View PostDozier, on 08 July 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

What software did you use for that?

this:

http://www.autohotke...per-using-vjoy/

#22 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

I like the OP because of slick as prison soap.

#23 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

I use a Razor Nostromo and Logitech G600. It took some time, but the effort was well worth it.

#24 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostKitane, on 08 July 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

UJR is not too bad for that, but if you also want to use a circular aperture thumbstick for turn/throttle, you probably want pad throttle instead. This tries to "square the circle" so to speak.

I never could get used to legs and throttle on one thumbstick, I always got bleed-through (want to turn but change speed as well).
Also the G13 thumbstick is poorly shaped for such a thing. I have recently taken to putting a bit of putty on the end to give it a bit more of a cup.

#25 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

I have a G13, but I would never use it for a MechWarrior game. MechWarrior is always best played with a Joystick.

PGI needed to make MWO Mouse/Speedpad compatible and so they did, but a Battlemech has 4 axii to control and control very well and the Mouse can only handle Twist and Pitch. Turn and Speed are very sloppy with a Mouse and you can tell players struggle with the Mouse Turn thing because they always come straight at you and get cored instantly for this biggest of piloting mistakes. And they do it over and over just like clockwork.

I use a Logitech 3D Pro and I find that with the new Controller Sensitivity Slider in Options and the Joystick's own Profiler I have very sharp control over the Mechs even though the Joystick is only a $30 cheapy. Mouse will always have faster aiming, but Joystick will always out-pilot Mouse.

Speedpads? Best by far is the Nostromo N-52. Everything under your fingers with two thumb buttons and a configurable mouse wheel.

#26 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 08 July 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

I have a G13, but I would never use it for a MechWarrior game. MechWarrior is always best played with a Joystick.

PGI needed to make MWO Mouse/Speedpad compatible and so they did, but a Battlemech has 4 axii to control and control very well and the Mouse can only handle Twist and Pitch. Turn and Speed are very sloppy with a Mouse and you can tell players struggle with the Mouse Turn thing because they always come straight at you and get cored instantly for this biggest of piloting mistakes. And they do it over and over just like clockwork.

I use a Logitech 3D Pro and I find that with the new Controller Sensitivity Slider in Options and the Joystick's own Profiler I have very sharp control over the Mechs even though the Joystick is only a $30 cheapy. Mouse will always have faster aiming, but Joystick will always out-pilot Mouse.

Speedpads? Best by far is the Nostromo N-52. Everything under your fingers with two thumb buttons and a configurable mouse wheel.

You need to quantify your statements.
Scientifically, there is no way that first-order aiming can compete with zero-order aiming - the latency involved with changing direction of twist when using 1st-order aiming is way, way too high.
Only if / when they add zero-order stick aiming will stick aiming be able to compete with mouse.

#27 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I tried using the analog joystick, but had a hard time dealing with the throttle decay -- just can't do it for some reason. I was also playing a game once and start spinning around uncontrollably. That was a downer.

As far as the G502, I found a great way to get used to it. I talked my boss into buying one for work. Yes, I use a G502 in my day to day grind, and it's awesome! Now if I can talk him into buying me a G13...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users