No replies to this topic

#1 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

I have been giving this some thought for a while and I figured I think I have a good idea on how to lay it out. Currently the devs have been making a lot of progress on making the game more accessible to new players and providing good deals for first mech purchases. I am glad to see this as it has been needed for a long time to attract new blood.

This brings us to those of us who have been supporting the game for a long time. Now I am not saying I deserve any of this or that I demand it, but that other companies have introduced this kind of model successfully to encourage loyalty and consumer spending.

-The first idea is tiered discounts on MC prices based on total dollars spent.
-The second idea would be rewards such as camo, paints and decals.
-The third idea would be access rewards such as granting a year pass to the private match custom options without requiring premium.

Tier 0: 0% discount
Tier 1: 5% discount - $100
Tier 2: 7% discount - $200
Tier 3: 10% discount - $500
Tier 4: 20% discount - $1000

Tier 0:
Tier 1: Free Camo, 3 Colors, 1 decal - $100
Tier 2: Free Camo (unlocked for all chassis), 3 Colors, 1 decal - $200
Tier 3: All non-premium paint unlocked - $500
Tier 4: All non-custom paint unlocked - $1000

Another thing that would be a cool to do would be rewards for maintaining premium time for different time periods. The below would be a yearly camo design and its colors, possibly a community competition designed camo scheme. It would be available for sale, but premium members would earn it for free as an extra over the year.
3 months: Free color 1
6 months: Free color 2
9 months: Free color 3
12 months: Free Camo

Again, these are just ideas and would need to be balanced to be amenable to PGI's marketing strategy and business model but loyalty rewards seem to be great for many other businesses and I see no reason PGI could not also see an upturn in both spending and consumer satisfaction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users