Add Toggle For New Uac 5 Mechanic

4 replies to this topic

Poll: add toggle for new uac mechanic (10 member(s) have cast votes)

you want it ?

1. yes (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. no (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

The new uac mechanic is bad imho. it fixes some things and breaks others...including my mouse.

since it has a good part in it....make a toggle for it. So everyone can use the fire mode they prefer.

#2 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

The current mechanic is broken, but a toggle is not the answer. The UAC/5 just needs to fire like a regular AC/5 when you hold down the button. This way you get the best of both worlds and don't need a toggle.

This should include that the weapon starts firing again after unjamming if the button is still hold down.

#3 reaverOfCheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

Hell yes... i was livid when they changed the fire mode. I can't understand the problem with removing your finger from the mouse when you don't want to fire the second shot. From what i understand though, lots of people who played the older mech games prefer it this way (i guess i would to if i had originally grown accustomed to it).

I have a pair of uac/5 and ac/2 in my jagger and i believe my damage output has now suffered around 7-8% due to miss timing on my mouse triggers. This is also coupled with the fact that your aim gets nudged slightly when constantly bashing the mouse (stop laughing please, thats not an innuendo), effecting long range shots.

A fire mode would be great... all they have to do is assign the fire mode to the same button as the missile doors (i don't believe that lrm's have different firing modes that they will need to put into the game later but feel free to correct me on this).

Edited by reaverOfCheesecake, 19 June 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#4 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

They should at least rename it to USAC 5, (ultra semi automatic Cannon)

#5 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

the toggle is the answer, they altered the mechanic because they considered it is needed..personally i would use the old way and a toggle would offer a solution for everyone. imo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users