10 replies to this topic

#1 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Just wondering, is there any sort of any unit organization based on time zones? Figure we could set up some sort of MTOE with different canon units being comprised of players from similar time zones, ie

Europeans could be the 14th Lyran Guards

East Coast US could be 17th Skye Rangers

Central US 8th Donegal Guards

Western US 25th Arcturan Guards ect, ect

Could even get more specific with different units being assigned to different Theaters, with each Theater getting a unit comprised of players from each time zone so that front is well manned throughout the day.

#2 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

But we can't join line units ... only merc companies........

#3 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

East Coast here. I like the idea, so long as I'm a part of whatever the Skye Rangers become.

#4 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Maybe we can't join official Lyran Commonwealth Units, but nonetheless we could declare different theaters for the timezones. We can later on still decide which units will be where. Or rather if only choosable which Merc Units (which will probably have very strong ties in its naming and feel to old Lyran Battlemech Units I somehow forsee :)).
Like the Tammar Theater for East Coast US or whatnot.
Whatever, as we still don't have any knowledge (allthough it seems all the more unlikely that there will be a unified CoC) about any Chain of Command it is... tricky to get to all players, who sometimes don't even know (or do not see the need for, which is fine, its a game after all, right?) that there once was a working CoC.
Iam open for anything, if there is an overall CoC fine, if not - equaly so :D
Our decision probably, as a unified House?

~S~
Daniel

Edited by Steadfast, 18 November 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#5 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Awesome part about having a large German contingent as House Steiner has always attracted is you guys can be on watch in the early mornings in the US when the Commonwealth would be vulnerable because its your prime playing time; Great time for you guys to go on the offensive, when the majority of players are sleeping!

I guess I just figured we'd be picking up the pieces and rebuilding the House from MPBT as it seems like a lot of old faces are popping up.

#6 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

View PostDocBach, on 18 November 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

Awesome part about having a large German contingent as House Steiner has always attracted is you guys can be on watch in the early mornings in the US when the Commonwealth would be vulnerable because its your prime playing time; Great time for you guys to go on the offensive, when the majority of players are sleeping!

I guess I just figured we'd be picking up the pieces and rebuilding the House from MPBT as it seems like a lot of old faces are popping up.

I agree with this, I have already been re-connected with a LOT of the people I used to play with from back in the late 90's that I have not seen or heard from since that time. ( I stopped playing)

#7 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

It would be nice if the different units can be operated continously throughout the time zones (at least the major ones mentioned above, although all of those listed in "Succession Wars" would be even sweeter), but that will require a lot of House Steiner members in the different time zones (I wonder how many Aussies, Kiwis, or players from Asian countries there will be in the end) ... let's unite the planet with Mechwarrior Online ;-) ...

#8 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

I've seen 2 kiwis and 1 aussie post for sure in Stiener so far, im sure there are more around too.

#9 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostReggimus, on 04 February 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I've seen 2 kiwis and 1 aussie post for sure in Stiener so far, im sure there are more around too.

Would that aussie be me? :)
The Skye Rangers are a mixed bag of timezones..we have at least one european, several americans, two australians..

#10 Valcoer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII Silesia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

dont force me into a unit based on where I live. Let me pick the unit based on when I play.

#11 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

This is a good idea in terms of defending and attacking well, but I think would be totally up to individuals because I don't know if there will be house leaders. That said, its possible to poll on forums for a leader or for issues, so there could be un-official leadership and decision making - but no way to enforce this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users