#21 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostFaolan65, on 27 June 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Not sure what I lost in the reset that made it quit working so great.

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but if you reset the in game settings I would say it is probably your mouse sensitivity causing the issue.

I worked on the script such that I wanted MWO to think that my pit was nothing more than any other keyboard and mouse. That is why you see buttons assigned to act as keyboard keys. Another thing to do in the MWO client is to clear the joystick keybinds in MWO.

Also, make sure you run the TARGET profile before you launch MWO. If you make any changes to the script while MWO is running you will want to restart MWO as well.

#22 Faolan65

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostFoust, on 29 June 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but if you reset the in game settings I would say it is probably your mouse sensitivity causing the issue.

I worked on the script such that I wanted MWO to think that my pit was nothing more than any other keyboard and mouse. That is why you see buttons assigned to act as keyboard keys. Another thing to do in the MWO client is to clear the joystick keybinds in MWO.

Also, make sure you run the TARGET profile before you launch MWO. If you make any changes to the script while MWO is running you will want to restart MWO as well.

I'll try all this when I get home, what may help is if you're able to post some screen shots of your MWO client settings. That would make it easy on my side to make sure I've got everything set up properly to work with the TARGET profile.

#23 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

I recently started playing around with FreePIE, to get mouse emulation working in Star Citizen because TARGET no longer worked there and I wanted to do some experimentation with my stick. After getting it working there, I decided to test in in MWO and low and behold it works, and it works well.

It piggybacks off vJoy, for which I used evilC's UJR since it's a nice gui to operate it with and I already had it installed. Once the axes were recognized in UJR/vJoy, you run the FreePIE script and it's working.

http://andersmalmgre...hub.io/FreePIE/ <--FreePIE download link
http://evilc.com/joo...ystick-remapper <-evilC's UJR page

mouse.deltaX = filters.delta(joystick[0].x) / 1.4
mouse.deltaY = -filters.delta(joystick[0].y) / 2.8

All that is needed are the above 2 lines of code. The numeric values at the end are gain. Lower numbers is higher gain. Anyone trying this will likely need to play with those numbers to get the gain where you do not overrun the boundaries of mech movement and cause the reticule to lose center. I've spent very little time trying to dial this in, but it's relevant so thought I'd share.

I did test it to see if it conflicts with TrackIR, which sadly it does in the same way TARGET mouse emulation does, rendering it unusable.

Not sure if I should post this here or not, but of course another way that zero-order can be achieved with a stick is to use a mouse sensor on a joystick gimbals, which is what I *almost did in 2012 when I made my mechstick. http://imgur.com/a/jTw6H

Glad I didn't, because it would have been too easy to explain to people what was happening and I never would have learned about control-order and such, and would likely still be using misnomers to describe this stuff...

#24 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Your fab work never fails to impress Loc Nar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users