#101 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

Why do 3 UAC5 Ilyas still pretty much universally destroy 3 ac5 ones?

Because, when they don`t jam, they`re a higher DPS weapon. But that that was never under debate, nor does it have anything to do with my point as far as I can tell. :(

Edited by Zerberus, 09 June 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#102 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostZerberus, on 09 June 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Because, when they don`t jam, they`re a higher DPS weapon. But that that was never under debate, nor does it have anything to do with my point. :(

technically, even with jamming, they are slightly higher dps. over time. ;) Which is one reason my single UAC5 shadowhawk is miles superior in performance to my attempt with a single AC5. (and I jam it like a boss, because I get greedy)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 09 June 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#103 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

technically, even with jamming, they are slightly higher dps. over time. :( Which is one reason my single UAC5 shadowhawk is miles superior in performance to my attempt with a single AC5. (and I jam it like a boss, because I get greedy)

of course, when the Devs ignore the forums, and Paul avoids his twitter account like the plague...... I wonder if I could have subliminal messages sent to him via Candy Crush?

#104 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostHeffay, on 09 June 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Is that so, High Admiral Vassago?

What are you? A poor goldmech clan babby, or something? Oh, wait.

Posted Image

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I always thought he was "Grand PooBah Vassago".
Posted Image

How sad.

I'll explain the joke. High admiral is a title you get in starcitizen if you blew at least 1000 dollars on the game.

#105 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 June 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

What are you? A poor goldmech clan babby, or something? Oh, wait.

Posted Image

I'll explain the joke. High admiral is a title you get in starcitizen if you blew at least 1000 dollars on the game.

Meh. Don't care about jokes or star citizen. Just want to see your atlas wearing that hat

#106 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Meh. Don't care about jokes or star citizen. Just want to see your atlas wearing that hat

One day, maybe we'll have hats and body mods for our mechs. Until then, the best I can do is fanart of my atlas.

Posted Image

#107 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Bloody thing needs to be a single shot. (Because it makes so much sense for the weapon to fire a single shell that is a jumbo shotgun cartridge, and then switch to a stream of shell, all the same size as the first, yet each doing miniscule damage, in a full auto burst). Clans need something FLD beside PPC and Gauss. Make the place holder or eventual switch ammo do slightly less damage for the butthurt balance boys.

But this thing serves no purpose.

Why would anyone ever take a clan UAC if the LBX was able to fire a single slug? The clan UACs would never be used if this was the case. If you were given a choice between something FLD and something DOT that did the same exact damage, what would you choose?

#108 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's the identical tonnage & slot requirements as if they added switchable ammo types, that everyone wanted, except you can't actually switch during a match.

If you don't want them, don't use them.

They're a placeholder until/if they ever get switchable ammo system working.

#109 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I always thought he was "Grand PooBah Vassago".
Posted Image

How sad.

this is what I imagined the warhorns to be when they were announced - sort of disappointed after seeing what they actually are.

#110 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Somebody isn't familiar with the idea of a placeholder.

It's the choice between LBX + placeholder AC now (and switchable LBX/AC later), or LBX only now (and switchable LBX/AC later). There's no downside - so get over it. I'm sure you can find something else to whine about.

#111 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 09 June 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Why would anyone ever take a clan UAC if the LBX was able to fire a single slug? The clan UACs would never be used if this was the case. If you were given a choice between something FLD and something DOT that did the same exact damage, what would you choose?

Just we keep hearing church of skill and such.... chance for IDK... DOUBLE the damage in a seconds time? Y'know, same reason some people take UACs over over ACs still? You able to hold on target, even 75% of an UAC20 burst on target is 30 damage vs 20?

Also, which parf of the Slug needing to be reduced damage/range/accuracy (or mix of the above) are ya overlooking?

View PostXarian, on 09 June 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Somebody isn't familiar with the idea of a placeholder.

It's the choice between LBX + placeholder AC now (and switchable LBX/AC later), or LBX only now (and switchable LBX/AC later). There's no downside - so get over it. I'm sure you can find something else to whine about.

If you actually had remotely made any sort of cogent point, I might consider it. Take the time to figure out the point. Get back to me later. I expect that you'll actually get back with what you consider a witty and snarky remark long before you actually add 1+1 together and figure out what is actually being said.

#112 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Just we keep hearing church of skill and such.... chance for IDK... DOUBLE the damage in a seconds time? Y'know, same reason some people take UACs over over ACs still? You able to hold on target, even 75% of an UAC20 burst on target is 30 damage vs 20?

Also, which parf of the Slug needing to be reduced damage/range/accuracy (or mix of the above) are ya overlooking?

You can't compare IS UACs to Clan UACs in this case. IS UACs fire a single shell with double tap, if you'd like. Clan UACs fire a stream of shells with an option to double tap. The Clan UACs are going to spread damage MUCH more than their IS counterparts. This is why nobody would ever take Clan UACs over Clan LBXs if the LBX had the slug option. The LBX would focus all damage on one spot. The UAC will spread to multiple locations no matter how good your aim is.

I haven't herd much mention of reduced damage/range until now. That might work. BUT, a COF mechanic?! How do you ever intend to hit a light mech with this weapon?

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 09 June 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

You can't compare IS UACs to Clan UACs in this case. IS UACs fire a single shell with double tap, if you'd like. Clan UACs fire a stream of shells with an option to double tap. The Clan UACs are going to spread damage MUCH more than their IS counterparts. This is why nobody would ever take Clan UACs over Clan LBXs if the LBX had the slug option. The LBX would focus all damage on one spot. The UAC will spread to multiple locations no matter how good your aim is.

I haven't herd much mention of reduced damage/range until now. That might work. BUT, a COF mechanic?! How do you ever intend to hit a light mech with this weapon?

that would be the time to switch to cluster rounds, quiaff? :ph34r:

#114 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

that would be the time to switch to cluster rounds, quiaff? :ph34r:

Hah! What if it's over 200m away? I'd like to kill in in less than 20 shots if possible...

#115 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 09 June 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Hah! What if it's over 200m away? I'd like to kill in in less than 20 shots if possible...

now that is just being high maintenance. I don't get that option on my trusty old Lubalin Ballistic Series X on my Jager.

#116 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

now that is just being high maintenance. I don't get that option on my trusty old Lubalin Ballistic Series X on my Jager.

That's Steiner quality for ya...

#117 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Maybe the LB 2-x shoots you know those Pirate Chain Shots. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#118 DoctorVishnevski

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

My guess would be extra crit chance/damage. Since LBX has increased crit chance/damage, the standard clan AC will probably have this feature. It's the only reason I can thing of for taking a standard over an ultra for clans.

#119 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 09 June 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

That's Steiner quality for ya...

Yup, It actually works. Unlike those mouse nests you Kurtians call computer boards and wiring.

#120 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 June 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yup, It actually works. Unlike those mouse nests you Kurtians call computer boards and wiring.

Hey, those "mouse nests" lead them to make contact with aliens, TWICE!

:ph34r:?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users