391 replies to this topic

#361 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the free day of premium that ticked outside of banked time. I managed to get the basics done on my Battlemasters and max out Elites on the one with the bonus and I got my DDC to Master as well as farming 7m to buy those AMS modules. Played 11 hours though. :)

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 21 June 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Some people have lots of banked premium time and don't want to add more too it. They would be unable to redeem their free day without activating months-worth which they don't want to do at this time. At least this time around, they gave us a few days to claim it, and a specific date when it would actually start and a fews days notice that way.

I agree with this. I currently have 98 days of banked premium time which I do not want to activate because I am stupidly busy at work right now and I'd waste 80% of it.

Edited by Elizander, 21 June 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#362 Talrich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for the mech bay, but sadly the "auto activated premium time" is a bit of a tease. Please, in the future, make it a banked day so it doesn't seem like you're giving with one hand and taking with the other.

Still, again, the effort is appreciated.

Best,

#363 Commander Lonewolf

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

i was wondering if this page is where to submit my specific problem with the update as when i open the launcher after a couple of minutes it closes and i am unable to play or update the game i'm quite annoyed as i was looking forward to the clan mechs thanks for any feedback plz PM me with any as i dont have time to surf the forums usually.

#364 Boomar

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Cheers for the 1 day of premium time and mech bay!

Gave me and a few mates a chance to test out our new 'mechs in a few private matches without the need to activate our banked up premium time!

We love them so much we'll probably activate it later on today anyway hehe.

~Boom

#365 ColdBlueOne

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Nice! Thank you!

#366 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

I appreciate it PGI thanks, but I'm left once again wondering why for just having a few minutes for a quick couple of games that you automatically start the meter running for what was only 20 minutes of game play before I logged off. I log on again and hey I have 10 minutes left on the clock...So all you gave me was 30 min. It really insults common sense to keep that meter running when members are not in game. Just imagine how much P-Time sales would increase if you could only get a clue. Thank the Mech Gods that the Mech Bay is not on a meter, yet.

#367 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostDanny Fubar Col 21C RHG, on 21 June 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

I appreciate it PGI thanks, but I'm left once again wondering why for just having a few minutes for a quick couple of games that you automatically start the meter running for what was only 20 minutes of game play before I logged off. I log on again and hey I have 10 minutes left on the clock...So all you gave me was 30 min. It really insults common sense to keep that meter running when members are not in game. Just imagine how much P-Time sales would increase if you could only get a clue. Thank the Mech Gods that the Mech Bay is not on a meter, yet.

They gave you 24 hours. They said it was activated premium time. They have done this before.

What's the problem? Or do you just want to complain?

#368 Phelantau

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

This was great thanks! I have been thinking about getting a Jenner for a while now. I only had one open mech bay though and couldn't decide on which to get. Thanks to the complimentary mech bay and the original 4 sale this weekend I was able to get both the D and F variant for the price of one with c-bills without having to get more MC.

Edited by Phelantau, 21 June 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#369 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 18 June 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Excellent concern.
Simply put: No, it will activate upon login and your seperate banked premium time will remain secure until you choose to activate that banked time. :)

But a bit of a ***** to login in today and see that I had 36 minutes of Premium time left......

Thanks for the heads up on it automatically starting....and if it was mentioned somewhere....I damn sure didn't see it.

#370 Sunrise86

• Pip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

Thank you! :)

#371 Evingolis

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

Thank you for 5th mechbay but this premium time is pure bullshit. I logged once, next two days i am working 12 hours per day. So, i had ONE premium game and free mechbay. Thank you again, mechbay is nice gift, but still is little sad that you can not do anything right even when you try PGI.

Edited by Evingolis, 21 June 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#372 Gideonwolf

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

how do we tell how much banked time we have?

#373 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostGideonwolf, on 21 June 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

how do we tell how much banked time we have?

If you click activate you get a prompt with how much time has been banked and a "Are you sure you wish to activate?" message.

#374 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

weee, thank you :D , the mechbay is really nice

#375 DarkBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 18 June 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Excellent concern.
Simply put: No, it will activate upon login and your seperate banked premium time will remain secure until you choose to activate that banked time. :D

It was nice to give something back for all the headaches. However, It would have been nicer to put that time in our time bank.
For me I might get one drop in this free premium time. I did not realize when I logged on the time would start. Just making it turn on on log on makes no sense. The ability to use it when we wanted would have went much farther to smooth things out. At first when I saw this i wanted to just boycott premium time. Now I have read the Clan FAQ I still might buy one soon. I hope when you want to buy premium time at any time it goes in the bank. I should be able to log on to check sales and such and not just waste this so called free time. Well at any rate thanks for the free mech bay....

#376 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Having trouble with your server numbers huh guys?

#377 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Thank you!

#378 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostSable Phoenix, on 21 June 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

I appreciate the gesture, but having the Premium Time activate upon login makes it functionally useless, unless I just simply don't play the game at all until I have an entire day to devote to playing. A day like that rarely happens, and since you don't do Premium Time the right way and only allow it to run down when we're actually logged in and playing, I get maybe 3 hours of actual Premium Time.

On a side, but related, note, other F2P games handle this kind of thing much better than MWO does. Even Marvel Heroes, which is a pretty fluffy F2P title, handles this kind of thing better than MWO; the purchasable buffs will only run down while in an actual combat area, and will freeze when you're in a hub. You can log in all day and never run out of your buffs until you're actually in an open area or mission instance, actually using them and gaining a benefit from them them. In MWO, on the other hand, the vast majority of the Premium Time that we spend actual money on is completely wasted, because nobody can play the game even close to 24 hours a day. Where's our Premium Time pause button? The only Premium Time I've ever had is the stuff that came with the Founders', Phoenix, and Clan packages, and until we get some way to toggle our Premium Time on and off at will, I won't ever bother buying it by itself.

With the way you have it set up right now, you might as well not even bother giving away that single day. Next time, either make it banked, or give us something else that's actually valuable.

What an ungrateful newb...

#379 TheRealPope478

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the free premium time and a mech bay.

I do have 1 complaint though. I actually ala carted 3 clan mechs when I saw I had free premium time. The problem is that I didn't realize that premium time runs even when logged out. So I only got about 4 hours to use the premium time in leveling up my new mechs.

My other big f2p game is Dungeons and Dragons online, when you buy xp/fame/loot boosting stuff in that game the timer stops when you are not in an xp gaining area. I was highly disappointed to log back in to see my time almost all gone.

I would highly recommend that you guys stop the timer AT LEAST when the player is logged out of the game. Either that or even go so far as to sell premium matches instead of actual time. Say like instead of 24 hours sell 60 matches of premium bonus. That way the timer isn't running in the mech lab or in testing grounds.

#380 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

I think most people appreciate the good will intentions .... and yes Free is Free ... I'm not complaining

Did they show good will if you live on MWO - YES

Did they show Practical good will for most - NO

I understand the arguments but the premium time had limited use for some and the Free mechbay, well the dividends could pay off very well for them if you fill it and and elite mechs, with or without the premium time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users