Clan Starting Points

4 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

What do you think about having starting points for the clans? First you start off at the Kerensky Cluster and Pentagon Worlds. Then you have to progress you way into Inner Sphere worlds by taking Periphery planets to build a Clan Staging Ground. Transportation methods like using Clan JumpShips could be unlocked as checkpoints if you visit or conquer a certain amount of territory.

Starting Points and Progressions:
  • Kerensky Cluster- Starting Point
  • Pentagon Worlds- Starting Point
  • Periphery- Staging Ground
  • Inner Sphere - Battle Ground

Forgive me if I wasn't too clear on what I meant. I hope this explaination is a bit more clear at what I mean. Basically, you must get your equipment from the starting points and fight your way in order to get from Point A to Point B.

Edited by Will9761, 05 June 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#2 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

it doesn't really make sense starting in the core worlds of the clans that the inner sphere don't know about yet. it would mean we either fight others clans. or the inner sphere are actually invading us which is a bit backwards. the games timeline is being reset for community warfare, which is involving the clan invasion of the periphery, i would imagine that they will give the clans at least 4 core worlds in the periphery.

http://mwomercs.com/...62#entry3429062

#3 Embalmed

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn ashes

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

here's how it works... they will release clan mechs, people choose clan factions...
everything works just like it always had, and we go blow each other up in forest colony or whatever map we're all tired of.

#4 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I think i covered this in another thread. Based on what Paul stated and from what i seen of PGI''s CW map their is no kerensky star cluster shown. Paul posted that the clans will start with only a small number of planets. This leads me to believe that the Oberlin Confederation and the outer periphery are the starting points for the clans This is just speculation though

Edited by Grimwill, 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#5 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 05 June 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

it doesn't really make sense starting in the core worlds of the clans that the inner sphere don't know about yet. it would mean we either fight others clans. or the inner sphere are actually invading us which is a bit backwards. the games timeline is being reset for community warfare, which is involving the clan invasion of the periphery, i would imagine that they will give the clans at least 4 core worlds in the periphery.

http://mwomercs.com/...62#entry3429062

We know that the Inner Sphere doesn't know where the Clan Homeworlds are in this timeline, however the main objective for the clans is to carve out their own staging ground to prepare for the Clan Invasion. Starting points would help by getting equipment to prep for the attack on Periphery borders. As for the IS factions, I can see them being restricted to only to their Core Worlds and planets.

Let me explain how restrictions work in this scenario. Let's say that the Lyrans have been fighting the Jade Falcon Clan constantly. However the Lyrans somehow finally push the Jade Falcons out of their territory. Since House Steiner doesn't know where the Falcon forces came from, they cannot go out and visit the Clan Homeworlds, so they are limited only to the their Inner Sphere borders and worlds. As for the Jade Falcons, since they have a staging ground they are allowed to come back into Steiner territory and fight again.

Edited by Will9761, 05 June 2014 - 04:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users