147 replies to this topic

#141 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

Gah, math. Saving to read that later. Silly suggestion but could they add minor damage or heat output like the flamer on top of DFA.

#142 Mengsai

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

I think Jump Jet heat is the worst nerf ever implemented and has dramatically reduced my enjoyment of this game and I'm a Battletech loyalist since Mechwarrior I.

I prefer jump jet mechs and now with the heat concept which is a FAIL in my opinion it goes against everything combat related because in the real world capability has a cost. A plane that flies costs more and that's why it's bought because it can fly and has an advantage.

If you want to prevent poptarts then you just increase the heat of the weapon. Period. Why should you penalize a person from firing a weapon that they can shoot on the ground just as often as in the air. Your damage per second should stay the same and will total the same amount based on your aiming ability by the end of the match.

A light mech that can run fast is purposefully purchased for its speed and just because you can't hit it, does that deserve a speed nerf? No, that negates the purposes of a light mech which is high mobility. The balance is light armor in proportion to its weight. Now if you add heat penalty then what's the purpose of charging more weight for tonnage for jump jets because that would be a waste of tonnage if there's no point in equipping it because it's purpose is to provide air mobility just like speed mobility on the ground. The benefits already have a cost and allocating the amount of resources based on cost is what custom mech building fun is about.

All you have done is make mechs without jump jets more valuable and the benefits from jump jet mechs go to zero. Did you see the skills of a good jump jet pilot without any heat penalties?

Now everyone will just choose a running mech and the game balance is back to boring mode. No one buys a Porsche that goes 0-60 in 6 seconds like any mediocre car.

Why PGI Why!??!?! Heat should be based on weapon specs not the fusion reactor that powers the mech and if so, then a running mech should have heatsink dissipation penalties too because a radiator doesn't cool differently if it's in the air. Heatsinks dissipate total mech heat regardless if it's running or jumping.

i.e. Robotech's moth mode is not hotter than airplane mode or mech mode.

Fix JUMP JET HEAT back to zero, please. Let skill be in the damage per second of a weapon and let the piloting skills and firing abilities be based on the pilot not because it's hindered for jumping. You don't see anyone complaining that a mech got destroyed in 10 seconds because it was standing still. Just like you should ignore people that complain that they got sniped from the air. It's pointless to complain if the pilot has good aim.

Edited by Mengsai, 14 November 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#143 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

Maybe mellow out?

Jump jet heat has been (back) in for about a year and a half. Unless you were on hiatus for that entire time, then your jumping mechs have been generating it, and it was so insignificant that you didn't even notice.

#144 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

Skill is still in the weapons, but some mechs cannot jump, some can, and some can boat PPFLD while they jump.

This has been around for a long time and isnt going anywhere. Most mechs actually dont generate heat when the jump (or very little) you just dont cooldown when using JJ's anymore.

#145 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

Class 2 JJ's still need a boost

#146 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostCathy, on 29 November 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Class 2 JJ's still need a boost

This is very true...

Mediums are the only mech that can actually jump right now.

#147 ghoost dragoon

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

I still want LAMs, elementals(and other infantry), tanks, and dropships all pilotable in MechWarrior.

HMPF!

Too many quioffs!

aiet?

,Caiesper, da ghost dragon(C.4)

#148 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:16 AM

View Postghoost dragoon, on 21 July 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I still want LAMs, elementals(and other infantry), tanks, and dropships all pilotable in MechWarrior.

HMPF!

Too many quioffs!

aiet?

,Caiesper, da ghost dragon(C.4)

WHY should you be able to pilot these? really? this is MECHwarrior... my suggestion is PGI should make special modes where a side gets a buff, particularly during faction play. The Clans should have a higher Drop Deck limit, and I.S. get bonus Cav/ Infantry/ Air Cav units to help them. Make Elementals a Clan only consumable for these missions. Warriors get to an assembly point, drop the Elementals, and make a push on a point. I.S. Calls the Air Cav to a grid square behind where the Clan unit is making the push from while vehicles help hold the line with the Mechs, Clan second line Mechs are at the rear, dealing with the VSTOL units, while the Elementals tear into the defending Mechs and vehicles. The primary Clan formation vs. the I.S. formation clash until one gets the upperhand. If the Clans push through, then they have to deal with random infantry formations popping out from buildings and blasting them with infantry weapons, Rockets, SRMs, or possibly even portable field cannons (AC/10, 20, or Gauss rifle). If the Elementals are still in play, they can boost the Anti-Guerrilla tactics by pointing them out before mechs run into a potential trap.

Edited by Black Lanner, 14 September 2016 - 04:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users