4 replies to this topic

#1 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hi All ;-)

Is the some where I can go to read about/better understand Pilot Trees (under the Skills Tab in game)? I know you spend GXP on them, but that is about it.

I'm hoping for an explanation of how they work and the best way to level up.

But first, I'd like to know, do they apply to me (and thereby, any Mech I use) as a Mech Pilot? Or to the Mech that is in the background when you choose one?

Thanks for the help ;-)

Edited by Ayrmoon, 19 June 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#2 Saketai

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Most of the pilot tree items don't actually help by themselves, but instead unlock modules that you equip to get the effect.

So for example, if you wanted Advanced Zoom, you'd have to first unlock it for 5000 GXP, and then buy one for 2M C-Bills. Then that mech (and only that mech) gains the boosted zoom; if you want to use it elsewhere, you can unequip and move it... or buy another.

The exceptions are the upgrades under the Consumable section. Those enhance the CB-purchasable consumables, making them equivalent to the ones that cost MC.

There was another thread on modules a while back that might help: https://mwomercs.com...ng-the-modules/

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostSaketai, on 19 June 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

So for example, if you wanted Advanced Zoom, you'd have to first unlock it for 5000 GXP, and then buy one for 2M C-Bills. Then that mech (and only that mech) gains the boosted zoom; if you want to use it elsewhere, you can unequip and move it... or buy another.

It can be transferred from one mech to another
All modules are universal - but they are a physical object like the weapons.
If you only have one - only one mech at a time can equip it.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostAyrmoon, on 19 June 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

But first, I'd like to know, do they apply to me (and thereby, any Mech I use) as a Mech Pilot? Or to the Mech that is in the background when you choose one?

This is sort of a immersion based question so I'll answer it.

Imagine this:

As you gain experience, you begin to learn that you can tinker with this and get a little more twist. Or tinker with that and it'll give you better reaction time.

Over time, your GXP accrues and you as the pilot begin to learn there are other things. Maybe you overheard it at a junkyard, or the tech might have mentioned it, or some more experienced guy at the bar said something about it. You discovered that there's some sort of computer enhancement that allow you to get target status data (target info gathering module) much faster. As you investigate you get more GXP until you have enough to arrange a meeting.

So you meet up with some suspicious looking people in a dark alley. They told you to come alone, with the money. A huge sum; almost enough to buy yourself another mech. There, you show you got the money, you get the part, and you back away cautiously expecting to be shot in the back.

And there you go, one black market sensor enhancement. It only cost you an arm and a leg, but hey it could have been literally! Attach it to your mech and rock on; just be aware you'll want to swap it between them or buy more than one.

In other words they apply to your mech but can be removed and put in other mechs.

#5 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thanks to all three of you for your responses. I'm learning more and more about the game each day and it's thanks to players like you that make it much easier to do! All the info above has helped, the thread, the explanations, and even your story line Koniving. It kinda helped pop things into place ;-)

Thanks again all and Happy Hunting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users