Missing Modules?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hey all, I haven't played for a while and came back to find 1 or 2 of my modules missing. Not in my inventory or any mech. I'm confident I haven't sold any mechs with modules in them. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way I can find out if anything happened to the modules like a mech sale history or has anyone else experienced this?

#2 ilusian

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Same thing happened to me with this latest patch, I lost Radar deprivation, 360, advanced zoom, and a seismic.
Whats going on ?

#3 Thiima

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

If you have any mechs that show invalid loadout, open them up, save them and then leave the customisation screen. Then re-open it again and any modules on those mechs should re-appear in your inventory, it happened to me too.

#4 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostThiima, on 03 August 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

If you have any mechs that show invalid loadout, open them up, save them and then leave the customisation screen. Then re-open it again and any modules on those mechs should re-appear in your inventory, it happened to me too.

Yep. Known bug, known workaround. Minor one time inconvenience :)

#5 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

you have to click modules WITH-IN configuration, WITH-IN mech lab.

they changed the system a bit and it needs to bee accessed that way now.
you should be able to see up to 6 module slots.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 03 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#6 Fatal25

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

It happened to me after the last patch. I bought a couple of weapon mods, including the broken clan ER medium and large lasers. I put the clan ER large on a mech and left it there. I have been swapping the clan ER medium around and left it in my inventory overnight. When I came back the next day it was gone. I sent a ticket into support, but god knows if they will replace it. The clan ER medium and large are broken for some people, the devs have confirmed it. Not only does the description say it only effects small lasers for all three, but it adds no range to the medium or large lasers. It needs to be fixed.

#7 Fatal25

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Five days now and still no response from my support ticket. How many MC points do I need to spend to get a response?

#8 Agent Pires

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:53 AM

I seem to have lost my Advanced Zoom too. Have tried the above but to still no avail wtf?

#9 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Sergio Santos from support had this to say about my missing modules (ER Large Refresh and Seismic):
1. I could not find them in your file so run the repair tool.
2. Update and Patch
3. See this thread.

As I already pain stakeingly searched in the mechbay my 30 mechs. #1 is ruled out. I guess I'll run the patcher.

And if I interpret the fix correctly... Every mech that is red or yellow needs to be RESAVED to fix any bugs. The problem I have with that is since save is unavailable without any changes I run the risk of losing any modules on a mech saved as a new mech that shows no modules. Frankly I'm surprised that modules purchased aren't saved as profile data and would be viewable online with purchase date and which mech has them. This is a simpler fix than changing the inventory screen around to be a properly adjustable table with ascending/descending column adjustments. Smurphy can pull all weapon data and build a website from it they can script player files to profiles to show our game meta data- and to be fair they already are with weapon stats but it could be better.

#10 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

In the same boat here, my inventory says i have an AMS module but i went through EVERY mech i owned and stripped them all and yet when i go to a mech with AMS, it tells me no module, would u like to spend another 4 mill.

#11 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Should just have to select 'strip all modules' under strip mech. That should release your modules. Unfortunately you'll have to do it for every chassis...

#12 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

The fast way to find Modules That I have found is under the Inventory system.

Click the home button at the top of the game screen, Next Click Inventory on the left. As you click on each mech it will show what Modules are on it. ****NOTE**** Mechs that cannot be sold aka the ones with the "(F),(P),(S),(I)" as part of the Model Number will NOT show up in the Inventory list so you have to use the MechLab area to check these mech.

Edited by wolf74, 30 September 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#13 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:56 AM

I had this same issue and I sent in a ticket on it. I was then told that all my modules were still on the mechs I left them on as was given a list.

There is a bug in the game that seems to pop up during new patches. Go to your inventory and if they don't show up there, look for all your mechs that are flagged with the red warning symbols. Click into them and it will say you have a message about your current models and that you can't equip this or that (for whatever reason) and it says it will strip all modules and then you have to save the configuration. Once you do that, your missing modules will then show up in your inventory again.

#14 Jopshua

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

I had two engines disappear on me and the repair tool did nothing. on the afflicted mech i took off one heat sink, replaced it, and saved the changes. that made the engines reappear.

#15 Morhadel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

done and tried all of this and i am still missing modules

Edited by Morhadel, 16 November 2014 - 07:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users