3 replies to this topic

#1 Rabitldr

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

Jumpjets, useful as they are, I wondered about an alternate use.

What if there was a switch so instead of just jumping you could use them to lay smoke screen that would block heat sensors?

It would have a cool down just like now but obscure vision both visually and on a heat sensor. A layman's alternative to ECM and allow for another area of tactical play. It might even help vent heat slightly.

I know it might chew processing power but I don't know that much about code :P

Anyone think it could be done?

Edited by Rabitldr, 06 August 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

would be cool if mechs with JJ's could get some horizontal speedbursts, esepcially fat and slower mechs with JJ's could need that.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 August 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

you could probibly use stand alone weapons for those kind of things. pretty sure i saw smoke screens and other such weapons on sarna. ecm mechs can lay down smoke to make it impossible to find them without a lock. sort of like the trees on emerald taiga. except which can be targeted to a location at will. would make for some interesting gameplay.

#4 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

In the lore, Flamers are often used for this. The idea is that if you hit a destructible tree or explosive fuel of some sort with one you could make a smoke screen.

Unfortunately this hasn't been implemented and Flamers in the game are stuck in the position of doing hardly any damage to mechs, yet not having that alternate use for mech vs mech combat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users