Novels

4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

[redacted]

Can someone please tell me if the novels in the above link are in any kind of order, or should be read in a certain order?

Edited by Egomane, 18 June 2014 - 10:26 AM.
Removed link

#2 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

From that site they shouldn't be read at all. Those books are still under copyright and therefore not legaly available for free.

If you want to support the franchise please find a way to buy those books. For example from http://bg.battletech.com/ or https://www.battleco.../BC2/index.html

#3 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Ah sorry, i didn't know. Someone sent me the link long ago :blink:

#4 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

No worries! But I don't want to leave you without further information, so I'll give you an informative post thta might help you decide about the order to read when you get them

View PostSkylarr, on 08 June 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Many have there own series that they prefer. I Like the Grey Death Saga Series, but, I feel the following books will give you a good feel of the BattleTech Universe.

This is a good start. Gives you a feel for how things were at the start of the 4th Succession War:
I would start with the Warrior Trilogy by Michael A. Stackpole, is about the events before and during the Fourth Succession War( 3028 to 3030). The main acts are the wedding of Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner, the experiences of Justin Xiang on Solaris VII and on Sian, the vendetta between Morgan Kell and Yorinaga Kurita, the machinations of Michael Hasek-Davion and of subversive elements inside the Steiner nobility, ComStar's secret manipulations and of course the most important battles of the war.

I really like this book. It helps you understand allot about the Draconis Combine:
Heir to the Dragon, by Robert N. Charrette, follows Theodore Kurita for twenty-two years as he learns to survive and thrive in the subtle and deadly courts of the Draconis Combine. The novel is also the only narrative of the War of 3039.

As I said before this is my favorite series, It follows the unit from it start in 3024 all ther way to its demise during the FedCom Civil War:
The Saga of the Gray Death Legion is a series of books about the famed Gray Death Legion mercenary unit. Most of the novels are by William H. Keith, Jr., with additional writing by Andrew Keith and Thomas S. Gressman. (This is the Mercenary unit that found the Helm Memory core that brought back Star League Tech right as the Clans hit.)

1. Decision at Thunder Rift by William H. Keith, Jr. (June 1986) 3024
2. Mercenary's Star by William H. Keith, Jr. (June 1987)
3. The Price of Glory by William H. Keith, Jr. (October 1987) 3028 (Helm Memory Core was found in this book)
(William H. Keith's short story Legion Team, from the Shrapnel antology, also depicts the Gray Death Legion in action during the classic Late Succession Wars timeframe, sometime after the events of Mercenary's Star.)
4. Blood of Heroes by Andrew Keith (July 1993) 3056 -From this book on the novels cover the unit after Clan Invasion-
5. Tactics of Duty by William H. Keith, Jr. (August 1995)
6. Operation Excalibur by William H. Keith, Jr. (August 1998)
7. The Dying Time by Thomas S. Gressman (January 2002)

I feel this is a very good series of books that help explain allot about the Clans:
The Legend of the Jade Phoenix trilogy, by Robert Thurston, is the story of the fall and redemption of Aidan Pryde, hero of Clan Jade Falcon.

I feel this is a Must Read series:
Blood of Kerensky is a trilogy by Michael A. Stackpole about the Clan Invasion (3049 - 3052)
There are many other fine novels you can read. Here is a complete list of BattleTech Novels.

v This is a list that I made over a year ago and I post when someone asks for a recommendation.

#5 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostEgomane, on 18 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

No worries! But I don't want to leave you without further information, so I'll give you an informative post thta might help you decide about the order to read when you get them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users