Let's Not Wait A Year Trothkin!

12 replies to this topic

#1 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

I believe most of us clanners can agree on several things. We want the tags, and we want the tags to all the clans. PGI stated that they will eventually add in those tags and a red dagger star for homeworld clanners but this may come at the most a year later.

This is a serious mistake by PGI with their current CW plan to have the other clans come out one year later. They are putting non big four clans at a serious disadvantage of not only losing out on invading planets but to completely deprived them of a players

If you want to play one of the three reserve clans our only choice has of now is to play the big four or to play as the merc version of clans with the red dagger. Neither one of these options will likely give us loyalty points and rewards with the clan we want to fight under. Instead we will be gathering rewards from the clans we don't care about, we don't want to play, we will be capturing planets for clans whose philosophy we don't agree with...do i want to see Clan Wolf make it to Terra? No offense to the wolves...but no.

So if i have 500 loyalty points with JF and 200 with Clan Wolf...why would i even want to stop and restart with a new clan that is emerging one year later such as Steel Viper or Nova Cat, where i would have ZERO loyalty points? Can i at least trade my loyalty points for nova cat or steel viper points????

It's already going to be bad for Steel Viper and Diamond Shark cause these are two weakest of the invading clans. Steel Viper only conquered 7 planets, and DS didn't even capture one. Their invasions were a failure and that is why these two clans have trouble recruiting and gaining any interest. No one wants to the play the losers. So no one is going to play a clan that isn't going to do much near the END OF THE INVASION. I swear if i am the only Diamond Shark player...then i will change my nickname from the Scourge of the clans...to the "one man clan".

The only good thing that came from Diamond Shark's invasion is that they recognized the bravely of freeborn warriors during the battle of Tukkayid and decided to treat them better afterwards...BIG WHOOP right?

Second of all they are depriving players. I've decided that i will no longer be joining any player run galaxies...not till i get FULL INFORMATION of the secret squirrel stuff that PGI isn't telling. If i join a player unit now...i will make friends and buddies. What am i to say when the clan i want comes out? What if the clans that come out ONE YEAR from now have better benefits then the one of the four that im already in? Am i suppose to pull a Lebron James and tell them "sorry bros, you were my friends and everything but i really want to play Clan purple panda or whatever so im taking my talents else where". What if i pull of a Coup and not only leave but take several of my friends with me to the new clan. This is why it's not only bad for lone players but for current player run units as well!! Your members may flee

Third of all to say that PGI is following Lore is a joke. They stated that diamond shark didn't come in till wave 5. Yes true but Diamond Shark failed to invade any planets whatsoever, the only major battle they took part is was the battle of Tukkayid in which they needed to win in order to continue their invasion (they lost). So when diamond shark comes available one or two years from now (2016!!!) does that mean we are only going to be fighting the battle of Tukkayid and thats it?? Or are we going to get to invade other planets??? If it's the latter like i believe it is then you are not following lore PGI!!! So you can not even hide behind the lore excuse!

So the only thing i can think of is to keep making these post. Or petition PGI to release all the clans now including the red dagger rather then waiting a year from now for the 3rd, 4th and 5th wave. At least confirm a date...cause let's face it...PGI isn't going to survive a year! I am a founder and i seen the MASS EXODUS of players since beta, and this game is going to get canceled if PGI continues it's mismanagement, especially with Star Citizen on the horizon.

Edited by Grimwill, 06 June 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Not another MWO doomsday post. Just relax and enjoy the invasion. Once the other 2 Clans are open, I am sure there will be ways to transfer loyalty points.
You are totally wrong on CDS, the other 2 Clans are :Clan Steel Viper and Clan Nova Cat, not Diamond Sharks.
Clan Diamond Shark did not capture any planets from IS because they were never part of the invasion. Officially they never captured any planets, but they did together with CJF under CJF banner. CDS participated during the fourth wave under CJF banner, CJF khan invited CDS khans to fight along side CJF. CDS keshik units accepted the invitation and displayed impressive skills fighting with CJF, earning grudging respect from CJF.

The real CDS invasion is mercantile invasion, they sent their merchant caste to make huge profit selling supplies to the invading clans.

#3 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

obviously your standpoint on jumping clans is different then most. if you want to play a particular unit for lore, ******* do it. there is nothing that says you have to be in one of the invading clans in order to play the game because those are what icons we have. you do not needs PGIs permission to play how you want to play, and likewise they do not need to waste time making icons for units that are not currently involved in the timeline. of course coming from a ghost bear that could seem biased, but if i had chosen to play in one of the homeworld clans i would have the same standpoint, I have been a ghost bear for well over a year and a half now, i do not need a CGB icon in front of my name to do so. I have been a Ghost Bear and proud of it, no matter what the game says.

#4 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 06 June 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

obviously your standpoint on jumping clans is different then most. if you want to play a particular unit for lore, ******* do it. there is nothing that says you have to be in one of the invading clans in order to play the game because those are what icons we have. you do not needs PGIs permission to play how you want to play, and likewise they do not need to waste time making icons for units that are not currently involved in the timeline. of course coming from a ghost bear that could seem biased, but if i had chosen to play in one of the homeworld clans i would have the same standpoint, I have been a ghost bear for well over a year and a half now, i do not need a CGB icon in front of my name to do so. I have been a Ghost Bear and proud of it, no matter what the game says.

QFE. My Mechs have been green and black since beta.

Edited by KelesK, 06 June 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#5 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

Do what CBS is doing -- Contract with an invading Clan and retain your Clan identity ostensibly in service to ALL of the Clans in their push to reclaim Terra.

#6 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Gremlich, you prove to be a wise warrior once again. I didn't know much about CDS which is why I want to play them and write my own destiny rather then follow Michael stackpoles story of the invasion by playing wolf or falcon. I guess since they first fought under the contract of CJF then I wouldn't mind flying with the falcons if a support role is what CDS first did before becoming an invading force

I guess I shouldn't have devs and players decide my fate. Which is why I am going to give myself a CDS bloodname, with all the years I have played BT I earned it. And play as a one man clan if I have to. Now I have to research to find a worthy bloodname.

i still think that they should give us all our tags so that they don't give the clans that entered later a unfair advantage though

#7 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Taigen , CDS won the right to invade in a trial of refusal look up in sarna. This is why CDS is getting tags while other non invading clans are just going to fight under the red dagger icon. And yes the devs confirmed that CDS will be a faction choice. They never conquered a planet cause the war was over by the time they mobilize , the battle of tukkayid ended it.

Their was 7 invading clans, CDS was the 7th and last clan. Coming in on the 5th wave

Edited by Grimwill, 07 June 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#8 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostTaigen, on 06 June 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Once the other 2 Clans are open, I am sure there will be ways to transfer loyalty points.

I doubt it. During their Community Warfare presentation, they mentioned rewards that would be faction specific and that those players who wanted to collect everything would need to change factions and start over.

#9 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Yes Grimwill, all 3 of them CNC,CSV and CDS were reserve invading clans. CSV and CNC were activated and allowed to invade, but CDS was never activated. They were only given the right to contest 1 periphery planet from CGB, which CDS won. Thus, there is no point to have access to CDS right now, when the only battle they will fight against IS is the Tukayyid battle :P .

Gremlich idea is the best way for all other clans including home clans and is also consistent with the lore. Would even be better if combined with PGI's plan with the generic Clan faction. Generic Clan players should be able to gain loyalty points through fighting for the 4 clans as guests. Then do a one time transfer from generic Clan points to the other 3 invading clans later if they wish to do so. (I can hope :P for such solution ).

#10 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm sure people wanting to jump to one of the supporting Clans will be allowed to transfer their points as a one-off. It would be unfair otherwise.

If PGI allow every player a single faction swap then that would allow anyone who plays in a faction at present and doesn't like it to swap while still restricting the people who want to jump around. Especially if the stuff you purchase with your loyalty points is restricted to that faction only (i.e. you can't use the equipment while flying another faction's colours). Via this method you'd be able to fight under one of the big four until such time as your own Clan comes into the fight and afterwards swap your points to you new home (assuming you don't spend them all first).

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostKelesK, on 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm sure people wanting to jump to one of the supporting Clans will be allowed to transfer their points as a one-off. It would be unfair otherwise. If PGI allow every player a single faction swap then that would allow anyone who plays in a faction at present and doesn't like it to swap while still restricting the people who want to jump around. Especially if the stuff you purchase with your loyalty points is restricted to that faction only (i.e. you can't use the equipment while flying another faction's colours). Via this method you'd be able to fight under one of the big four until such time as your own Clan comes into the fight and afterwards swap your points to you new home (assuming you don't spend them all first).

No thanks. I am sorry for the Nova Cats and the others in their situation but if you fight for three months for House Kurita it is not logical to transfer the loyalty points you gained with it to, say, House Davion, quineg?

They will likely let you change faction freely, and this is going to become a serious issue from the economics point of view.

#12 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 June 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

No thanks. I am sorry for the Nova Cats and the others in their situation but if you fight for three months for House Kurita it is not logical to transfer the loyalty points you gained with it to, say, House Davion, quineg?

They will likely let you change faction freely, and this is going to become a serious issue from the economics point of view.

What are you talking about?

#13 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostNova Latios Storm, on 11 June 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

What are you talking about?

Speculation on Community Warfare.