Best Cooler For Amd X6 1100T

9 replies to this topic

#1 Hougham

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

At the moment my AMD X6 1100T that has the stock AMD cooler installed. Its a noisy thing that is not all that great at cooling. So I am just looking for something a little better for a spot of overclocking. I have a Cooler Master CM 690 II Case so plenty of room. Can any one recommend any option? are these closed water coolers any good? I don't wish to have to be servicing the thing all the time. Thanks

#2 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

There are some very good closed loop liquid coolers on the market, just be sure to double check the dimensions of the one you want vs. the room you have in your case with other components installed. I have a full server chassis and had some issues getting one of these in it. Here is a pretty good review of several options:

http://www.anandtech...-liquid-coolers

Edit: And by "had some issues" I mean I could not fit a 280mm radiator with 4 fans in it on the rear fan mounts. I wound up doing some major modifications and mounting the radiator to the top of the case after cutting holes out for it and modifying a mounting bracket I had.

Edited by Lostdragon, 20 June 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#3 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

This one is popular http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103099

#4 Hougham

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Thank you for that great link Lostdragon and Ninjitsu. I see that the Corsair H100i looks to come out rather well in the review. That's good news because I have found a few links online saying its a easy fit in my case if you have the right motherboard like this http://cdn.overclock...9_DSCN0451.jpeg It is rather tempting

Edited by Hougham, 20 June 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#5 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

If you aren't OCing your 1100t, you don't really need a liquid cooler. I've had my 1055t on air for years. the 6 core phenom II's are pretty stable. Now, if you're going to OC your CPU, go for the liquid for sure.

#6 Outlaw10449

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

I used to have a 1100t that I OC to 4.2ghz using corsair H100 with the stock fans and that kept the cpu from going over 45C load while playng games. in your case you should get the corsair h100i or the h110. corsair has 5 year warranties for their liquid cooling kits so the should last for a long time

#7 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I used a CNPS 9900 Max by Zalman, highest stable I could hold was 4200 on 6/6 and 4400 on 4/6 I miss that cooler, it looks so nice.

Posted Image

Overclock
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 20 June 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#8 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

I have the H100i. It is bigger than you might think. It's not so much the 240mm surface area but the thickness of the radiator plus fans. If you have a mid tower, it will be very tight if you top mount and forget about rear mount. The included hoses are not long enough to take advantage of an external setup without modifications.

However, having said that, I absolutely love mine. FX-8350 on stock clock never gets above 35C in MWO according to Coretemp. And I have the fans set on "balanced" and I hear the pump more than I hear the fans. I recently went over to performance and still hardly any noise from the fans,but they never get to full RPMs.

If you are not going to OC though just get a $30 air cooler like the 212.

#9 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostHougham, on 20 June 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Thank you for that great link Lostdragon and Ninjitsu. I see that the Corsair H100i looks to come out rather well in the review. That's good news because I have found a few links online saying its a easy fit in my case if you have the right motherboard like this http://cdn.overclock...9_DSCN0451.jpeg It is rather tempting

I have always had good luck with Corsair hardware, have been using it for many years. I think you'd be happy with that one.

#10 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Noctua makes some great air cooling HSF combos http://www.noctua.at...ts_id=63&lng=en would be one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users