11 replies to this topic

#1 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

I had a friend yesterday reinstall his computer and with that a fresh download of MWO. We both wanted to see how well it ran on a fresh reinstalled computer so we only played with the video settings then jumped straight in to a game.

Both of us use Joysticks (3D Pro from Logitech)and I haven't had to play with my settings on mine in almost 2yrs+ and him just over a yr. We both completely forgot how messed up the default setup was... just about everything was set wrong.

And then I started to wonder "...Is this why so many ppl hate playing with Joysticks?..."

So I took a few screenshots of my settings and found a pic of the Joystick and labeled it.
Hopefully if anyone has a stick they are not using cause they found the default setup was too messed up this could renew your enthusiasm to give it another try.

Posted Image

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 10 June 2014 - 04:05 PM.
Language

#2 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

very nice config.

how often do you use the center torso to feet & center feet to torso?

#3 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

how often do you use the center torso to feet & center feet to torso?

I rarely use the center torso to feet, but I do how ever use the center feet to torso a lot, and I mean a lot.. LOL

When I use the stick I find I have 2 play styles..

1st) using just the stick for brawling in assaults(300m or less) or for running around in my lights in 3pv.
(yes yes I know flame me if u must, but try it. light mech + 3pv + joystick = pretty awesome.. and great for helping you avoid laser fire as you can see the direction its coming from)

2nd) left hand driving, this is were center feet to torso gets spammed a lot. So with this I pretty much just keep hitting center feet to keep my self moving in the direction I want, or to or realigning myself and use the throttle for moving in and out of cover, all while keeping my right hand on the mouse for pinpoint aiming.

More often then not I find myself playing the 2nd, but both play styles take time to master. Which ever you choose to play, it will take awhile to get used to.

#4 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

just gave your setup a try n played it for a hr n a half or so...
took a little getting used to, but feels ok.. didn't need to change the wep.config. (use the same setup for that lol)
but I have to say... that center feet to torso with left hand diving is pretty cool..
might take me week or so to get it fully down but yeah I think this might just b my new play style for the stick.

Thx for the share!

#5 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

back again

any tips on how to set up a 360 controller ??

#6 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 03 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

back again

any tips on how to set up a 360 controller ??

You may want to wander over to the hardware & accessories section of the forum and ask the folks there.

#7 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

ty
ill take a look

#8 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

hello again Prime
I would not recommend it but if you do want to use it check out xpadder to preconfig your controller

Found a Vid for you.
How to setup your xbox 360 controller with xpadder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQEKm8crPfA

hope that helps

Edit:
added the vid link

Edited by Warblood, 03 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#9 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

Warblood, have u tried using the left/ right hat to switch weapon groups so only the trigger fires the group? This leaves all the thumb buttons free for vision and targeting binds.

#10 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Warblood, have u tried using the left/ right hat to switch weapon groups so only the trigger fires the group? This leaves all the thumb buttons free for vision and targeting binds.

no. I'd rather have my wep grps locked to the buttons I have them set to, and as I have stated above, I use the mouse alot too so all my wep grps on that as well(4button + mouse) so no need to cycle threw wep grps I know were they all are/should be.
I do keep my zoom n adv.zoom on the hat and vision n targeting binds are also set on the stick just on the lower bottom buttons by the throttle as shown in he diagram.

Edited by Warblood, 04 July 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#11 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hey War found this awesome vid check it out...

ive given it a try an I luvin it so far...

#12 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

thx for the vid Prime, ill give this a try tonight when I get home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users