They Will Nerf The Dragon Slayer

41 replies to this topic

#1 Vespere Dax

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

I'm just calling it before it happens.

I exclusively play my DS and it's my favorite mech besides the my Cent D and YLW.
Every drop I see 3-4 of them on my team and 3-4 on the other team.

They nerfed it once. We saw more cataphracts 3D and a few less VTR-DS. However to see how many we're in the winning team on the tournament they have come back in fashion more then ever!

I don't know what I will pilot after the Burn VTR-DS to the worst mech this side of the inner-sphere...but hey..I played a Ret paladin in WoW so I'm used to...............

.....TO THE GROUND BABY!!!!.......................

Next huge nerf....TIMBER WOLF!

#2 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

soon we all be running around with mechs wrapped in bubble wrap, shooting "real" nerf guns and ending every game in a 12/12 tie after 15 min of camping. well there will always be that 12/11 victory/defeat when some special snowflake figures out how to off them selves.

#3 Vespere Dax

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

View Postloopala, on 10 June 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

soon we all be running around with mechs wrapped in bubble wrap, shooting "real" nerf guns and ending every game in a 12/12 tie after 15 min of camping. well there will always be that 12/11 victory/defeat when some special snowflake figures out how to off them selves.

No there won't be ties. Some noob Atlas will accidentally walk off a cliff in tourmaline and with the new fall dmg, kill himself.

#4 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostVespere Dax, on 10 June 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

No there won't be ties. Some noob Atlas will accidentally walk off a cliff in tourmaline and with the new fall dmg, kill himself.

ah but then they will nerf the fall dmg and no one will die and we all get a participation award just like real life ;)

#5 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Im just going to go with no... they wont nerf the DS specifcally. You could go the other way and say they will buff the awesome PB! no.. they wont (not soon anyhow)
Who says the TW will be OP? I geuss we will see how the missle boxes play out, and that large CT.

#6 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

If the choice is walking around in bubble wrap or being forced to run ac-ppc meta to have fun in a game I'll take the bubble wrap every time.

The problem isn't with the DragonSlayer, the problem is with the weapons mechanics PGI has saddled the game with. Fix those and no need for nerfing.

#7 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 11 June 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Im just going to go with no... they wont nerf the DS specifcally. You could go the other way and say they will buff the awesome PB! no.. they wont (not soon anyhow)
Who says the TW will be OP? I geuss we will see how the missle boxes play out, and that large CT.

I don't think they'll touch the Dragon Slayer anymore. Instead I bet they transfer the changes to Clan weapons over to Inner Sphere weapons. That will change how this mech and all the others like it are played. Oh, and the JJ changes, combine those with DoT AC's and splash PPC's and the way this mech is played with change.

#8 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

I tried some oldie but goodie mechs

CataSplat with 6 SRM-6 failed
Hunchy with 9 flamers failed
6 PPC stalker not even going to waste the time
etc etc etc

canon is done for. Next will be range nerfing ie AC and UAC next will be Guass then ERPPC

#9 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostRonyn, on 11 June 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

I don't think they'll touch the Dragon Slayer anymore. Instead I bet they transfer the changes to Clan weapons over to Inner Sphere weapons. That will change how this mech and all the others like it are played. Oh, and the JJ changes, combine those with DoT AC's and splash PPC's and the way this mech is played with change.

100% agree.

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Dragon Slayer is not getting nerfed.

However, it's entirely possible that IS AC's and PPCs will get the burst fire and splash treatment eventually.

#11 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

The JJ heat changes and fall damage will penalize the DS pretty good, so no nerfs will happen to the DS specifically.

PPC and AC might get DOT damage though.

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Dragon Slayer is not getting nerfed.

However, it's entirely possible that IS AC's and PPCs will get the burst fire and splash treatment eventually.

You mean addressing the underlying issues?

That doesn't sound like PGI at all.

#13 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Yeah...punishing people for being good aim is a good idea. ;)
Funny how when catering to the lowest common denominators in a game the attempted skill nerfs become prevalent.

View Postshad0w4life, on 11 June 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

The JJ heat changes and fall damage will penalize the DS pretty good, so no nerfs will happen to the DS specifically.

PPC and AC might get DOT damage though.

Lawls at DOT for PPC...lamest thing I have heard in some time, but good for a laugh.

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 11 June 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#14 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Or you will have to learn how to play without exploiting game mechanics. Either/Or.

#15 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hope they nerf the problems with sniping and un-nerf the victors so they are fun to brawl with again.

#16 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Yeah...punishing people for being good aim is a good idea. ;)
Funny how when catering to the lowest common denominators in a game the attempted skill nerfs become prevalent.

You know, you would have a point if it required any skill to aim in MWO.

It doesn't. Your weapons all magically instantly converge on the same location, no matter the distance, from 1000 to 2M in an instant.

This creates inbalance, where 2 PPCs become a single super PPC.

It also doesn't help that Autocannons were never implemented in MWO, until the Clans. We've had Rifles all along.

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostRonyn, on 11 June 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

I can already predict what will happen on the forums:

Posted Image

IS weapons will be so nerfed every affected soul will cry out to all that are mighty and holy to nerf the Clans into the ground.

Or in other words, it will be the typical MWO community response.

#18 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostVespere Dax, on 10 June 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'm just calling it before it happens.

I exclusively play my DS and it's my favorite mech besides the my Cent D and YLW.
Every drop I see 3-4 of them on my team and 3-4 on the other team.

They nerfed it once. We saw more cataphracts 3D and a few less VTR-DS. However to see how many we're in the winning team on the tournament they have come back in fashion more then ever!

I don't know what I will pilot after the Burn VTR-DS to the worst mech this side of the inner-sphere...but hey..I played a Ret paladin in WoW so I'm used to...............

.....TO THE GROUND BABY!!!!.......................

Next huge nerf....TIMBER WOLF!

xD

I wouldn't worry about nerfs to the Dragon Slayer. Nerf to poptarting and the IS PPCs, possible, but the VIctors have already taken a HUGE hit, so I don't think it will get any more nerfs.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

New, from PGI.
A hat with "badass horns."

o.O; Great for putting on your Dragon Slayer to not feel nerfed.

#20 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Yeah...punishing people for being good aim is a good idea. :)

I'm totally cool with pin-point FLD...it's actually easier for players to accidentally get a good shot in...which in turn makes it easier for low-skill players to get kills.

But honestly, using a DOT mechanic actually requires more skill since you have to hold your reticle on the same spot until all your shots have connected or the laser finishes its burn time. It would also allow the gauss rifle to stand out even more as a sniper weapon since it'll be one of the only FLD weapons in the game.

But yeah, I don't care what they do to be honest...I just wanted to point that out. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bhael Fire, 11 June 2014 - 04:48 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users