- - - - -

I Cant Get A Mech

6 replies to this topic

#1 fredward12

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

i can't find out how to get a mech. can anyone help?

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

What exactly is your problem?

Are you running low on C-Bills (Ingame currency)?

Are you unabled to find the correct menu?

Please elaborate :)

#3 Skiddlywibble

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

To view purchasable 'mechs you need to go to your mechlab, click the tab that says "owned", and change it to "purchasable". This will show you 'mechs you don't own, which you can buy by clicking one of the buttons below a 'mechs portrait.

Remember, there are two currencies, c-bills and MC. You should only be concerned with the former right now. You'll eventually need to buy three variants of the same 'mech to complete your exp tree for that type, so bear that in mind when making a purchase; it's also good to assume that a 'mech actually costs a bit more than its listed price (because you'll need to upgrade it to use the most effective builds).

The most important thing to consider when buying your 'mech is its tonnage, hardpoints, and maximum engine size. Tonnage limits the total amount of equiptment your 'mech can have, hardpoints the kinds of weapons it can mount (one weapon per hardpoint), and max engine size limits how big an engine you can fit. The latter is important because engines are so expensive: if you buy an engine, you want to make sure it can fit in all the variants of the 'mech so you don't have to buy another one.

EDIT:
There's an online mechlab site you can use to see how you would build any given 'mech. It lists the total cost in c-bills of whatever you've currently built, so it may be handy to make your bonus beginner c-bills go further.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Edited by Skiddlywibble, 14 June 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#4 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postfredward12, on 14 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Since you still are in Cadet Bonus OP, use the trials, which you can do by checking the owned section of mechlab as said. The 12 trial mechs can be used to try and see what role you actually want and then purchase mechs later. Don't spend money before your first 25 matches however. Also remember that each mech chassis requires 3 variants to master. Hope I helped and good luck with mech choice. :)

#5 StrayDog

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArc-Royal

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I hereby claim this new Mechwarrior as my bondsman!

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

View Postfredward12, on 14 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Okay looking at your profile and such, you started today. With less than an hour from creating your account, it's safe to say you were having trouble selecting a trial mech.

When you first log into the game, click Mechlab.
Then Trials.
Even though it says "buy" on each one, you can just click and use any of them that you want.
Posted Image

------------

Later, once you complete 25 matches, you will have enough to get one (1) of almost any of the battlemechs.

Click Mechlab.
Click "Filter - Owned."
Change it. Posted Image

Now you'll see this. Look for the mechs that have under them. Those you can get for free (well, with the 'points' or 'money' you earned by playing. MWO calls them C-bills).
(Hero mechs are unique in arrangements but require cash. "Champion" or [c] mechs are cash only 'skip the grind and be upgraded' mechs. Most of them are just "pay to get things easier." Those are listed first, so just scroll down a bit.)
Posted Image

Click on any mech to see it.
To see details about it, click "Mech Details" in the blue button near the 3D mech.
Posted Image

Remember to buy a mech based on its hardpoints; everything else you can change. Always check back here for any advice (but you'll have to give more info; like what you enjoyed playing and so on).

Edited by Koniving, 14 June 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

You get paid a "cadet bonus" at the end of the match for each of your first 25 matches. You should save these C-bills, try out lots of different trial mechs, and choose carefully how you spend your cadet bonus.

After collecting the whole cadet bonus you will have enough to buy almost any mech, but be careful to save some leftover to buy upgrades or different weapons. A Double Heat Sink upgrade will cost an additional 1.5 million C-bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users