1 reply to this topic

#1 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Allow a player to invite a friend or friends to "ride-along". Basically a variation of the Spectator mode. Just that the Spectator(s) doesn't have to be a dead pilot on the same team as the player and in the same match.

Why? I think this will be an invaluable training tool. Imagine having your mentor right there with you at the start of the match, giving you advice and critique on your loadout and weapon grouping, what to look for at the start match summary screen (which team mates he should follow? which enemy to watch out for? etc.), Where you should head for in that particular map? Who you should target first? Where to look for the ECM light spotting for LRMs? Etc.

The main point here is that the spectator is not a player in the match. He's there solely to advise the player who invited him. He doesn't have to worry about his own mech or helping the rest of the team. Maybe even limit his chat to the trainee player only. What better to pass on a player's experience?

Opinion?

#2 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

I like the idea, it might have some odd effects on ultra high ELO / 12 man teams and such though (having extra group commanders and such calling targets on teamspeak). I would say have it be toggleable in private matches, and disallowed for groups 4 or larger in public matches. This should prevent this potential issue from arising.

(maybe let command console allow it even in groups and toggled off matches, since that is what it is supposed to do)

Good idea though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users