#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please be advised of the following important information regarding Ultimate Game Cards, as can be found on their official website: http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

Retirement Details
After seven years of having fun helping gamers pay online for virtual currency in their favorite games, our Ultimate Game Card (UGC) will be retiring later this year. Ultimate Game Cards are in the process of being pulled from all retail stores and removed from online resellers. Consumers will no longer be able to buy Ultimate Game Cards after August 15th, 2014.
The last day to redeem your activated UGC codes will be September 30, 2014. So please remember to redeem your UGC codes before that date.
Related to the UGC product retirement, UltimatePoints (UPoints) will also be shut down. The last day to redeem your UPoints will be October 31, 2014.
Please note that some games might stop accepting Ultimate Game Cards and UPoints before the retirement dates so be sure to redeem your cards and points sooner rather than later! For a current list of games please refer to UltimateGameCard.com/allgames

As such, any MechWarriors currently in posession of unused Ultimate Game Cards are recommended to use these cards before they are retired, as they will not be able to use these cards on our service beyond that time. We will keep you informed on any changes to this as we proceed. We will also continue to offer a range of purchase options to you beyond this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Well that's not cool.

I was planning on buying some more for the next Christmas MC sale ;)

#3 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 June 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please be advised of the following important information regarding Ultimate Game Cards, as can be found on their official website: http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

[/b]

As such, any MechWarriors currently in posession of unused Ultimate Game Cards are recommended to use these cards before they are retired, as they will not be able to use these cards on our service beyond that time. We will keep you informed on any changes to this as we proceed. We will also continue to offer a range of purchase options to you beyond this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Are you guys going to access another product similar to UGC?

#4 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Good riddance.

#5 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Never used them for MWO but I have used them for other online games back when I didnt have much other options.

So happy to see them gone, as a Australian I would always get so much more screwed over as atleast on other games they seemed to have a set exchange rate so 20AU dollars would work out to be like 16/17 USD.

UGC you shall not be missed.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostFatYak, on 06 June 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

I hope not, they're terrible. For those who won't/can't use a credit card, prepaid credit cards and other options are just as easy to pick up as UGC and excess balance can be spent anywhere credit cards are accepted. (unlike excess UGC points balance)

#7 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 06 June 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

I hope not, they're terrible. For those who won't/can't use a credit card, prepaid credit cards and other options are just as easy to pick up as UGC and excess balance can be spent anywhere credit cards are accepted. (unlike excess UGC points balance)

Prepaid disposable credit cards and paypal is the way to go. Im sure everyone around the world has access to one of them.

#8 Brandorf

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

I liked them for the occasions I was able to get them at discount. Gamestop was selling them last christmas, so I essentially got my clan package like 20% off.

#9 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Wish you guys sold MC through Future Shop/Best Buy. Would be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING.

#10 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostBrandorf, on 06 June 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

I liked them for the occasions I was able to get them at discount. Gamestop was selling them last christmas, so I essentially got my clan package like 20% off.

For those that wanted the clan package this was a great way to get a great deal on it.

On the issue of UGC going out of business, One has to wonder why.

Bad business model or is it because people don't have the money to spend on online games?

Edited by Hexenhammer, 06 June 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#11 McQueen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 187 posts
  • LocationOff grid

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

Probably a poor business model. After all their target customer is someone with a gaming PC but without a credit/debit card. That can't be that big of a population.

#12 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 06 June 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

On the issue of UGC going out of business, One has to wonder why.

Bad business model or is it because people don't have the money to spend on online games?

View PostMcQueen, on 06 June 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Probably a poor business model. After all their target customer is someone with a gaming PC but without a credit/debit card. That can't be that big of a population.

Quick googlin and I found this post on their facebook page https://www.facebook...ltimateGameCard

we've mentioned the reason here: https://site.ultimatepay.com/

"As part of our business focus, we have decided to terminate our own branded virtual currency and focus on enabling and supporting our merchants branded in-game currencies."

and that link basically says they are going to

focus on enabling and supporting our merchants branded in-game currencies.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 06 June 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#13 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

I, personally liked using them because I could use cash to purchase them, and not leave a cc paper trail. And prepaid ccs can be a hassle to. Most require a phone number and other info to refill.

After all the cc hacking prevalent in the US. Since banks here refuse to chip ccs

#14 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 06 June 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I hear LoL is barely hanging on.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

^_^ A good little video exploring the ins and outs of the Free to Play business model. What works and what doesn't in the design philosophy.

#16 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

UGC kicked my dog.

#17 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 06 June 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

UGC kicked my dog.

^_^

#18 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:50 AM

This is a shame, because I can procure Ultimate game cards through Offgamers between 7-10% cheaper than buying MC directly with my credit card.

#19 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostFatYak, on 06 June 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

I think paysafecard is something similar.

#20 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 06 June 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

Prepaid disposable credit cards and paypal is the way to go. Im sure everyone around the world has access to one of them.

problem is, not all prepaid CC´s are ACCEPTED by many services... i am using paypal most exclusively, so no problem for me, but i know a friend has a ppCC (dunno which one) and he can´t pay with it on a wide range of games...

View PostWieland, on 07 June 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

I think paysafecard is something similar.

yep, purchasable at 90% of all 24/7 gas stations in germany... i like those too

Edited by Alex Warden, 07 June 2014 - 03:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users