24 replies to this topic

#21 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

I don't really care about the matchmaking.
Has long as I can fight and destroy the fools in front of me it suit me. :)

#22 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostAppogee, on 09 June 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

The matchmaker also ensures there are the same number of pre-made lances on each team, and will soon enforce three of each of the four Mech weight classes on each team (called "4x3").

The rest of your post was pretty accurate, but the "same number of premades per team bit" isn't in the game yet. I think they're updating the matchmaker on June 17th, and the "one premade per team" rule might make it in on that date, but for now there are no limits to the number of premades per team, and they don't have to be equal.

Edited by DEMAX51, 09 June 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 09 June 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

The rest of your post was pretty accurate, but the "same number of premades per team bit" isn't in the game yet. I think they're updating the matchmaker on June 17th, and the "one premade per team" rule might make it in on that date, but for now there are no limits to the number of premades per team, and they don't have to be equal.

You're right, thanks for the correction.

It was in, it failed, then it was out, and it's still out, but it's coming back in soon we believe :(

#24 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Actual ranks and progression is on the development board. It will be used within player-run merc units whenever they get that all finished for community warfare (maybe also ranks outside of merc units? Can't remember).

#25 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostItsalrightwithme, on 09 June 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

I think Appogee is speaking of players who get pulled up or down the elo ladder through playing mostly with a premade group. This is reality. Try grouping up with a very new player (or a not so good one) such that your group elo is lowered to the elo level of a baby hippo. If you win a lot of matches, and you can win a lot of matches, the new player's elo is dragged up while yours may not be changed a lot. The next time the new player does a solo drop .... well, it may not be pleasant.

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users