Warhorn Sounds And Option To Turn Them Off

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Warhorn Sounds And Option To Turn Them Off (400 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the option to turn of the warhorns in the sound options?

1. Yes (269 votes [67.25%])

Percentage of vote: 67.25%

2. No (131 votes [32.75%])

Percentage of vote: 32.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

As much as I hate warhorn sounds, as there is NO option to remove them from game. They were made to humiliate recently killed foe. So "NO" is the only answer to this poll. I presume, that topic starter is jealous, cause he can not afford ingame item :huh:.
Sounds of WHs may be reworked thou

Edited by DuoAngel, 26 May 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#62 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

actually from what I was told by smith they was there for the victor who took down a mech, NOT to humiliate the downed warrior.

If anyone buys it to humiliate anyone that makes them jerks.

now if people bought them to celibate their win, that is different and nothing wrong with that.

However the horn is for them & them alone, those who do not wish to hear it shouldn't have to.

I just wish that we could find a way to mod the files that hold the horn on our end so we can just delete it without harming the game by making it unstable..

#63 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

I want a horn that does the BWWAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHHHH!!!!!!! from the inception trailer.

Also, if you don't horn noises don't equip horns. Seriously wtf...why would you put them on if you didn't want them?

#64 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

The warhorns remind me of of the Star Control victory ditties and anything reminding me of SC2 is automatically a good thing.

#65 Applecrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

I'm guessing the answer is still that there isn't any option to turn them off? I find them annoying even when its my own team pumping them out.

Does anyone know which audio slider are they under?

#66 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:42 PM

If you don't like them, don't mount them...

#67 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

those who don't want to hear them are the ones NOT mounting them, how can anyone confuse that?

I don't own them & I don't want to hear them.

in the last few days I have seen some players kill themselves* after being attacked by those that have the horns so they do not have to hear the horn go off.

Nothing to deprive the other player of the kill just the horn from going off. I have talked to many of those they kill themselves for that reason and they told me if they could turn off the horn sound on their end they would not kill themselves.

I for one won't kill myself for that reason but I do keep a list of players that have horns and tend to stay as far away from them as I can, I would rather die at the hands of their other teammates then them.

*I do not promote killing oneself for that reason, going out in a blaze of glory on the other hand......

Edited by VinJade, 14 February 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#68 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

I like the Warhorns but it should be a choice. I like the audio feedback that I have a kill but I am not sure I buy into the humiliation thing. I think it should be for the users to decide

#69 Brom McDougall

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

Oh please yes. This is the reason why pretty much all of the Warhorns go unused for me.

#70 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:24 AM

looking at the poll it seems that there are a heavy call for this option* but I really don't see them doing anything to fix this problem regardless of how many actually want it to happen.

*it is almost a 3 - 1 vote in favor of muting the war horns on the player side.

Edited by VinJade, 17 April 2016 - 12:26 AM.

#71 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

Vote No because winner can have it by right!

#72 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

I'm sure there's another thread about this already ongoing. Anyway...

1. Warhorns serve a tactical psychological purpose. They pressure the enemy in battle, just like screen shake. Removing or reducing them with an ON/OFF toggle would be like removing screen shake or even heat - Removing or even reducing warhorns would be a dumb move that would deprive the game of a tactical feature.
If they do give warhorns an ON/OFF switch, then I want to be able to turn off screen shake, particle effects, heat, friendly footstep sounds.... you see how silly this is.

2. Warhorns are part of Battletech lore. Pilots would equip them precisely to intimidate the enemy. I'm not sure they only activated upon a kill, but that actually adds to their psychological effect and prevents people from spamming them all the time.

The only reason I can think of for people disliking warhorns is salty rage after getting face-pounded by a warhorn user.
Even if you misunderstood and/or disagreed with the Warhorn's gameplay value and implementation, there is no other reason for all the salt.

GET GUD M8 is all I can say really.

#73 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Yes 100%!!!!!!!

Funny I made a thread about this and got flamed for it...

View PostGeneric Internetter, on 01 May 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm sure there's another thread about this already ongoing. Anyway...

1. Warhorns serve a tactical psychological purpose. They pressure the enemy in battle, just like screen shake. Removing or reducing them with an ON/OFF toggle would be like removing screen shake or even heat - Removing or even reducing warhorns would be a dumb move that would deprive the game of a tactical feature.
If they do give warhorns an ON/OFF switch, then I want to be able to turn off screen shake, particle effects, heat, friendly footstep sounds.... you see how silly this is.

2. Warhorns are part of Battletech lore. Pilots would equip them precisely to intimidate the enemy. I'm not sure they only activated upon a kill, but that actually adds to their psychological effect and prevents people from spamming them all the time.

The only reason I can think of for people disliking warhorns is salty rage after getting face-pounded by a warhorn user.
Even if you misunderstood and/or disagreed with the Warhorn's gameplay value and implementation, there is no other reason for all the salt.

GET GUD M8 is all I can say really.

there is ZERO psychological use of them in the game, They have nothing to do with either of those reason but... this is a game not real life.

We can turn off betty, isn't betty really important.

Sorry warhorns are COMPLETELY different than screenshake, heat, etc. they are not some major gameplay feature. they are an epeen I killed something trinket. Has nothing to do with "GIT GUD"

Again, me wanting them off doesn't do anything for you mounting them on your mech. It doesn't do anything for anyone but yourself except maybe some people might say you know when something gets killed. Fine, you leave your sound for them on, let others turn them off.

For me they are just an annoyance. So much fun to hear a silly ice cream truck in the middle of my mech battle.

Its a personal option to add one, it should be a personal option to turn them off.

Edited by Bigbacon, 30 August 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#74 Tapdancing Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

Turn off your audio for an instant fix.

Or you know, chill and relax. It's just a victory tune.

Edited by Tapdancing Kerensky, 05 September 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#75 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

well... just don't eqip warhorns if you don't like them?

#76 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 05 September 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

well... just don't eqip warhorns if you don't like them?

You realize the complaint is having to hear them at all.

#77 G4ost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Because out of all the things that could potentially be done to the game War Horns apperently ranks higher then having a better Queue system, or UI improvements like being able to chat while in queue.

#78 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

View PostG4ost, on 09 June 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Because out of all the things that could potentially be done to the game War Horns apperently ranks higher then having a better Queue system, or UI improvements like being able to chat while in queue.

This thread was made 4 years ago...

#79 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:22 AM

View PostCodestar, on 22 January 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

No all players in the area need to hear it. The point is it draws attention for your team and the opposition that someone has just gone down. It boosts/decreases morale. Confirms my kill. Annoys the OP!

It gives away attacker position too. Snipers with ecm and warhorns! Posted Image

Video audio above is fake. Warhorns fade the further away you are from the killing mech.

Lets have a poll for turning off camo or custom colours too as its the same thing. I don't like other players style!

If the horns are annoying you then they are working well! Solution don't get killed!

I would be wanting a refund if this option was even considered by PGI!

Cheers

Codestar
Let's also have A poll to turn off IS or Clan mechs so we can only face mechs of our prefered factions....

On a serious note I love my warhorns they tell me when i get a kill, which sometimes is very hard for me to find out until the end. I wish i could get a heavy metal warhorn seprate from the mech, and I'm still waiting on https://youtu.be/WCJOEN1DcsU?t=12 A warhorn of urgency for my huntsmen... And considering how warhorns currently work it's a lot less offensive and angering than teabaggin...

View PostCyborgDragon, on 09 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

This thread was made 4 years ago...
Which begs the question who dug this up from the graveyard?

Edited by KursedVixen, 01 February 2019 - 11:28 AM.

#80 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

I want a hockey mask decal and a Friday 13 warhorn please Posted Image

*edit: and a bolt on kitchen knife, thankyou

Edited by BROARL, 01 October 2019 - 06:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users