• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

Ya know, one setup I want to put together today is going to be a Brawlhawk. Seen them only extremely rarely but they look horrifying on paper. 2xLB20X, 3xERMLas (or two, I need to look at the physical space in the arm), and a threesome of SRM packs.

Edit: Apparently it is impossible :D

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 June 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#82 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Tried out every mech of the pack
and i absolutely love them all.
either tweaked or stock

i have bought the full Phoenix pack,.. but nothing gives me the instant 'love&like' that every mech of the clan pack gives me.
No stock IS mech has that effect.

#83 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostTuann, on 18 June 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Tried out every mech of the pack
and i absolutely love them all.
either tweaked or stock

i have bought the full Phoenix pack,.. but nothing gives me the instant 'love&like' that every mech of the clan pack gives me.
No stock IS mech has that effect.

I know that feel. My Timberwolf makes it a totally different game :blink:

#84 Antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

I am in love with the Warhawk-P. Ripped out the LRM and nonfunctional TC, replaced them with heat sinks and an AMS...I just rocked Tourmaline with 4 kills and 4 assists.

That is all.

On that note, when can we expect the TCs to actually do anything? Right now they are dead weight.

#85 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostAntagonist, on 18 June 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

On that note, when can we expect the TCs to actually do anything?

After the patch next Tuesday, and by the way the Command Console will have nearly the same functionality.

#86 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

Posted Image
Warhawk is my jam.

#87 Antique

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Kit fox: best. mech. ever. can snipe, can scout, can be a good teammate, is freakishly durable and sooooooooo good. I ran a ppc, 2srm4, 2mg, 1 ams, ecm, 2jj loadout and it is a blast, haven't had this much fun in ages.

Adder: compared to the kit fox it is preaty meh. I can't find a fit for it, just lolz builds with loads of LRMs, I'll give it time, then see if I can make it work.

Summoner: best poptart in clan mechs. insane jumps with JJs. Mixed loadouts (best thing ever for me) and is durable and agile. I like it very much.

Timber wolf: it is the most iconic clan mech for a reason, it is one of the best mechs for boating loadouts and for mixed loadouts. a jack of all trades, master of many :)

Dire wolf: holy **** this mech can have an arsenal of 4 mechs. I mean I've seen them do insane amounts of dmg, they are durable, they are better than the atlas in every way except the ECM option on the DDC. think of them as a better atlas.

Warhawk: Seems like a solid sniper platform, what the AWS was supposed to be in every way, but I seem to be very fragile in this mech and I have no idea why. I just get blown to pieces, maybe the size is too big for the armor it can take.

#88 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Take two pilots, get three perspectives. :) I find I die too easily in the Dire Wolf, whereas my Warhawk is like a runaway train; once it gets moving, good luck stopping it.
Also noticing that in the games I win, I am far less likely nowadays to have armor breaches. That is to say as of late my mechs have not been 50% dead by end of match. My tech must be so happy.  Unless my mech does get shot full of holes, in which case surviving to 20% is not uncommon in any of the Clan mechs. Freaking ludicrous.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 June 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#89 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 June 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Also noticing that in the games I win, I am far less likely nowadays to have armor breaches. That is to say as of late my mechs have not been 50% dead by end of match. My tech must be so happy. Unless my mech does get shot full of holes, in which case surviving to 20% is not uncommon in any of the Clan mechs. Freaking ludicrous.

I remember once i survived in a Hunchback with nothing more than a red CT and a single functioning leg. Clan 'Mechs indeed.. :)

#90 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image

so much fun

this was our clan tower of doom it owned the battle field

#91 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

I have only DIREWOLF and WARHAWK from clan mechs, and must say it was a good choices for me.

Daishi is mi first 100 tonner. I love it, its slow, fat and deadly. I am playing just with prime variants for now, but the others looks also interesting, I like that opportunity of omnipods, you can make a lot of different settups of each variant.

This was my first match after switch, from stock loadout to my custom. Its run pretty well.

2x cUAc10
2x cERLL
6x cMERL
1x LRM 10
Posted Image

Warhawk, Its hot like hell, but also dangerous like that place.
I like PPCs so I just remove LRMs, and changed Targeting comp. from MK5 for MK1 and add so many Double heatsinks, as I can.

Must say, its pure frag stealer :) and perfect support mech. Also tough and agile* ( If you are switching from Dire wolf ). Got few survival achievement yesterday with it, in one match.

Crap,Im gonna die
Seriously, Im´death this time
Yep, dead for sure

I love that new XL engines ;)

Edited by DrSlamastika, 19 June 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#92 Safety Seth KGB

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Kit Fox: This little hellcat is amazing!!! It's Prime configuration is amazing with the ability to engage all sizes of pargets and smack them around before loping off to get someone else if the fight is too rough. The LRM variant is without mercy and great for support. The other it the THREE AMS, that is just overkill and great for team protection

Adder: I have not seen many reviews on this little titan, but do not over look it. Light, fast, and agile it holds a special place in my heart. The variants offer a little bit of everything for a pilot. Show it love ad it will love you right back.

Note: I have all the others except for the Stormcrow, Timberwolf, and Warhawk, but have yet to grow outside my love for the Clan Lights

Edited by Seth Stryfe, 20 June 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#93 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

I am learning to protect my Dire Wolf's CT a little better than during the PTS. As a result, my Dire Wolves are eating much better. Last night, my team got absolutely wrecked on Alpine. My slow ass got there a little late, so I was literally 1 versus many. Long story short, I took 4 mechs with me to Valhalla. If you can protect your CT even a little, you're almost guaranteed to maul some fools.

One thing I see - which I think is a mistake - is people running 4 AC/2s or 4 AC/5s on a DW. I guess they're still hoping they'll perform like IS AC boats, but they won't. You just can't stare at mechs that long and not get cored. Instead, load up multiple gauss rifles, big bore CACs, ERPPCs, and/or CLPLs. All of these weapons lay serious hurt on enemies in a relatively short amount of time. Then you can twist away to spread incoming damage. If you can survive reasonably intact until mid game, then the Dire Wolf is nearly unstoppable. I am really loving this mech.

Actually, I really like all of the Clan mechs.

#94 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

I'm trying to make a viable loadout for the Summoner.

You guy's have idea?

#95 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

i think the mechs are pretty well balanced the only thing that has got me down a bit is the lack of variety in the engines. i knew they were fixed but thought that the 3 variants would have different engines at least, i mean c'mon that's just lazy making em all the same speed.

what i would like to see is say a prime has an XL200 engine then the other variants should have a STD 200 which we have now but the 3rd variant should have an XL the same weight as the STD200 and may be another variant with a standard engine the same weight as the XL200 or vice verse giving a bit of variety to the set up because at the moment people find a set up they like and then run the same set of omnipods on every torso and just take less ammo/heat sinks when using the STD engine torso.

another thing which is only minor really but im sure a lot of people will agree that clan lrms need adjusting or AMS needs improving.

i was trying to protect a dire wolf with a 3X AMS kit fox with and AMS booster module when 3 large volleys of clan lrms appeared in the distance targeted at the dire wolf, i though with me and the dire wolf having 4 AMS between us and a few other team mates near by with AMS most of the lrms will be shot down but NO most of them got through our wall of lead and a couple more volleys followed as we made for cover which left my team mate's dire wolf with his torso critical damage alarm going off that just shouldn't happen man whats the point of AMS if it doesn't do any thing

one last thing i know the folk who believe in the original lore will probably hate me for but the kit fox and adder are just toooooooo sssssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwww to be lights they're more like poorly armored mediums e.g. the storm crow which has the same top speed unless your taking the ams/ecm kit fox there's just no point in taking them to battle to slow to evade and to under armed to stand and fight which leaves sniping and unless your in the anti-missile fox your gona get battered by lrms coz ya to slow to dodge so please how about a bigger XL engine in an adder and kit fox variant coz at the moment when going one on one with an IS light is just suicide even with steaks

#96 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostMAX909, on 20 June 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

one last thing i know the folk who believe in the original lore will probably hate me

These are omnimechs, they are supposed to transform from one config into the other. Essentially all those configs are one single mech, that is what the lore says. That means their core structure like engine is fixed. Now think what would happen if these monsters with customized hardpoints also had engine adjustment, they would just mop the floor with all opposition. Also the size and weight of equipment is based on the existing default loadouts of all the mechs which would otherwise be irreproducible. As for the lights' speed - you said it yourself, they are undersized mediums, and that will make a LOT of sense when they will again implement weight class limitation in matches. Besides, the Clans do have very fast lights, and they are yet to be implemented partially for technical reasons (they have not yet implemented MASC technology which prevents a lot of great mechs from entering the game). We just have to wait for them.

#97 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 20 June 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Besides, the Clans do have very fast lights, and they are yet to be implemented partially for technical reasons (they have not yet implemented MASC technology which prevents a lot of great mechs from entering the game). We just have to wait for them.

Yeah, as an IS pilot (and one who usually pilots mechs 55 tons or heavier) I can't say I'm looking forward to ever trying to get a Dasher/Fire Moth in my crosshairs long enough to hit it. 162 kph top speed without MASC, a blistering 216 kph _WITH_ MASC engaged, and it's a 20 tonner, so it'd be as small a target as a Locust.

#98 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 20 June 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yeah, as an IS pilot (and one who usually pilots mechs 55 tons or heavier) I can't say I'm looking forward to ever trying to get a Dasher/Fire Moth in my crosshairs long enough to hit it. 162 kph top speed without MASC, a blistering 216 kph _WITH_ MASC engaged, and it's a 20 tonner, so it'd be as small a target as a Locust.

Pst, just 216 kph? I say try config G with supercharger. It stacks up with MASC (it acts in the same way but is a separate item like CASE or BAP and must be placed somewhere near the engine) and produces a sprint of approximately 250 kph. Then add an ECM from personal (hero?) config of Galaxy Commander Aletha Kabrinski. SRD-5D? Nah, never heard of it.

#99 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

I gotta say I'm surprised by the number of Clan mechs out there, typically see 3+ in a game on each side. Seems like the company made some real money off this. Which I find amusing because everybody I know insisted that they weren't going to spend a penny on expensive Clan mechs at this stage (for various reasons). Pretty sure some of them were lying. :)

Edited by Julian Langsdorf III, 21 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#100 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostJulian Langsdorf III, on 21 June 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

I gotta say I'm surprised by the number of Clan mechs out there, typically see 3+ in a game on each side. Seems like the company made some real money off this. Which I find amusing because everybody I know insisted that they weren't going to spend a penny on expensive Clan mechs at this stage (for various reasons). Pretty sure some of them were lying. :)

I'm pretty sure you're quite right about some of the "I'll never buy anything from PGI" people lying, or at least "changing their minds" about buying mechs. It was the same with the Phoenix pack. Despite the howling about how it was a foul cashgrab by a lot of forumites the number of Phoenix mechs you saw just after they were released was... significant.

Me, I haven't bought any clanmechs, but that's because I'm an IS guy through and through. The mechs nearest and dearest to my heart are the IS rustbuckets of the 3025 era. That said, a Vulture/Mad Dog _might_ actually manage to entice me into buying at least one clanmech since I always loved the _look_ of the original Vulture design.

Still not gonna make me give up my Thunderbolts, Griffins and Stalkers though. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users