits prior to the bout (though honestly compels me to admit that I played a bit with both the Stormcrow-C and -D on Sunday. I couldn't resist, they were just too sexy!) The battle was fought at 250 meters, a duel of honor on the open field.

In a completely unexpected upset that proved mostly that Clan Streak-SRMs are both awesome and bullshit at the same time, 1453-R avenged his manly tears of remembrance and felled his opponent with barrage after unrelenting barrage of no-talent homing missiles and badly-aimed laser fire! After the Streak's randomized bone targeting claimed a leg, the battle was decided, and honor was restored!

On a more serious note - thanks and kudos to Gyrok for going out on a limb and having some fun. Couldn't have asked for a more memorable start on my Clan 'Mechs. If you ever want a rematch after you, y'know...figure out what you actually like to run on a Stormcrow instead of running the stock Prime off the cuff :ph34r:...just say the word and I'll be there.

#28 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

This is why more than a Clansman dislikes using/allowing Streaks in Trials of Position.. :)

Congratulations for your victory anyway!

Edited by CyclonerM, 18 June 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#29 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Post1453 R, on 17 June 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

The Battle Has Been Decided!

Delta Galaxy's Khan met a total random scrub on the field of battle, which turned out to be Alpine rather than Frozen, fighting in a stock Stormcrow-Prime against my Squall Polly Final Stage. Neither pilot had seen the inside of their respective 'Mech's cockpits prior to the bout (though honestly compels me to admit that I played a bit with both the Stormcrow-C and -D on Sunday. I couldn't resist, they were just too sexy!) The battle was fought at 250 meters, a duel of honor on the open field.

In a completely unexpected upset that proved mostly that Clan Streak-SRMs are both awesome and bullshit at the same time, 1453-R avenged his manly tears of remembrance and felled his opponent with barrage after unrelenting barrage of no-talent homing missiles and badly-aimed laser fire! After the Streak's randomized bone targeting claimed a leg, the battle was decided, and honor was restored!

On a more serious note - thanks and kudos to Gyrok for going out on a limb and having some fun. Couldn't have asked for a more memorable start on my Clan 'Mechs. If you ever want a rematch after you, y'know...figure out what you actually like to run on a Stormcrow instead of running the stock Prime off the cuff :)...just say the word and I'll be there.

LOL...Give me a few days,,,I will come up with....some...thing... :o

#30 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 June 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

This is why more than a Clansman dislikes using/allowing Streaks in Trials of Position.. :D

Being fair, I made mention of my intent to use Streak launchers from the very start ;) Nobody told me I was'na s'posed to, and I wasn't aware of how busted-nasty the Clan Streaks would be. I shall use a different Stormcrow configuration for any rematches! ...most likely my LB/20-X Twisted-C variant. God I love the giant shotgun. Either that or the horn-mounted C-ERPPCs. Both that and the GigaShotgun performed like gangbusters on PTS - any game that nets me 700 damage and 3 kills is a game I like.

#31 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Meh, I did not expect the streaks to be so brutal either, otherwise I would have brought out something a little better thought out than a stock prime with no efficencies unlocked :D

#32 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Just saying. The touman thread looks awfully Khan-y to me. And I can say it with impunity – after all, what’s Gyrok gonna do? Beat me up in a fight? :D

Well, one issue you have is that each separate galaxy still needs the role of the Khan to be filled, and from a management perspective, you could call it whatever you wanted, but the Galaxy Commander's role is a completely different role from that of the Khan. Galaxy Commander is a more involved role that oversees all facets of the Galaxy from a Touman standpoint. Where as the Khan is more logistic and strategically aligned in terms of function.

They are subtle differences, but our organizational structure allows us to be able to delegate functions to the appropriate location to ensure that things needing to be done are performed.

#33 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostSamandriel, on 17 June 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

I agree completly and it is actualy the one thing I dislike about the majority of MWO clans. If I held any sway over the community I would appeal, in fact I would even bargain away my left testical, for the clans to agree to keep to lore based Khan's and then for each gaming community to be led by a Galaxy Commander. Most of the units claim to be 'lore based' but instead we have about 50 khans running around ;)

This is why I created the Black Wolves. If you look at many Clan Wolf units, they claim to have a Khan and/or be the entirety of Clan Wolf. When the only thing any of us have a right to claim. if anything at all, is Galaxy Commander. And even that is unstable ground. I believe there was a movement about two years ago to get all of the Clan Wolf units to work together, and it fell apart because there were 'Khans' that did not want to give up the title they had appointed themselves. And no, being voted to the position by the members of your own unit is not valid. You would need a vote from EVERY MEMBER OF CLAN WOLF. And even then the lore should be left alone. PGI has said so multiple times anyway.

View PostGyrok, on 18 June 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Well, one issue you have is that each separate galaxy still needs the role of the Khan to be filled, and from a management perspective, you could call it whatever you wanted, but the Galaxy Commander's role is a completely different role from that of the Khan. Galaxy Commander is a more involved role that oversees all facets of the Galaxy from a Touman standpoint. Where as the Khan is more logistic and strategically aligned in terms of function.

They are subtle differences, but our organizational structure allows us to be able to delegate functions to the appropriate location to ensure that things needing to be done are performed.

No, they do not need the position of Khan. It is simply a title. You can run your organisation just fine if you call yourself a Galaxy Commander... or even if you referred to yourself as 'freebirth'. We are after all just playing a fantasy, Battletech is not real. In addition, What would you even be able to do as Khan in this game? The invasion zones and timeline are set. And PGI will never, ever let any one player hold that kind of rank. People wanting to call themselves Khan are just looking for a power trip. I have run the Black Wolves for two years now just fine with a title of Galaxy Commander, even when we were 200 members strong. And during this time I actually got mail from 'Khans' telling me I was stepping on their toes and attempting to chide me because they thought I was trying to take over their stance as being "The One True Clan Wolf."

Galaxy Commander is what you are. We are playing a game and there are no logistics. You simply need to be the head of the organisational structure you have in place. There is no need to label yourself as Khan.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 25 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#34 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 25 June 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Galaxy Commander is what you are. We are playing a game and there are no logistics. You simply need to be the head of the organisational structure you have in place. There is no need to label yourself as Khan.

I agree, but it seems it is a long-dating tradition. Indeed, my unit itself apparently has always been Clan Wolf and from what i hear it seems that most of the Clan units in the past claimed a whole Clan.

#35 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Settle down, Alaric. I was poking fun more than anything else. Gyrok can call himself whatever he likes. besides, a man who names himself after a central character from the lore hardly has call to jump someone's else beans over taking liberties with the lore, eh? ;)

#36 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

View Post1453 R, on 25 June 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Settle down, Alaric. I was poking fun more than anything else. Gyrok can call himself whatever he likes. besides, a man who names himself after a central character from the lore hardly has call to jump someone's else beans over taking liberties with the lore, eh? :wub:

You are incorrect, I am not trying to be Alaric Ward, else I would have taken that name. I have used Alaric as an alias since before I read about Alaric in Dark Age. I used Alaric Kerensky as my handle in MW4, although somebody beat me to claiming the handle here on MWO. It also seems that they have never really been active. I was unwilling to assume a different handle, therefore Wolf was added. Now it seems my handle is often assumed to be a reference to Alaric Wolf/Ward, while it is actually a reference to Germanic kings of old, simply because I like the name :P

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 25 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#37 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 June 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

This is why more than a Clansman dislikes using/allowing Streaks in Trials of Position.. :P

I actually prefer Artemis enhanced SRMs. They do not benefit from the added range of SSRMs, although up close they allow you to target any section of the 'Mech you please, assuming you know how to aim dumb-fire SRMs. They are also slightly lighter. Just my opinion on them.

#38 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

So this weekend, run them again?

#39 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Sure. Either that or tomorrow night, around the same time I found you last time. No idea if/when I'll be around on the weekend - there'll be times, but they tend to be unpredictable. May just have to look for your name on the list when I can get on the game.

Also: totez legit have a new Stormcrow! See: Hurricane Corvid. No Streaks this time! And also double basics and Radar Dep, though no master-level third module slot yet. Not that I have a clue what to put into it if/when I get it.

#40 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

I have something I am tweaking and will be fine tuning this evening......should be fun...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users