5 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

All Hunchbacks, Catapults, Atlases and Jenners.

Half off MC and C-bills. Excellent deal for new mechwarriors.

Edited by Spheroid, 20 June 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Hyperion Adama

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 20 June 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

All hunchbacks, Catapults, Atlases and Jenners.

Half off MC and C-bills. Excellent deal for new mechwarriors.

Thinking of picking up a Boars head at that price its a good deal.

however does anyone know if the current mech pricing is going to be established for clan mechs with 7k being the top end for assaults? Period? Because i am tempted but i cant get more MC right now and i want to keep enough for when the Clan mechs become store available.

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Someone at IGP knows. We only have speculation so far.

Separately, you might want to ignore the Boar's Head. It is rather inferior to other Atlas chassis. The XL engine is just silly, and useful builds (based on STD350) can be done with minor differences on a different Atlas (RS or D, depending on where you want spare lasers).

#4 Hyperion Adama

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostModo44, on 20 June 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Someone at IGP knows. We only have speculation so far.

Separately, you might want to ignore the Boar's Head. It is rather inferior to other Atlas chassis. The XL engine is just silly, and useful builds (based on STD350) can be done with minor differences on a different Atlas (RS or D, depending on where you want spare lasers).

Thanks. Which means i'm limiting my spending to no more than 5k MC across the board. That way i should have plenty in the worst case scenario for my Timberwolf. Because i cant afford a damn mech pack even ala carte right now. And i want that timberwolf! >.<

#5 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostHyperion Adama, on 20 June 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Thanks. Which means i'm limiting my spending to no more than 5k MC across the board. That way i should have plenty in the worst case scenario for my Timberwolf. Because i cant afford a damn mech pack even ala carte right now. And i want that timberwolf! >.<

It kind of depresses me that the community isn't more outraged at the obnoxious price points PGI has set for.. basically everything. A game needs to make money sure, but single digital mechs that cost half of a brand new AAA title, Unique hardpoint loadouts locked behind paywalls, mech packs that cost upwards of 200 USD and "gold" mechs that cost as much as an IPad, It's actually all kinds of vomit inducing. Unlocking a single paint color costs more than Bethesda's infamous Horse Armor.. I'm not sure if they get away with it purely by virtue that there's an audience desperate for an MW style game or if a decade plus of living in a DLC infused gaming culture has just desensitized us that much.. but either way.. it's very disturbing to me.

I recognize they need to make money, but the way they have gone about it feels slimy. Not everyone can be GGG though I guess..

Edited by Quxudica, 20 June 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

There is an official announcement for this, so there is no need for a signal boost.

Closing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users