#21 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

What if i told you that the second one is the Crusader Wolves' new Beta Galaxy?

The Wolves in Exile, with the exception of the 13th Wolf Guards, apparently have a very similar camo.
Posted Image

#22 Ulysses Jacobi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBelingham, WA

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 June 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

What if i told you that the second one is the Crusader Wolves' new Beta Galaxy?

The Wolves in Exile, with the exception of the 13th Wolf Guards, apparently have a very similar camo.
Posted Image

I would respond that I am a CSO artist, and though I'm a big exiles fan, the canon states that the exiles changed their colors and insignia. Those are the rules I have to live by when doing artwork for the site, and I thought I'd share them with you. :D

I'm wackrabbit, BTW, which doesn't sound as authoritative as 'Spartacus', but there you are.

#23 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostUlysses Jacobi, on 17 June 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

I would respond that I am a CSO artist, and though I'm a big exiles fan, the canon states that the exiles changed their colors and insignia. Those are the rules I have to live by when doing artwork for the site, and I thought I'd share them with you. :angry:

I'm wackrabbit, BTW, which doesn't sound as authoritative as 'Spartacus', but there you are.

Its not that I don't believe you, but I was honestly under the impression that the Direwolves and Arctic Wolves were the pre-refusal Alpha and Beta Galaxies of clan wolf, while the shadow wolves were purely post-refusal crusader wolves. I know that the 13th wolf guards (the wolf spiders) were originally in Alpha Galaxy, but were transferred to beta galaxy after the refusal war so that saKhan Marco Hall could remain in the unit as galaxy commander of beta galaxy, but other than that, I thought beta galaxy used a white colour scheme.

#24 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

crimson-ish red, pc gamer red works.

and polygon grey. Probably came with the mech as secondary color.

why? because it looks good.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 18 June 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 17 June 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Its not that I don't believe you, but I was honestly under the impression that the Direwolves and Arctic Wolves were the pre-refusal Alpha and Beta Galaxies of clan wolf, while the shadow wolves were purely post-refusal crusader wolves. I know that the 13th wolf guards (the wolf spiders) were originally in Alpha Galaxy, but were transferred to beta galaxy after the refusal war so that saKhan Marco Hall could remain in the unit as galaxy commander of beta galaxy, but other than that, I thought beta galaxy used a white colour scheme.

This is more or less what i believed too :)

#26 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

So ulysses, what's the deal then, is the forest green scheme the original pre-refusal alpha galaxy, or the dark reddish brown?

#27 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 21 June 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

So ulysses, what's the deal then, is the forest green scheme the original pre-refusal alpha galaxy, or the dark reddish brown?

I also wondered why the heck a (sane) Wolf warrior would willingly paint his mech in green. The text reads
Spoiler

Important part highlighted. It's pretty obviously crusader (ex-Jade) Wolf color.

Even if not... I mean... green? Seriously? What kind of trueborn would ever paint his mech in green? B) (winks at our green tweetie friends)

Oh and while we're at it. Is the screenshot thread already updated with real Omnimechs (if it still exists)? Currently I'm painting my clan chassis in dark-red, dark-grey, steel colors. Just thought about that Invasion-Primes would be ideal for Wolf Spider camo.

#28 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Clan Wolf-in-Exile Alpha Galaxy retains all rites and customs of the original Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy. I would assume this applies to parade colors as well.

Phelan opened his arms. "I have the Wolf Clan's Alpha Galaxy, with the addition of the Sixteenth BattleCluster" -Phelan Ward at the bidding for the Defence at Morges (Bred for War)

http://www.sarna.net...n_Wolf-in-Exile) shows that WIE Alpha Galaxy is the original, which was commanded by the Founder himself during operation Klondike. Vlad Ward's Wolf Alpha Galaxy "The Wolf Spirits" is a new Galaxy formed post refusal.

#29 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostGasoline, on 01 July 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I also wondered why the heck a (sane) Wolf warrior would willingly paint his mech in green. The text reads
Spoiler

Important part highlighted. It's pretty obviously crusader (ex-Jade) Wolf color.

Even if not... I mean... green? Seriously? What kind of trueborn would ever paint his mech in green? :rolleyes: (winks at our green tweetie friends)

Oh and while we're at it. Is the screenshot thread already updated with real Omnimechs (if it still exists)? Currently I'm painting my clan chassis in dark-red, dark-grey, steel colors. Just thought about that Invasion-Primes would be ideal for Wolf Spider camo.

But... I painted my Timber Wolf in Green... Following the link people provied me...

What is the color I need to use to be at the color of the Clan Wolf then? :)

#30 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

But... I painted my Timber Wolf in Green... Following the link people provied me...

What is the color I need to use to be at the color of the Clan Wolf then? :rolleyes:

Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy , pre-Refusal War should be this, as Vx said Clan Wolf-in-Exile's Alpha Galaxy uses the same color as the original CW's Alpha Galaxy.

Posted Image

Just go basic orange and a dark grey and you are fine :)

Edit: i am not sure about what Ulysses was referring to, i believe only to the Beta Galaxy however.

Edited by CyclonerM, 02 July 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#31 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

The standard Clan Wolf color scheme (pre-split) was Grey and Tan cammo with red markings

#32 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

The standard Clan Wolf color scheme (pre-split) was Grey and Tan cammo with red markings

Sounds like Beta Galaxy :unsure:

#33 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Not only Beta.
This:

View PostAsatur, on 08 June 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

In ancient times of the Battletech Universe all Clan Wolf mechs was simply gray. And in old sourcebooks and fiction books wolf's mechs was gray. Thought up other coloring later (with help of fans I think)

Edited by Asatur, 03 July 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#34 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

What is the color I need to use to be at the color of the Clan Wolf then? :P

Hm... okay. It's not wrong.

Shot history: Refusal War This was why.

Very short: The crusader faction inside Clan Wolf grew stronger after the Battle of Tukayyid, the Crusader Clans wanted to continue the invasion, IlKhan Ulric Kerensky (Khan of Clan Wolf) wanted to stop them. He got lured into a Trial before the Grand Council, faced unexpected accusations and started a Trial of Refusal which hasn't been seen before. He threw his whole Clan against the Clan Jade Falcon. Secretly he ordered Phelan Kell to move the Warden faction of Clan Wolf to the Inner Sphere. Clan Wolf lost the Trial of Refusal and the remnants formed a new clan named Clan Jade Wolf (hence the green camo). Later Vlad Ward renamed the Clan back to just Clan Wolf (but they still kept their crusader attitude). The Warden faction settled down on Arc-Royal and named itself Clan Wolf-in-Exile. Ulric met his goal tho, the crusader faction never grew strong enough again to continue the invasion. Especially with the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar and the alignment shift from crusader to warden of Clan Ghost Bear in 3060.

So green is not wrong, it's just Crusader Wolf color. If you take a look at the timeline you're a good seven years ahead tho. :angry: Above happened in 3057.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users