#21 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostAH Albatross, on 23 June 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Maybe, but I read it differently because of his comment " and give meaningful cGauss ammo." 1 ton is ammo, but with dual gauss that is like 7 shots apiece not very meaningful.

Yeah, meaningful ammo is enough to matter in a battle. One ton for one gun is absurd, let alone more. The build I posted offers 50 rounds, or 25 shots per gun, which is still maybe a little light, but Daishis tend to get focused early so more might not be beneficial.

#22 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

You didnt take a single GR, you took, likely 2 GR/2ERPPC....whcih is 50pts in one shot. If you were already injured, yeah....

#23 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostKryton77, on 22 June 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Can anyone explain to me how a Gauss Rifle can strip the armour on the center torso of a Dire Wolf in a single shot?
I was just in a game where my armour was yellow, so still a fair bit left (started with 94 on center). I took a gauss hit from an unknown mech as I was facing a hill, and my front center went critical damage. Even if it was two gauss at the same time, I wouldn't have expected the internal to go dark orange.
Am I missing something I'm not aware of?

I just tested this. The paper doll is fine. It updates fine. The problem is that it doesn't update until all damage has been dealt, and there is a break of about 1 second.

So if you are being hit by multiple mechs non-stop. The paper doll will not be updating as you are hit. Once they stop hitting you for about a second or so, you'll get the full update. If they keep the stream going, you will get intermittent updates while you're being cored to 0.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users