4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Okay. PGI...I have a bone to pick with you.

In order to make the Ultra Auto Cannon balanced, you removed the hold down to fire. Now your concern was that the Auto Cannon is outperforming your expectations.

The Clans arrive. Yes. Everybody is happy. EXTREME FIREPOWER.

I watched as a guy on You Tube with a Stormcrow fired off 5 shots with a Clan Ultra AC 20. He did this at least four times, firing off 5 shots faster than a AC 2 can fire. Not one jam.

Here I am. Boom....click....click....click....Boom....click....click....click....JAM (expletive deleted).

Yes the clans are great. Yes their firepower is intended to be better than IS. Often times a Clan Mech is simply blasting away any opponent before they can even return fire.

Please return the hold down and fire function for the UAC. While it is great the Clans have an Ultra AC 20, being able to fire at such a high rate is well, devastating.

While I know this post may not be received well by those who have been enjoying these deadly weapons, the clan weapons are just overwhelming when it comes compared to IS. Or was this your intention,

Now when a Clan Mech steps up, it is intended to be powerful. This I know. But lets see. I watch as a Clan Mech open fires with an Ultra Auto Cannon and rakes a mountainside with it, firing faster than any weapon I've ever seen and does not stop because it never jams, and anybody in that zone is toast. Now the Clan having a higher rate of fire with slightly better range is acceptable, because they are better than the IS, but all I can see is that the balance of power has been tossed to the wind.

So for now I commend the Clans for having such fine weapons. Here I rest my opinion.

Edited by Kalimaster, 21 June 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Kali.....the Clan 20 fires five rounds that fast because each is only four points of damage. Clan weapons are actually weaker in this regard since those five x four point rounds may well land in different places. This unlike an IS 20 where it is a single round that goes to exactly one point.

You are kisunderstanding the mechanic oc Clan AC's here. You press the trigger once and it rips off a five round burst. It is not five distinct AC20 rounds. It is five x four point rounds per trigger fire, that equal 20pts of of potential damage.

They gain potential impulse (ie screenshake) with that ripped burst but they lose pinpoint capability that IS have. Its very disconcerting right now to be on the receiving end because it is new tech but once you get used to it you will see the cons of spread damage via the burst mechanic actually hurts Clan ACs versus their IS counterparts who are true front loaded, pinpoint weapons.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostLukoi, on 21 June 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Kali.....the Clan 20 fires five rounds that fast because each is only four points of damage. Clan weapons are actually weaker in this regard since those five x four point rounds may well land in different places. This unlike an IS 20 where it is a single round that goes to exactly one point.

You are kisunderstanding the mechanic oc Clan AC's here. You press the trigger once and it rips off a five round burst. It is not five distinct AC20 rounds. It is five x four point rounds per trigger fire, that equal 20pts of of potential damage.

They gain potential impulse (ie screenshake) with that ripped burst but they lose pinpoint capability that IS have. Its very disconcerting right now to be on the receiving end because it is new tech but once you get used to it you will see the cons of spread damage via the burst mechanic actually hurts Clan ACs versus their IS counterparts who are true front loaded, pinpoint weapons.

Lukoi is absolutely correct.

This is why AC40 Jag's are still lethal mechs, in no way outclassed by clan mechs packing UAC's. A given C-UAC20 can fire it's 5 round burst of 4 damage shells (20 total damage) every 5 seconds. Plus the .5s burst time, so it does 20 damage in total every 5.5 seconds. It can "doubletap" to push another 5 rounds inside that cooldown (at the risk of jamming) but even in that case, it's still only firing 5 more 4 damage shells.

As such, if you're twisting, it's almost garaunteed to spread it's damage across your mech - something that isn't a danger with an Inner Sphere AC20 - making the IS AC20 a decidedly superior weapon. Landing 20 points of damage in one spot every time is very valuable.

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure how this topic is a feature suggestion... :ph34r:
And secondly, for lack of a more sophisticated way of putting it, Clan tech is not "OP", it's just different.
As Lukoi pointed out (with numerous spelling and grammar errors, I might add :rolleyes:) the Clan AC's are more of a nuisance than a true danger (as far as keeping the damage sustained in one location goes, anyhow) and don't fire off multiple rounds doing the amount of damage the cannon says it does, but rather multiple rounds doing amounts of damage that add up to that number.
So just be patient, anything that is really out of balance will be ironed out eventually. :)

#5 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thanks, I didn't know.

But please restore the hold and fire on the UAC. Thanks :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users