1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

http://swpocketmodels.com/

hold your distain for the end please :)

So I saw these back in the stores a few years ago and picked a few up for my kid, he loved them, I thought they were kinda fun (although the game rules were a bit meh).

I have them in my cube at work (yes I work in IT) but was thinking since WizKids is pretty much dead, I wonder if a deal could be made for them to churn some of these out for the MWO promo stuff.

Increase the size a bit and if they ever do a retail box promo, throw a few in with some modified TT rules (for younger kids or faster gameplay).

But you're probably asking yourself ' why not just include real miniatures like back in the day?'

1. cost - these suckers are cheap to crank out
2. customization - if we get decent customization options in game, it takes like 10 sec to convert the game mech to a image, print to card and laser cut (that's right, your own in game mech sitting on the top of your monitor for all your friends to nerd out about).

With every online game that comes out, it seems like merchandising is left in the void or to 3rd party companies (which normally do some crap like 'let's put your logo on our product and charge 2x as much).

And yes, my AT-AT walkers need Timber Wolfs to fight against.

;p

#2 Blackangel

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationlima ohio terra

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

the mwda aod clix bases are still available here and there at cons and some stores, i have some to sell or trade even.
just pm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users