- - - - -

Returning After A Long Time, Tips And Advice?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostQuxudica, on 19 June 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Yeah I meant knockdowns, there was always talk of reintroducing it after they removed the mechanic a looong time ago. Was just curious if they had. In some ways I'm kind of glad they haven't.

The statement was "after Community Warfare." CW comes in August/September. Maybe by December? Obviously with some major changes.

#22 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

There is still some damage from running into other mechs, friendly or enemy. With the Raven 4X and Battlemaster 1G I have killed other mechs running into them. The 1G uses a 400XL to go 83 kph. Surprising how XL friendly that build is for me.

#23 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Try running medium mechs will xl engines. Current build that I run is a 305xl erppc 2 mpl and 3-4 ssrm. Running a little hot with a 1.1 heat efficiency. Average damage is in the high 300 to 400 but lately closer to 500. Best advice when facing clan mechs is to work as a pair never go at it alone.

#24 Bylak

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the infor all! Really appreciate it =)

In terms of light mechs wrecking face, I was running around in a Raven before I left with a TAG for missile boats. Is that as terrible an idea to do in the current game as I think it is?

#25 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

tag is a good piece of equipment. Lrms are at a decent spot for once. Not too strong, not too weak, but there's no telling how many lrm boats you will have on your team. Also, tag cuts through ECM and provides some xp and cbill boosts so still a good piece of equipment even if not used to its full potential every game.

Also, I encourage you to look into the cbill version of the UAV. It's a great consumable to use. Use it when near a cluster of enemies and you'll get spotting assists as well as showing all the enemies for your allies to target. It even cuts through ECM. There is a GXP skill under the pilot skills that you will want to unlock to upgrade the cbill version to the same as the MC version. The arty/airstrikes are also useful but that's another 40,000 cbills any match you use them.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 20 June 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#26 Kanigit

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Welcome back, I also am coming back after a break (though mine was only a few months).

Much useful info has already been posted, so I will simply add: with the clear differences between the clan and IS weaponry, this is the biggest shakeup since I started playing (just after open beta started). Matches are exciting right now especially, as everybody with clan tech is experimenting like crazy and I've been having fun pitting my IS mechs against them- I'm enjoying the variety, it was what was needed to get me interested again (as I suspect was the case for many!)

Good hunting

#27 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Dont stand behind teammates and box them in.
Dont shoot teammates in the back, or at all for that matter.
Dont stand still in the open!

#28 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

As a player just coming back from a 6 month break, the clan mechs actually seem fairly well balanced so far.. I havent found any to be completly op and its nice to see they all still die to LRM's.. Also how the heck do you get these achievment titles to display?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users