Funny \ Wtf Moments In Mwo

19 replies to this topic

#1 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

-In a recent match I dropped with some pugs, I died mid game and went to spectating other pilots, and watched a novice spider pilot with crit legs dive off a cliff killing himself losing the match for us considering the other team had a banged up assault mech left.

-Another event I witnessed, the last two mechs in a match, an lrm boat go against an ecm atlas with no weapons.

-my brother tells me about a match he was in where he witnessed two mechs JJ and alpha killing eachother mid-air.

-lastly my brother was in a match and got his arms blown off and the last mech standing on the other team was out of ammo, so they rammed eachother, trying to leg eachother,

#2 SuperNobody

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I hope the LRM boat dumb-fired his missiles outside of 180m until the Atlas was dead. An Atlas would make an easy target for that.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

PGI's announcement of the $500 gold clan mechs lol.

I'm kidding...Its a joke :P

Actually, The B33f has some pretty good outlandish builds on YouTube. Had I seen the strobing night vision "Party Back" or Triple Gauss Cats doing a 360 drop shot, in game I would have been laughing like crazy lol.

#4 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Killing a banged up but still completely weaponed battlemaster in the river in river city with of all things a 2ml in the ct max speed zombie 1m locust.

He managed to blow off a side torso yet but I kept zombiein on.

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostFoxtrot01, on 08 July 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Actually, The B33f has some pretty good outlandish builds on YouTube. Had I seen the strobing night vision "Party Back" or Triple Gauss Cats doing a 360 drop shot, in game I would have been laughing like crazy lol.

Now, leave this kind of things to CoD please :P

#6 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

I had one utterly silly moment last night. Had a Warhawk-A get cored from the front; for some reason, it ragdolled 10 meters forward and to the right, spinning 360 degrees around the left.

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 July 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Now, leave this kind of things to CoD please :P

Normally I might agree, but it is funny and definitely WTF lol.

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Playing solo que against known premade players. So I asked them what teamspeak chan and they actually told me.

#9 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Back in the good old days of Closed Beta, my brother and I built a pair of Atlases AS7-Ds with max speed (66 kph with Speed Tweak), and we dropped on Frozen City high side, cave rushed the enemy base to cap it.

When a lone Jenner came to thwart the cap... BOOM! Guess he wasn't expecting that. :P

#10 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

I spectated a damaged, one armed Commando with just a medium laser take down an almost untouched Atlas, last two mechs standing. Took around 5 minutes but was fun as hell to watch.

#11 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

I was in a legged spider trying to cap base on caustic - an enemy highlander jetted overhead landing atop the base... and stuck there. You know, when people get stuck in terrain they "jitter"? Well he sat there jittering for a minute until finally someone killed him, then the dead mech ragdoll launched like 50m up in the air and landed out in the water. Everyone stuck around after the drop chatting about it for a few minutes :P

#12 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

I was in spider 5d (1LL2ml ecm), was scouting around very top right corner of Alpine looking at H line, some enemies noticed me and a lucky ppc alpha took out one of my legs, but since the death ball was moving away from me and was very far away only a single griffin with 3ml in the right hand and lrm came to finish me off. I started shooting his right hand while he tried to kill me, after half a minute of jj turning I managed to get his right hand blown off. The griffin having only an lrm left (no tag or bap) ran away from me :P
I lived that round, managed to score a kill on another cored light that thought I was an easy prey and someone else killed that griffin.

Edited by Airu, 08 July 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#13 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 08 July 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

I spectated a damaged, one armed Commando with just a medium laser take down an almost untouched Atlas, last two mechs standing. Took around 5 minutes but was fun as hell to watch.

That would be hard to watch. I don't think I could have stuck around to see the end.

#14 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Friendly Commando with a stripped CT racing for cover around a building in River City, runs straight around a corner and pretty much impaled himself on the beak of my Raven. I got a TK from the collision damage and couldn't stop picturing the Commando hanging on my Raven's nose.

Had a match a few months ago in which a friendly Highlander landed on top of my Raven and ended up hung there for some reason. I ran around at full speed while this 90 ton assault mech rode around and shot things, constantly protected by my ECM.

Running around in what was left of my Victor and surprised an AC/20 Cat at a building corner. Didn't have much left to kill him with, so I hit the jets and landed on top of him where he couldn't shoot me. Worked great until he started heading back into his group.

#15 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Was in a Banshee solo dropping on Terra Therma, just myself (Quite banged up) and another mech on my team left vs one remaining light mech, I think it was a Raven. Being Skirmish, we split up a bit to track down the last mech as there was a good 8 minutes left to wait out. Anyways, the light mech catches me on my own and starts picking away at what is left of my right side internals and running around me in clockwise circles. The Banshee is not the best at torso twisting and turning, even with 2x unlocked so I had a much harder time trying to hit this light with ballistics and not doing that great of a job.

I drop an Arty about 50 meters out as the light mech passes, hoping to at least change the run path of the light mech to make it easier to shoot as I lost my right side to the light mech. The light mech loops around again, runs right into the blast radius, gets a leg blown off, my other teammate gets there shortly afterward and finishes the mech with me.

#16 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Someone typed: "Steiner scout lance in D7 (whatever the location was)" in team chat.

Looked round the bend into D7 and saw 4 Atlas' sitting there. A Steiner scouting lance indeed.

;)

#17 Blue Hymn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 294 posts
  • LocationIn an Awesome, blasting you from a distance

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Was in an Awesome 8Q with 3ppcs and whatnot at the Straits, doing some suppressive firing on an enemy group at the bridge.
A friendly spider turned to look at me and exclaimed in utter disbelief of seeing an actual Awesome. Even moreso with a PPC-toting Awesome.

I turned to look at him.
He stared back.

"Seriously." Was all he mentioned before running off to do what spiders do best.

#18 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

My only WTF moments are when my team wins. Then I remember I have 10-25 losses between this one and the next win.
No other memorable moments, apart from money-thieving bugs.

#19 BoomDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostHelsbane, on 08 July 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Had a match a few months ago in which a friendly Highlander landed on top of my Raven and ended up hung there for some reason. I ran around at full speed while this 90 ton assault mech rode around and shot things, constantly protected by my ECM.

This one wins, ROFL.

#20 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostBlue Hymn, on 08 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Was in an Awesome 8Q with 3ppcs and whatnot at the Straits, doing some suppressive firing on an enemy group at the bridge.
A friendly spider turned to look at me and exclaimed in utter disbelief of seeing an actual Awesome. Even moreso with a PPC-toting Awesome.

I turned to look at him.
He stared back.

"Seriously." Was all he mentioned before running off to do what spiders do best.

You had me at...Was in an Awesome.

Although on topic, my WTF moment was when I had a 2 CLBX 20 and 2 CLBX 10 on a Dire and shot at a knott of mechs and wiped out the legs from under two light mechs milling about.

Edited by Aphoticus, 08 July 2014 - 01:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users