• NVA-B
  • NVA-S

#2 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

While the servers were down, I pored through all the Clan 'Mech specifications, and found this:

NVA-A
- Only the Right Arm OmniPod is available for purchase and use.
- OmniPod Hardpoints:
-- Right Torso: 1 AMS
- OmniPods Quirks:
-- Right Torso: +5% Torso Turn Rate (Yaw)

So is it right arm or right torso?

#3 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

It's the RT, good catch

#4 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

I hope you add omnipods with quirks that increase mech movement speed.

#5 Red5taR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 129 posts
  • LocationBY

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

MECH - FREE TONS
KIT FOX (30) - 16 = 1.875
ADDER (35) - 16 = 2.185
NOVA (50) - 16 WTF = 3.125 (2.969 with JJ correction) 2.228 must be (avg adder/stormcrow) -> 22 free tons (can be lower by 1 for balance)
STORMCROW (55) - 23 = 2.391
SUMMONER (70) - 22,5 = 3.111 (2.889 with JJ correction) 2.503 must be (avg stormcrow/warhawk) -> 28 free tons (can be lower by 2-3 for balance)
TIMBERWOLF (75) - 27,5 = 2.727
WARHAWK (85)- 32,5 = 2.615
DIRE WOLF (100) - 50,5 = 1.980

5 x JUMP JETS - CLASS IV = 2.5 (NOVA CLASS)
5 x JUMP JETS - CLASS III = 5 (SUMMONER/TIMBER WOLF CLASS)

Nova Mech's hit boxes:
up to 48 armor leg - but so fragile
up to 48 armor r/l torso - but so vulnerable

Spoiler

Edited by Red5taR, 19 June 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#6 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostRed5taR, on 18 June 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

MECH - FREE TONS
KIT FOX (30) - 16
ADDER (35) - 16
NOVA (50) - 16 WTF
STORMCROW (55) - 23
SUMMONER (70) - 22,5
TIMBERWOLF (75) - 27,5
WARHAWK (85)- 32,5
DIRE WOLF (100) - 50,5

P.S. Will be added later.

Yeah, standard armor and standard structure. I'm really left scratching my head at that one. :blink:

#7 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

not much to scratch your head at, this mech is possibly the most powerful mech in the, nothing can stand up to 90kph 12 ersl and 4 mg.... tbh this mech needs some sort of a relook, or ersl dmg needs to be reduced slightly. currently i will enjoy one shot kills in the back of basically anything.

#8 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 18 June 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

not much to scratch your head at, this mech is possibly the most powerful mech in the, nothing can stand up to 90kph 12 ersl and 4 mg.... tbh this mech needs some sort of a relook, or ersl dmg needs to be reduced slightly. currently i will enjoy one shot kills in the back of basically anything.

Well, firing all 12 would shut down and damage your mech, and if an omnipod with 6 energy hardpoints is overpowered, that's a problem with the pod or the weapons in the pod, not the chassis. We've got four arm omnipods that don't have those hardpoints.

#9 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostFelio, on 18 June 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

and if an omnipod with 6 energy hardpoints is overpowered, that's a problem with the pod or the weapons in the pod, not the chassis.

i would like to disagree here. you have to see it like that.

this a frontview of the nova from CBT.
Posted Image

see how the legs are mounted at the shoulders. and the arms are also not very flexible when trying to move them sideways.

so in CBT you pretty much have to get your target dead center in front of you to hit it when piloting a nova.
and that was quite tricky to do. admitted, if you do manage to do that you pretty much shred you enemy to pieces.

and that is what PGI messed. by letting it keep it's firepower and ADDING the flexibility it's NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE, they made the nova Overpowered. not giving it endosteel and ferrofibrous ist no solution.

and overhauling the mech so it behaves like it should is to much work.

so for the sake of balance some energy hardpoints must go.

Edited by Wolfsspinne, 18 June 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#10 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostFelio, on 18 June 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well, firing all 12 would shut down and damage your mech, and if an omnipod with 6 energy hardpoints is overpowered, that's a problem with the pod or the weapons in the pod, not the chassis. We've got four arm omnipods that don't have those hardpoints.

no firing all 12 ersl does not shut u down

#11 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostWolfsspinne, on 18 June 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

i would like to disagree here. you have to see it like that.

this a frontview of the nova from CBT.
Posted Image

see how the legs are mounted at the shoulders. and the arms are also not very flexible when trying to move them sideways.

so in CBT you pretty much have to get your target dead center in front of you to hit it when piloting a nova.
and that was quite tricky to do. admitted, if you do manage to do that you pretty much shred you enemy to pieces.

and that is what PGI messed. by letting it keep it's firepower and ADDING the flexibility it's NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE, they made the nova Overpowered. not giving it endosteel and ferrofibrous ist no solution.

and overhauling the mech so it behaves like it should is to much work.

so for the sake of balance some energy hardpoints must go.

this ^

#12 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

the arms are HUGE and easy to rip off. you rip off an arm on the prime and the ability ti fight it halved. So far in my prime I've died more times because I've lost both arms before being killed any other way. I mean they shield you from the side so they take brunt of most attacks IMO.

ghost heat is also killer if you can't control your firing well. I accidentally alpha'd with 6 SL and 6 SPL and was shut down for what felt like an eternity..

I am loving it so far but haven't even touched the other two variants yet. on paper with all those weapons it seems like it would be an absolute killer but it isn't.

it really feels more like a support mech than some kind of front line brawler. you have to to have friends or like above, those fat arms just because any quasi-smart player's first thing to rip off you.

All those meta, dakka dakka IS builds just pop arms off them.

thing I like with the prime is there are so many different load outs you can use with all those hard points. Makes deciding what to use difficult at times.

Edited by Bigbacon, 18 June 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#13 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

i am confused on one thing, what changes when you remove the actuators on the arms?

#14 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

The Nova is, by far, my favorite of the Clan mechs (Dire Wolf package only). It packs a huge punch with amazing hardpoints and immense mobility. In fact, it's rapidly becoming one of my favorite mechs, especially the S variant, which I actually run stock. Shocking, I know! Haven't played with the B variant, but the Prime and S are absolutely amazing. They likely need some tweaking for balance reasons, as it may well be too good.

#15 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 18 June 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

no firing all 12 ersl does not shut u down

But this is an issue with the missed ghost heat added to the small lasers.

Nova feels greta to use atm, but I experience some Hiitreg issues, The PTS Volleys I gave seem to hit a lot harder than the Live server ones.

Edited by Lily from animove, 19 June 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#16 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

Biggest problem I see is that it has a lot of weapons that cant be used effectivly or you shut down. I also found that my torso is so wide I get stuck at times when trying to twist away from the line of fire.

#17 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 19 June 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

But this is an issue with the missed ghost heat added to the small lasers.

Nova feels greta to use atm, but I experience some Hiitreg issues, The PTS Volleys I gave seem to hit a lot harder than the Live server ones.

I do not think it is? Ghost heat is linked at 6 for both small and small pulse and medium etc combined...If you have 11 smalls and 1 medium laser and alpha you risk killing yourself.

You can alpha 12 small lasers, take full ghost heat penalty, and still be walking. They are very cool running weapons.

Edited by Wispsy, 19 June 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#18 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

This mech is awesome. A little limited by pod space, yeah, but like the Summoner there are several tons held up in fixed heat sinks. So long as your build takes advantage of the existing sinks it's not too big of a detriment. Can still pack plenty of firepower on a Nova.

Also, the dual standard construction is 100% necessary for running the 12 laser/4MG builds, because you would run out of crit space or have to remove actuators otherwise.

#19 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostWispsy, on 19 June 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

I do not think it is? Ghost heat is linked at 6 for both small and small pulse and medium etc combined...If you have 11 smalls and 1 medium laser and alpha you risk killing yourself.

You can alpha 12 small lasers, take full ghost heat penalty, and still be walking. They are very cool running weapons.

you may not over heat but you'll be close enough that you are'nt doing too much for a bit and if you accidentally do it at any point that would shut you down, you get down for an eternity and take a lot of internal damage.

To me, the 12 lasers of any sort takes a lot of dedication to NOT over heat yourself. Even in some chain fire modes I've found myself taking ghost heat penalties and/or heat building faster than expected. You really have to keep an eye on it at all times.

If you over heat, your arms are a sitting duck for being ripped off.

Edited by Bigbacon, 19 June 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#20 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 19 June 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

you may not over heat but you'll be close enough that you are'nt doing too much for a bit and if you accidentally do it at any point that would shut you down, you get down for an eternity and take a lot of internal damage.

To me, the 12 lasers of any sort takes a lot of dedication to NOT over heat yourself. Even in some chain fire modes I've found myself taking ghost heat penalties and/or heat building faster than expected. You really have to keep an eye on it at all times.

If you over heat, your arms are a sitting duck for being ripped off.

Huh?

You can alpha then continuously fire one of the arms (6 lasers) without overheating. Also keep in mind you only need a 0.5 second gap from the moment you hit fire, not the moment the lasers end. Firing whilst avoiding the overheat penalty is one of the easiest things in the world to do..put one arm on one mouse button and the other arm on the other...hit one mouse button then hit the other before beam duration ends, then hold down both, job done. I mean each arm hits like a Jenner F with loads less heat, is it REALLY that hard to fire one Jenner-like arm and then wait a whole half a second before wrecking them with your other??????

some ppls...

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users