149 replies to this topic

#21 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

In an effort to re-rail this topic, I will probably dabble with the Clan mechs (I did buy a package), but I will make the clanners life hell with my DDC, Raven 3L, and Cicada 3M when and however possible.

#22 Merrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 336 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostWolfways, on 10 June 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

There is no topic.
OP asked which clans mechs will be invading the IS? Answer: None.
OP asked which IS mechs will be defending their home? Answer: None.

you're a "letter of the law over Spirit of the law" kinda guy aren't ya. The OP was asking (using some fluffy language to garner interest) what we intend to use once clans are released, both in clan mechs and in our IS tried and trues, he was not asking for the same gripes that have appeared in every damn thread since clans were announced to be reiterated here. We get it, you guys don't like it, you have expressed this in every concievable way to the rest of the community... WE KNOW.

All i'm asking is for 1 damn discussion about clans to not get derailed by this, some of us still have FUN playing this game and want to ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT IT instead of more group therapy showing on the doll where PGI touched you.

#23 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostMerrick, on 10 June 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

can we please just have one thread that stays on topic without it being loaded down with all the opinions of why this will suck, just one discussion about the mechs we intend to use to actually play the game and have fun... Please?

Dude, you are in the WRONG place when asking for that... :P

#24 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 10 June 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

B)
exactly... :P

No. Not exactly.

The thing you want cannot happen because of the simple market forces involved in offering a clan pack.

Day one: EVERYONE wants to play with their new toys. Who cares about the old IS mechs right now? Only those who didnt buy the packs. This, in turn, makes matchmaker into a warm pile of wet spaghetti. A system that is supposed to match mechs based on elo has an entirely new group of mechs to deal with, some of which may well have no elo value, and is then supposed to match them against another group with established elos, but anemic numbers.

If you're lucky, maybe a quarter of players get a game.

Oh, well we'll just let clan fight versus clan. Great, that totally solves everything, right? Well, no, it doesn't, because the original argument that was put forth was that this was not an actual invasion if it wasnt faction vs faction. You have effectively disabled 'faction vs faction' because 3/4ths of the players are ONLY going to fight their same faction.

So in essence, what's the difference? You just created two possibilities: The same thing happens, or people don't get to play.

Yeah, that's totally a better idea than letting people play what they want to play.

#25 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,938 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

Ok... we'll play along...

I have piloted NOTHING but atlases since closed beta (mainly AS7-D and RS with K for mastering... believe it or not i have never touched a DDC ).

i want to start with kit-fox. it will be a good change after 2 years of lumbering death skulls.

#26 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Timberwolf of course, followed closely by the Warhawk. I plan on maxing out my Timberwolves before moving on to other clan mechs. I like the Warhawk for second because its speedy for an assault mech and its just plan intimidating when you come face to face with it cause EVERYBODY knows there's 4 CERPPCs about to blast you in the face. I had planned to put off using the direwolf as i know how much pain it can bring and i already have several builds in mind that i want to try out.

But Timberwolf for sure. Its just so versatile. Good Speed, decent armor, fantastic range of hardpoints.

#27 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Stormcrow.

#28 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostMerrick, on 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

you're a "letter of the law over Spirit of the law" kinda guy aren't ya.

Nah, just very sarcastic :P

But i'll respond to the OP then.
Been waiting for 2 years for clans, still waiting. During the "invasion" i'll either be playing any of my IS mechs (which will be sold when i get clan mechs) or more likely not playing.

Edited by Wolfways, 10 June 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#29 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Timberwolf, Dire Wolf, Storm Crow.

(They could've at least made a clan invasion video..)

#30 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

View PostRyvucz, on 10 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Golden Timber Wolf will be IS first sighting of me. :P

You are just asking for trouble....I like that.
I'll start with the Direwolf and then the Warhawk

#31 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

I am thinking a Nova with 6 MPL, Or 12 ER ML. not sure which yet.

maybe 4 LL if I can cram them in

#32 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

View PostTsig, on 10 June 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

Y'all just need to chill out and play the game without worrying about who's IS or Clan until CW actually comes out. Until then, enjoy playing in the new big, stompy, robots.

Believe me, I want to. It's just that breaks any and all immersion for me, which in this game is at a premium already. Oh, I'll still enjoy the big stompy combat, but it won't be "Mechwarrior" to me yet. Seeing clanners and IS pilots standing buddy-to-buddy is about as disorienting as seeing red and blue lightsabers standing side-by-side in another franchise. It just doesn't make sense if I think too long about it.

#33 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 10 June 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

I am thinking a Nova with 6 MPL, Or 12 ER ML. not sure which yet.

maybe 4 LL if I can cram them in

A nova would indeed be able to run 4ERLL. However, it would likely be better to do 3ERLL with an additional 4 tons leftover, as it has 16 tons of pod space.

This assuming, of course, original values.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 10 June 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#34 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

I imagine the IS will stick to what has been working and see how that stacks up against the new Clan mechs before making alterations.

#35 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,938 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 10 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Golden Timber Wolf will be IS first sighting of me. B)

Then i'm not sure your gonna like your first sighting of the inner sphere.
:P
Gauss, PPC, AC or lurm...????

Edited by Navid A1, 10 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#36 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostVandul, on 10 June 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

In an effort to re-rail this topic, I will probably dabble with the Clan mechs (I did buy a package), but I will make the clanners life hell with my DDC, Raven 3L, and Cicada 3M when and however possible.

We shall see how long your ECM protects you against my 7 LPL Direwolf.

View PostWingbreaker, on 10 June 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

You have effectively disabled 'faction vs faction' because 3/4ths of the players are ONLY going to fight their same faction.

Newsflash: Clans have factions too, and we do not exactly get along. I have no qualms with fighting, for example, the Steel Vipers. At least trueborns can put up an actual fight as opposed to IS surats. B)

For everybody in this thread who is interested in playing around with Clan designs: http://outreachnews.net/mechlab# The Clan 'Mechs are available to toy with :P

Edited by 101011, 10 June 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#37 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

View Post101011, on 10 June 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Newsflash: Clans have factions too, and we do not exactly get along. I have no qualms with fighting, for example, the Steel Vipers. At least trueborns can put up an actual fight as opposed to IS surats. :P

Newsflash: So does the IS, but I don't see anyone complaining that they dont have ONLY Kurita or ONLY FRR or ONLY Davion in pug matches.

Because that's unrealistic.

#38 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'll be taking the Uller out first. Will be playing around with how well the new ballistics and SSRMs work.

#39 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 10 June 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

A nova would indeed be able to run 4ERLL. However, it would likely be better to do 3ERLL with an additional 4 tons leftover, as it has 16 tons of pod space.

This assuming, of course, original values.

That is my fear. Not sure what original values will be available. Not sure I want the heat of the ERLL, Maybe just the LL all in chain fire, almost non-stop firing (if they didn't make the beam times too long and the recharge too slow).

I will try the 4 ER LL though at some point.

#40 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 10 June 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

That is my fear. Not sure what original values will be available. Not sure I want the heat of the ERLL, Maybe just the LL all in chain fire, almost non-stop firing (if they didn't make the beam times too long and the recharge too slow).

I will try the 4 ER LL though at some point.

The Clans have no LL, just ERLL. Heat management is going to be a very valuable skill.

View PostWingbreaker, on 10 June 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Newsflash: So does the IS, but I don't see anyone complaining that they dont have ONLY Kurita or ONLY FRR or ONLY Davion in pug matches.

Because that's unrealistic.

My apologies, I misunderstood your original post.

Edited by 101011, 10 June 2014 - 06:37 AM.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users